Predator Ultimate Hunter Edition Blu-Ray Discussion

Started by bleau, Apr 22, 2010, 05:46:35 AM

Author
Predator Ultimate Hunter Edition Blu-Ray Discussion (Read 64,621 times)

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: Dino21AvP on Apr 25, 2010, 05:52:28 AM
Like I said earlier I don't really like the cover, I personally think it would look much better if the Predator had the mask on...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/DINO21AvP/PredatorBluRay.png

Here's a quick photoshop with the mask, it looks so much better IMO.

That is a huge improvement.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Predator-Blu-ray-Review/11375/

You can now pre-order it, it's called Predator - Ultimate Hunter Edition

Release: June 29th.

EDIT: US will also get the Jap cover

http://www.dvd-store.it//DVD/Blu-Ray/ID-29232/Predator-Ultimate-Hunter-Edition.aspx

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Nice find, thanks. Any news regarding the UK? I hope it comes in a slip-case!

bleau

It even comes with movie money. Here is some extras
2-disc set packed with over 5 hours of out-of-this-world extras, including an in-depth documentary, director's commentary, never-before-seen bonus footage, revealing featurettes and more"

I am curious about the never before seen footage.

Johnny Handsome

They always say that^^

The extras will be the same as on the DVD, i bet they will.

bleau

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 08, 2010, 01:29:40 PM
They always say that^^

The extras will be the same as on the DVD, i bet they will.

Yeah I looked on amazon and the same exact description is listed on the DVD, word for word. If there is no improvements on picture, then I will try to pass.

Sol

The cover is beyond epic. I've never seen that shot/art of Anytime. Could it be the fabled "Anytime-like" Pred from the upcoming Predators? I wonder...

Also, Pre-Ordered.

MadassAlex

The issue I have with the cover in general is that it says "THIS IS FOR PREDATOR FANS AND NOT FOR THE GENERAL VIEWING PUBLIC". Believe it or not, not everyone knows what a Predator looks like. There's room for the reveal.

And that's a major part of the film as it leads up to the finale. Especially as the creature gets revealed slowly, and you only see it properly shortly before everything goes to hell and Dutch is the only one left. Then the bigger reveal happens -- the removal of the mask.

That cover really violates all that. Sure, it's cool from the perspective of someone familiar with it all, but I think it's an awful decision from a narrative perspective. The masked one is a fair bit better, but a better cover would just be Arnie, partially covered in darkness, with the three-dot laser painted on him.

Sol

The film is 23 years old, and has been released with zero spoilers on the cover for every major media platform since then the late 1980's.

Who f**king cares.

MadassAlex

Someone who hasn't seen the film before, duh.

It being 23 years old really just supports my point; there's so little awareness of the Predator monster that the reveal is likely a surprise to many people. Having a spoilerific case might've been more appropriate five to ten years after release, but almost twenty-five years later, this film is as mysterious as it could ever be insofar as we're talking post-release.

Johnny Handsome

War Wager

The Hot Toy's figure?

XenoVC

Quote from: War Wager on May 11, 2010, 06:55:05 PM
The Hot Toy's figure?

Who cares?No one is going to notice that besides us,plus it looks teh awesome anyway.

Love it,Johnny.

RidgeTop

Keyes

That's cool, but I would of still had Arnie on the cover like the Jap release.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed