Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 962,074 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What's the difference in online play between them?

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 14, 2010, 03:51:59 PM
What's the difference in online play between them?
Bc 2 is more team based. You NEED team work to win and most people think it is more skill based. Also everything is bigger and more badass.

Keg

Keg

Well Knights of The Old Republic came in the post this morning so my Metal Gear Solid runthrough got saclked off. I normally hate RPG's and the stories normally are too slow to keep me interested. This is the only one ive ever had the patience to complete (I admit i'm more of a 10 hour, straight up story, gamer) and its been years since ive played. Hell I forgot how big the game is. Ive been playing for 4 hours and ive just gotten to the under city with Mission. on my way to rescue Zaalbar.

Nope

Nope

Quote from: Keg on Apr 14, 2010, 07:25:45 PM
Well Knights of The Old Republic came in the post this morning so my Metal Gear Solid runthrough got saclked off. I normally hate RPG's and the stories normally are too slow to keep me interested. This is the only one ive ever had the patience to complete (I admit i'm more of a 10 hour, straight up story, gamer) and its been years since ive played. Hell I forgot how big the game is. Ive been playing for 4 hours and ive just gotten to the under city with Mission. on my way to rescue Zaalbar.
Man i loved that game, and being a big star wars fan made it all the more awsome.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

I remember playing Metal Gear Solid when I was a Kid.
Thought it was a good game until the Vampires and shit.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Pokemon Soul Silver and Excite Truck. I've had Excite Truck since launch day of the Wii, but a drunken bout has got me interested in the game again. Might pick up the sequel, Excite Bots.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Apr 15, 2010, 04:15:18 AM

All of the games had supernatural elements in them though. and then in MGS4 everything was ruined by going...oh its nanomachines

Dark Void
i orignally was going to get it when it came out, but it got awful reviews and i cancelled my pre-order, i then saw it for under £10 online and bought it and it's actually really good, it reminds me a lot of SW:TFU in some ways, like the pace and things, even the "tech points" you pick up resemble the force things you get in TFU. graphically, it is along the same lines as Batman:AA since it uses the unreal engine, but the world is a lot bigger, and has some of the graphical glitches that plague Borderlands and other large world games that use UE, such as somtimes arriving somewhere, and having to wait half a second for the high res testures to load so it looks like everything is a muddly low res. but it's actually a good game, espeically for the price.
downside is that a big chunk of the trophies are ones you can only get if you buy the DLC. :(

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Keg on Apr 15, 2010, 11:07:44 AM

All of the games had supernatural elements in them though. and then in MGS4 everything was ruined by going...oh its nanomachines

MGS3 had a dude that can crawl up friggen trees, like a spider.  :o

Keg

Keg

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 15, 2010, 11:44:37 AM
Quote from: Keg on Apr 15, 2010, 11:07:44 AM

MGS3 had a dude that can crawl up friggen trees, like a spider.  :o

Ahh thats nothing. When you think about it. In MGS you had Pyscho Mantis who could read minds and use telekinesis to move objects and you also had Vulcan Raven who had some weird powers involving a Raven and the mark of death. Then in MGS2 you had Vamp who was shot in the head and didnt die and he could run up walls and on water, and he could use your shadow to pin you to the spot. Then MGS3 really went all out with the supernatural. The Sorrow as a ghost, The Boss's scar on her stomach disapearing like a snake, The fury erupting into a massive fireball with a face (ala the sandstorm from the mummy only with fire), The End and his unaturally long life, The Pain with his ability to control bees. Oh i was quite happy with all the unexplained supernatural occurences. It felt very much a part of MGS and then suddenly in MGS4 Hideo felt that he had to try and explain it all away with nanomachines. Bollocks.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

My God, I bought the PS3 bundled with MGS 4 in 2008 and I still haven't finished it yet. The last sequence I played was the one in which you have to trail a resistance member through the streets. I got past it, but because we had company over, I couldn't watch the cinematics that followed so I had to skip them :(

Really don't want to have to replay that one sequence over again, it was so slow.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 15, 2010, 03:19:08 PM
My God, I bought the PS3 bundled with MGS 4 in 2008 and I still haven't finished it yet. The last sequence I played was the one in which you have to trail a resistance member through the streets. I got past it, but because we had company over, I couldn't watch the cinematics that followed so I had to skip them :(

Really don't want to have to replay that one sequence over again, it was so slow.

you think you would have gone back to play it if they patchedin trophy support?
the main reason i don't have it, is because i played and completed it on a friend's PS3 before i bought my own in early 09, if they had put on a trophy patch, which many games that came out at a similar time becasue it was only shortly before trophies became standard, i would have rebought it for myself.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Trophy support would've helped, yeah. I'll get around to it eventually; I always do.

Keg

Keg

what difference does a trophy make to a game thoug. ive never understood that. i couldnt care less. If i enjoy a game i enjoy it. I dont need to beat it on the highest difficulty,tearing my hair out, and then going back through to get all the daft little irritating trophies just to have a small symbol say ive got platinum...and? Hell ill play a game multiple times just because i enjoy it. I really dont get this whole trophy and achievements thing at all. but thats just me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Bragging rights and they add replay value.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed