Predator Ultimate Hunter Edition Blu-Ray Discussion

Started by bleau, Apr 22, 2010, 05:46:35 AM

Author
Predator Ultimate Hunter Edition Blu-Ray Discussion (Read 64,808 times)

any one wish they have waited for the "trilogy" pack? i am sure it will come out sooner or later.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

*shrugs* it would have all 3 blu-rays imho

Forever Knight

Quote from: DazAvP85 on Apr 22, 2010, 07:58:25 PM
I like the artwork! I wonder what's up with this "Extended Edition" label the Canadian Amazon site are giving it? I didn't think there was any real extra footage they could use (judging by the deleted scenes on the DVD)?

I got the Canadian edition and there was no new footage from what I saw. Same for P2.

Corporal Hicks

I was in Asda yesterday and I noticed a new Predator DVD. It looks like a basic DVD with commentary and whatnot but with the new Blu-Ray cover. Was £3.

Stalker

I finally managed to track down the Ultimate Hunter Blu ray today, I'm very happy about that. Can't wait to watch it & see the difference between this & the normal Blu ray version.

Forever Knight

What differences did they say there were between the two?.

Vulhala

I finally had the chance to watch the Hunters Edition last night, and I have to say it look incredible. Aside from the one scene with Dillon at the beginning which everyone talks about (which wasn't even really that bad by the way) the transfer is superb. The film looked awesome.

And as much as I hate P2, I watched that aswell and the picture was really good. Could have been better in places, but it was definately much better than DVD. Sound was awesome.

Forever Knight

The only bad thing about Blu-ray/HD is nitpicking DVD/Standard Def. afterwards lol.

MrBrokenTusks.

OK does anyone know if it has a slipcase? Someone has just bought me this and I am getting this in a few hours? I am wanting Vulvuhla to answer though since we both have the same version (we are both in uk), and does predator 2 blu-ray have a slipcase? Cause if one does and the other doesn't my ocd will make me take of the slipcase. Unless they both have it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Best Buy exclusive has slipcase, but it is a duo pack with P2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ5i78Ihmi4

harsh

Quote from: 85 on Jul 30, 2010, 02:28:53 AM
any one wish they have waited for the "trilogy" pack? i am sure it will come out sooner or later.

TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forever Knight

First Blood

Quote from: 85 on Aug 17, 2010, 10:19:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ5i78Ihmi4

harsh

Is this guy high? They only looked waxy in two scenes out of the whole movie.

Bakurenoh

Bakurenoh

Finaly got around to watching the new Predator Hunter Edition Blu-ray.

Its well worth buying it again if you already have the previous version, Sell it on ebay or whatever.

The sound is MUCH better i had to turn my speakers down during gun fighting scenes. The picture is much better. Its not crystal clear as its still 23 years old but its still clear enough that Arnys 1 long right ear hair kept annoying me.

The title screen menu is decent too. Nice BGM and a slightly faded out compilation video in the background are good enough. Its not the easiest way to navigate in the special features but the fact there is alot of special features makes up for it.

One deleted scene that i think could of benefitted the movie was during the scene where Dutch is running through the forest shortly after being shot in the shoulder (after Billys death). Dutch is running away and hides in some forestry and he notices he is covered in spiders but he doesnt want to move to catch attention. Then we see Predators tri laser on the back of Dutch's head but because Dutch doesnt realise Pred decides to move the sights onto the tree in front of him and shoots the tree.

Id of loved that scene to of been in the movie to show some more of the "playing".

Sharp Sticks

Those clips were badass, but putting them back in would screw up the pacing of Dutch's run and fall into the river. The pacing in that scene is perfect, anything more wouldn't work.

Not that those scenes weren't really interesting. I like to acknowledge them as peripheral events.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed