Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 79,156 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

At last, April solicitations are here!
Aliens: Dead Orbit #1 (of 4) - April 2016
Spoiler

QuoteJames Stokoe (W/A/Cover) and Geof Darrow (Variant cover)

On sale Apr 26

FC, 32 pages

$3.99

Miniseries

After a horrific accident strikes a space station, an engineering officer must use all available tools—a timer, utility kit, and his wits—to survive an attack from the deadliest creature known to man.

Orc Stain creator James Stokoe pens a thrilling and claustrophobic Aliens story: Dead Orbit!

On sale on Alien Day: 4/26/17!
[close]

Aliens: Defiance #12 - May 31
Spoiler

QuoteBrian Wood (W), Stephen Thompson (A), Dan Jackson (C), and Stephanie Hans (Cover)

On sale May 31

FC, 32 pages

$3.99

Ongoing

After her return to Earth, Zula Hendricks fully expects to answer for her defiance. But instead of military tribunals, what she experiences is a chilling look into the future of warfare, courtesy of Weyland-Yutani's R&D labs. Her mission may not be over just yet.

"Defiance . . . has the potential to be the new benchmark. Go get it."—Hulking Reviewer
[close]

Prometheus: Life and Death One-Shot - April 26
Spoiler

QuoteDan Abnett (W), Brian Albert Thies (A), Rain Beredo (C), David Palumbo (Cover), and Sachin Teng (Variant cover)

On sale Apr 26

FC, 48 pages

$5.99

One-shot

The surviving Colonial Marines on the planet LV-223 face a final battle with an injured and enraged Engineer—and, somewhere out in space, three trapped humans seek to change the course of the Engineer's ship . . . and possibly the history of humanity!

The final installment of the Life and Death saga!
[close]

HuDaFuK

Does that one-shot not get its own title, like Omega did?

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 25, 2017, 11:04:16 AM
Does that one-shot not get its own title, like Omega did?

I was wondering that. I assumed it was going to be called Omega like Fire and Stones Epilogue

426Buddy

Pretty sweet cover for Dead Orbit and Prometheus L&D.

It's too bad that the engineers  in L&D have been featured more on the covers than in the actual stories. Once again they are underutilized just like in F&S and  seem to serve no purpose other than to be a vague threat.

Ultramorph

I'm hoping Life and Dead ends with
Spoiler
Foster and company getting my control of the ship and going to Paradise, and that there's a sequel tying into Covenant.
[close]

Ultramorph

The May solicitations are up.
http://majorspoilers.com/2017/02/18/solicitations-dark-horse-comics-may-2017/
Predator: Hunters (May 3, 2017)
Spoiler

QuoteChris Warner (W), Francisco Ruiz Velasco (A/Variant cover), and Doug Wheatley (Cover)

On sale May 3
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

Space aliens have been coming to Earth for centuries—but not with any message of brotherhood or peace. They're here to hunt the toughest, most dangerous humans they can find. Only now their former prey have teamed up against them. Predators, watch your backs!

• Written by Predator comic series veteran Chris Warner!

• Art by Francisco Ruiz Velasco.

• Covers feature special metallic ink!
[close]

Aliens: Dead Orbit #2 (May 31, 2017)
Spoiler

QuoteJames Stokoe (W/A/Cover)

On sale May 31
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

Having narrowly escaped the deadly xenomorph, Wascylewski moves around the hold of the ship, wary of his terrifying pursuer. His reflexes are tested again—but this time, by a sudden, massive breach in the hull. Will he survive?

Orc Stain creator James Stokoe pens a thrilling and claustrophobic Aliens story: Dead Orbit!

• Look for the Alien: Covenant motion picture on May 19, 2017!
[close]

426Buddy

Lovin the art, especially that Dead Orbit cover! Pure awesome-sauce. :)

Russ840

Russ840

New solicits for Aliens: Dead Orbit #3 28th June and Predator: Hunters #2 7th June

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/30-288/Aliens-Dead-Orbit-3

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/30-554/Predator-Hunters-2

426Buddy

Great cover art on both

Russ840

I thought so.

I am really am looking forward to Dead Orbit

happypred

Hope it's relevant to the story

Love me some feral predators a la Predator Captive

Corporal Hicks

These look great. Really looking forward to seeing where both go.

Ben Brown

Godzilla: The Half-Century War was SO good, both from an art and story perspective. The fact that Stokoe did both has me SO psyched for Dead Orbit.

Russ840

Quote from: Fanboy Ben on Mar 23, 2017, 05:58:20 PM
Godzilla: The Half-Century War was SO good, both from an art and story perspective. The fact that Stokoe did both has me SO psyched for Dead Orbit.

I bought that when I found out about this title. Did my research. In total agreement dude. It was great.

I'm confident we will get a read Aliens Comic from him.

Ultramorph

Half Century War was great! I loved how it bridged all the different eras together.

Hoping Dead Orbit is great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed