The Xenomorph state of suspended animation + Carlos Haunte Theory

Started by acrediblesource, Apr 06, 2021, 06:44:46 PM

Author
The Xenomorph state of suspended animation + Carlos Haunte Theory (Read 2,917 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I'm not sure if anyone knows this little tidbit of information but could anyone tell me if the Xenomorph changes when in a state of suspended animation?
Ie, Encased in cement, or forced constraints hands,feet and head?

I am wondering about what would happen to the body of the Xenomorph in this state?

I imagine that it would develop further into (just my theory) an Ultra-morph.

There is a concept by Carlos Haunte the artist on the Prometheus/Covenant creature design where he talks about the Neomorph eventually becoming into the Ultramorph through one additional metamorphosis.
A state where eyes start to develop and ....would then " become intelligent and build architecture and art." -Carlos Haunte

it's hard exterior body would start to whiten.

I found Carlos's concept missing a step. How would such a creature develop architecture and art? I thought,well it would have to become human like thus making it possible for it to do what the engineers have done. So i thought,
from the Ultramorph, it's interior toxic acid for blood would become into a base gelatan substance and form another being inside, maybe into a proto-engineer humanoid form and then it's Ultramorph body would shed just like an insect does or how the chestburster becomes an adult.

I would like to see the next Alien film saga or tv series to be about this. To me this is intriguing.

What if colonists capture an Xenomorph by encasing it in concrete. Then little by little they cut the concrete to reveal only one side of the alien and they find it in a state of hibernation and in a n evolutionary state.
Removing an arm however they realize that it grows another arm back.
But the arm the detach starts to become another life-form, moving about and forming some sort of defensive flight mechanism.

They start to do this with every body part, isolating each limb only to find they have grown back and left the removed limb being capable of fighting for itself.

They eventually find the half encased body to have hardened into shedding form and become removable.This is when they find another being within. That being would be an humanoid engineer.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: acrediblesource on Apr 06, 2021, 06:44:46 PM

There is a concept by Carlos Haunte the artist on the Prometheus/Covenant creature design where he talks about the Neomorph eventually becoming into the Ultramorph through one additional metamorphosis.
A state where eyes start to develop and ....would then " become intelligent and build architecture and art." -Carlos Haunte

This part is just recycled from old Alien ideas.

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed! Those ideas kinda resemble the pre-Alien concept from 1979. One particular idea had the creature turning into a sentient being, killing Ripley and mimicking her voice to set course for the Earth.

It was part of Dan O'Bannon's original concept, where the killing machine was an adolescent state of an organism capable of building a pyramid. A temple of reproduction through the sacrifice. The Space Jockey was another victim as was the Snark / Leviathan crew.

I like to think about the Deacon, being a Neomorph-like organism with a somewhat special origin, capable of becoming a sentient life-form at some point. Even so, I like Carlos Huante's Ultramorph better. And yes, the artist seems to fantasize about the idea of ​​a sentient Alien. The first image below is concept art he did for Blomkamp's Alien 5.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah and considering the point of the Neomorph's to be the most bestial iteration it defeats the purpose to turn it into the most successful iteration in the way we think of intelligence.

Local Trouble

Having just been turned on to Blindsight by Peter Watts, the more I like the idea that the Aliens may be highly intelligent yet lack sapience.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 06, 2021, 07:41:49 PM
Having just been turned on to Blindsight by Peter Watts, the more I like the idea that the Aliens may be highly intelligent yet lack sapience.

Seems about right. Sentient and intelligent but not sapient.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I like to fantasize about the intelligence of the Alien, but the last thing I want is to see is my beloved Internecivus raptus becoming the aliens of ID4. Stunning creatures by the way, just not what I want for the Alien.

In fact, I don't really like the idea of ​​too many civilizations or sentient beings. Not even Lovecraft-style. That just Starwarizes my Alien in a gothic way.  :laugh:

But you guys seem to have read quality pieces of literature that can provide interesting insights into this discussion.  8)

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 06, 2021, 07:32:58 PM
Yeah and considering the point of the Neomorph's to be the most bestial iteration it defeats the purpose to turn it into the most successful iteration in the way we think of intelligence.

It undermines the Alien and it doesn't have any purpose.

BlueMarsalis79

I like them having sapience personally just without the drive to do anything much else than what they already do.

Immortan Jonesy

That sounds very alien. The human thinks of a civilization when it comes to sentient extraterrestrial beings, cos it is what humans do. But a sentient alien could be very different from anything on Earth.

BlueMarsalis79

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 06, 2021, 08:02:20 PM
I like them having sapience personally just without the drive to do anything much else than what they already do.

I dunno. The Queens at least are demonstrably sentient and possibly sapient, and I'd argue the rest of the adult forms are also sentient, but likely not sapient, although you could make a case that they're just very complex but entirely reactionary in nature, on the other hand.

kwisatz

No sapience makes sense.

I always suspected them of being climate refugees.

Local Trouble

[cancerblack]

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed