Predator Ultimate Hunter Edition Blu-Ray Discussion

Started by bleau, Apr 22, 2010, 05:46:35 AM

Author
Predator Ultimate Hunter Edition Blu-Ray Discussion (Read 64,810 times)

BANE

Don't listen to him OmegaZilla. He's spewing bullshit faster than a cows' ass after laxatives.

Corporal Hicks

I couldn't think of a reply to your post so I'm afraid a LOL will have to do. Fool.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

At first, I couldn't find any data on Rupert Murdoch saying anything about the Predator UHE. But at this statement

Quote from: Biolante on Sep 25, 2010, 03:44:24 PM
He's also the one who lathered Carl and Arnold's bodies with butter so they would look sexier for you guys.
I took on it was a load of bullshit... Didn't see BLAIN's post. Pal, yer' right.

Biolante

Biolante

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 26, 2010, 07:31:16 AM
At first, I couldn't find any data on Rupert Murdoch saying anything about the Predator UHE. But at this statement

He's also the one who lathered Carl and Arnold's bodies with butter so they would look sexier for you guys.
I took on it was a load of bullshit... Didn't see BLAIN's post. Pal, yer' right.

Good thing you did those hours of research to find out if Rupert Murdoch was personally involved with the remastering of this Bluray release including the air-brushing of Carl Weathers' mustache.  I think you have to look harder though, because it is certainly true.  By the way, can I have a chocolate from that box that's sitting next to you?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Because you good sir didn't give a shit about giving us a link.
If you did, we'd be done by now.

MrBrokenTusks.

BANE

Quote from: Biolante on Sep 26, 2010, 05:44:09 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 26, 2010, 07:31:16 AM

Good thing you did those hours of research to find out if Rupert Murdoch was personally involved with the remastering of this Bluray release including the air-brushing of Carl Weathers' mustache.  I think you have to look harder though, because it is certainly true.  By the way, can I have a chocolate from that box that's sitting next to you?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Thank you, now I'll chuckle randomly for the next few days.
You must tell me where in the world you found that.

AshleyJWilliamsIV

Too bad the Ultimate Hunter Edition doesn't retain the film grain. Only thing it has going for it are the extras and nothing else.
Hopefully I'll be banned too since I heavily prefer film grain over anything which looks like Avatar or Patton. Anyone ever watch the Blu-ray of DARK CITY or the USA release of Pan'S Labyrinth? Same thing happened with the Skynet Edition of Terminator 2.
http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/index.php?vergleich=predator_b1
For each image click on 1920x1080 Fullscreen Comparison. Yes i'm pro-film grain and anti-DNR.
This of course was shot on celluloid and not every movie should look the same to each other.
Original release for film grain retained image and UHE for extras.
Yep I expect a shitstorm. ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Last member was banned not because he expressed his opinion, but because he expressed it backing up his arguments with false data, and fundamentally, like an asshole.

AshleyJWilliamsIV

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Nov 28, 2010, 11:19:00 AM
Last member was banned not because he expressed his opinion, but because he expressed it backing up his arguments with false data, and fundamentally, like an asshole.
I can be an asshole too but I think in an entirely different way.
The UHE only has one new extra compared to the 2-Disc DVD. I'm just gonna go with the 2008 release. Maybe there'll be an exchange program where the image isn't plasticised and actually looks like film again. ;)

TJ Doc

Quote from: AshleyJWilliamsIV on Nov 28, 2010, 04:49:48 AM
http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/index.php?vergleich=predator_b1
For each image click on 1920x1080 Fullscreen Comparison.

I'd heard some horror stories about the close-ups during the opening scene, but I'd never actually realised how bad it would really look. Dillon looks like CGI, for chrissakes. :D

However, after looking at all the other image comparisons, the UH edition looks like a massive improvement. Details in the backgrounds are clearly ramped up, and it almost makes the older blu-ray appear to be of murky VHS-quality by comparison.

And I don't mind film grain in the slightest.

why is the last cap blue in the original BD and yellow in the UHE?

AshleyJWilliamsIV

Quote from: AvatarIII on Dec 02, 2010, 10:38:31 AM
why is the last cap blue in the original BD and yellow in the UHE?
No idea but maybe different tinting processes?
I'm just gonna buy the 2008 release and stick it with the 2-Disc DVD. Already gonna do the same for RoboCop and some other films where I'm not going to get rid of the DVDs.
Especially goes for RONIN.

Johnny Handsome

The UHE does have grain, it's just a very fine layer instead of the thick, blocky grain it was before, they not only removed that but also all the scratches and dirt on the master, with increasing detail. Watch it on your television and you'll see, it looks amazing. You can se all the sweat, pores on each actors face.

It looks like a brand new movie.

QuoteI'm just gonna buy the 2008 release and stick it with the 2-Disc DVD.

That's cool, we heard you and your opinion on the new blu-ray, get over it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed