What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 154,269 times)

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Bughunt on Aug 06, 2016, 01:04:39 PM
I saw prometheus, then my brother showed the part in Aliens during the hive ambush

Have you watched Alien and all of Aliens since? Watch them so you may complete your journey to the dark side.  :D

I first watched Alien in 1983 I believe it was, on a beta video, my dad would bring a movie or 2 every week, he was really into action movies like Conan with Arnie, Rambo, etc and horror movies..

He left the tape lying around the house so me and my older bros decided to watch it..I wasn't scared after watching the movie as much as I was creeped out especially from the beginning parts of the movie, I still remember the part where they're walking to the Derelict ship. I remember after watching it I had to get out of the house to get that eerie scenery out of my head.

Than after watching Aliens...I became a fan for life. I liked Aliens more for a while but became a hardcore Alien fan afterwards because of it having a more adventure and terror mood to it, which I like mire than action. Aliens has that too, just a bit less.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Dan Hedaya's performance in Alien Resurrection is what finally won me over and made me a big fan.

RasayaWong

RasayaWong

My fascination with the creatures from both films made me a fan, as well as Sigourney Weaver's portrayal of the Ripley character.

SamuelDL

SamuelDL

My love for Blade Runner and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, since Alien is a mixture of the two. And also that I have always been passionate about the monsters of the Universal and the slashers. The fantastic characters, in general. So I was destined to fall in love with Alien and Predator.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 17, 2016, 07:21:22 AM
My love for Blade Runner and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, since Alien is a mixture of the two. [...]
I don't see the see the correlation.  Please, open my eyes.

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

The Konami Aliens arcade game of all things.

Can't wait for NECA's set!

SamuelDL

SamuelDL

Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 17, 2016, 05:11:50 PM

My love for Blade Runner and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, since Alien is a mixture of the two. [...]

Alien is basically The Texas Chainsaw Massacre in space: a group of people who enter unknown territory and gradually are murdered by a monster (literal in one and metaphoric in another). Ridley Scott himself has recognized that the film was a direct influence. And what she has of Blade Runner is the cyberpunk essence: dirty and dystopic future with retrofuturist technology, where companies are the ones that control everything in the shadows. For me it's the perfect mix of both films.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: Lonely Universe on Nov 18, 2016, 12:51:06 AM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161118/639d31ef113774f798b5a3d253f4ce03.png

This is too cool!! Would love to have a mini arcade to put on my shelf as I actually like that game.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 18, 2016, 02:16:56 AM
Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 17, 2016, 05:11:50 PM

Alien is basically The Texas Chainsaw Massacre in space: a group of people who enter unknown territory and gradually are murdered by a monster (literal in one and metaphoric in another). Ridley Scott himself has recognized that the film was a direct influence. And what she has of Blade Runner is the cyberpunk essence: dirty and dystopic future with retrofuturist technology, where companies are the ones that control everything in the shadows. For me it's the perfect mix of both films.
Thanks! I can see that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Lonely Universe on Nov 18, 2016, 12:51:06 AM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161118/639d31ef113774f798b5a3d253f4ce03.png

Can't wait for NECA's set!

How long did it take you to see the films after playing that?

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2016, 06:34:33 PMHow long did it take you to see the films after playing that?
I was only 9 or 10 years old & didn't know they were movies consciously, but then dreamed of my mom taking me to the video store & finding them. I woke up seeming to remember the poster art being a real thing & the next time my mom took me to the video store I searched them out irl. I must have seen a trailer on TV or something & forgot until I played that arcade. Needless to say I was soooo happy.

I didn't know for sure that Alien & Aliens were a part of the same series so I played it safe & rented Aliens first, then Alien a little while later.

I already knew it was my favorite thing ever but when I happened across my first Aliens comic book the deal was sealed. I didn't think anything that cool could actually happen. It was the Simon Bisley one & my mom refused to buy it for me but I eventually found a copy. I've collected Alien stuff ever since.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Alien Resurrection made me a fan, although it wasn't the first Alien film I saw.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 20, 2016, 08:05:21 PM
Alien Resurrection made me a fan, although it wasn't the first Alien film I saw.

I remember that was the first Alien film I saw. I couldn't make much sense of it since I wasn't familiar with the source material but I do recall just loving all the guns and gore. Plus Ron Perlman made me laugh.

SamuelDL

SamuelDL

I would be willing to do hypnosis in order to forget Alien Resurrection. I think it's one of the worst sequels ever.

mokole

mokole

Probably the first two movies and the Kenner toys when i was a kid. I was watchin horror movies when I was 2. That sleek sexy reptilian bugness just stood out to me. Now I love Predator as well but I've always loved Aliens more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed