William Gibson's Alien 3 - Audio Drama - 2019

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 19, 2019, 02:10:54 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 - Audio Drama - 2019 (Read 40,790 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Hearing their enthusiasm, and their thought processes. I do actually now want another film with them, for something they're proud of.

I don't think the William Gibson script is anywhere near the realm of Alien or Aliens, (especially don't enjoy the out of nowhere virus) but it's a decent basis for a idea.

Spoiler
No I still don't support Neill Blomkamp as Director/lead, nor a passing of the torch storyline and I still want the Vincent Ward version as a graphic novel.
[close]

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 13, 2019, 09:31:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGgCodGkWl4

Hearing their enthusiasm, and their thought processes. I do actually now want another film with them, for something they're proud of.

I don't think the William Gibson script is anywhere near the realm of Alien or Aliens, (especially don't enjoy the out of nowhere virus) but it's a decent basis for a idea.

Spoiler
No I still don't support Neill Blomkamp as Director/lead, nor a passing of the torch storyline and I still want the Vincent Ward version as a graphic novel.
[close]

Wow!  That's earth shattering.  We're almost close to being on the same page on this subject since you joined the fun on this forum.  In truth I don't think either of us knows what Blomkamp's film would be so tough to judge it.  Maybe I wouldn't be happy with it.  Maybe you would.  Who knows?  I didnt particularly like the Gibson Alien 3 direction.  I just liked the idea of using these amazing characters.  I think the old Verheiden series is in some ways a good blueprint for a new Aliens continuation, though there are many elements there that I could do without.

I never really got that enthused about passing the torch either.  It was more about a good proper closure.  Of course you can't have all the worst things befall one character over and over again.  That's ridiculous.  But one good final send off would be amazing...

So is there a way to buy this audio drama without having to get s subscription to audible?

The Old One

The Old One

I don't enjoy Neill Blomkamp as a Director, on the most basic level, a massive upgrade is required, in my opinion.

And I always thought the Mark Verheiden series was ridiculous and cliché, it's just repeating the old invasion story that equates Aliens with illegal Aliens, or a foreign force.
I just have no interest in that story on a fundamental level for the Alien franchise, I think every Alien film is more interesting than that so far.

It is ridiculous the idea of it occurring over and over again to the same individual, and I stand by my statement that you're essentially more likely to carry it back with you, than return to face it on your own terms for a second or third time.

Nostromo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2019, 01:40:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGgCodGkWl4

And my review: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/william-gibsons-alien-3-audio-drama/

Spoiler
f**king loved it.
[close]

Awesome you can feel it in their voices they were really into it, great stuff. Lance & Michael are looking great n healthy. Wish they could play bigger roles in anything Aliens. I'm still thinking Sigourney had a line or two in this, just didn't sound like the movie part.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jun 13, 2019, 09:28:27 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 13, 2019, 08:37:17 PM
Michael still sounds so youthful. It really helps sell a story taking place right after the film. And that Lance H. voice power. I could listen to the guy read a cookbook all day.

I'd pay for that.

Have you known that Bishop is talented cooker? Mmmm, delicious...

Jenga

Does anyone know when this will be available in the US? currently I only see this Audible drama being available on the UK amazon store

Stitch

Quote from: Jenga on Jun 24, 2019, 08:41:59 PM
Does anyone know when this will be available in the US? currently I only see this Audible drama being available on the UK amazon store
I'm in the UK but I'm sure that it was made available in the US the same day. I know because it was offered as one of the free downloads that I found out is only available in the US and not the UK.

https://www.audible.com/pd/Alien-III-Audiobook/B07QY3KR81?qid=1561414942&sr=1-1&pf_rd_p=e81b7c27-6880-467a-b5a7-13cef5d729fe&pf_rd_r=HXQAQJTT43G09EK974SZ&ref=a_search_c3_lProduct_1_1

Jenga

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 24, 2019, 10:22:50 PM
I'm in the UK but I'm sure that it was made available in the US the same day. I know because it was offered as one of the free downloads that I found out is only available in the US and not the UK.

https://www.audible.com/pd/Alien-III-Audiobook/B07QY3KR81?qid=1561414942&sr=1-1&pf_rd_p=e81b7c27-6880-467a-b5a7-13cef5d729fe&pf_rd_r=HXQAQJTT43G09EK974SZ&ref=a_search_c3_lProduct_1_1

Thank you! I wasn't finding it by searching yesterday. Your link works! Saved!

Stitch

Quote from: Jenga on Jun 25, 2019, 09:52:05 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Jun 24, 2019, 10:22:50 PM

Thank you! I wasn't finding it by searching yesterday. Your link works! Saved!
No worries. Enjoy!

Highland

Sorry if this has been answered, but was the line in this script about the Alien DNA being an ancient designed weapon ( and also the mutating grey stuff) always in the script ? Pretty interesting that some of the Prometheus ideas were floating about even back then.

EDIT: I'm only half way through the audio.

Kradan

I think so. Hicks love to mention how much Covenant borrowed from Gibson's script.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Highland on Jun 27, 2019, 01:29:10 AM
Sorry if this has been answered, but was the line in this script about the Alien DNA being an ancient designed weapon ( and also the mutating grey stuff) always in the script ? Pretty interesting that some of the Prometheus ideas were floating about even back then.

Pretty sure it was in the first draft.

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 27, 2019, 07:15:26 AM
I think so. Hicks love to mention how much Covenant borrowed from Gibson's script.

Well Prometheus and Covenant proof nothing is gone. Though it's more Chariot of the Gods than anything exclusively Alien, you can argue Prometheus borrowed quite heavily from O'Bannon's first draft too.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 27, 2019, 07:22:11 AMPretty sure it was in the first draft.

It was indeed.

Ironic how the idea seemingly came from interviews with Ridley at the time of Alien's release, only for him to later make it decidedly not ancient :laugh:

Highland

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 27, 2019, 07:55:39 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 27, 2019, 07:22:11 AMPretty sure it was in the first draft.

It was indeed.

Ironic how the idea seemingly came from interviews with Ridley at the time of Alien's release, only for him to later make it decidedly not ancient :laugh:

Yeah the word ancient really puts the cat among the pigeons there when you put it in the sentence. I really like how this script doesn't pussy foot around with vague ideas, it straight up puts some science in there.

The Old One

The Old One

Pseudo-science.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed