Crappy Shark Movies

Started by The Runner, Jul 21, 2015, 11:46:22 PM

Author
Crappy Shark Movies (Read 3,335 times)

The Runner

The Runner

Anyone else enjoying the Shark fest that is on Syfy channel? I'm pumped for the third installment of Sharknado tomorrow!

Also, does anyone else think that the Jaws movies and the Syfy channel killer shark/animals could take place in a single shared universe? Sort of like a Pixar Theory of sorts?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I watched Swamp Shark the other night. Too bad Ghost Shark was on a bit too late to watch.  :laugh:

The Runner

The Runner

How dare you miss that cinematic masterpiece!

The latest sharknado....
Spoiler
I knew there would be another one....also.....a kid being born inside a shark.  :-X
[close]

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

This is a trick question right. I mean there's basically JAWS and shit, that's it. Well then again I liked Deep Blue Sea and the idea of JAWS 3. Still the worse one has to be ghost shark, that was stupid even for asylum/syfy. I mean for f**ks sake they used Jaws 3 3D footage in the damn thing.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 23, 2015, 06:14:37 AM
This is a trick question right. I mean there's basically JAWS and shit, that's it. Well then again I liked Deep Blue Sea and the idea of JAWS 3. Still the worse one has to be ghost shark, that was stupid even for asylum/syfy. I mean for f**ks sake they used Jaws 3 3D footage in the damn thing.
wut m8?

Ghost Shark was a cinematic masterpiece. You could feel the terror of this scene and the helplessness of the human stay puff marshmellow boy as he is dragged away by the undead phantom itself!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_ud8PTQq3I

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 23, 2015, 06:14:37 AM
This is a trick question right. I mean there's basically JAWS and shit, that's it.

I was pleasantly surprised by 'The Reef'. Manages to project a genuinely unnerving atmosphere. Probably the most realistic shark attacks I've seen on screen.

Typically, Great Whites are meant to charge from below, I think, but that's about the only obvious thing I found possibly wrong with it.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I didn't see The Reef but the trailer doesn't bode well. While we're at crappy shark movies how about them last few years of shit week er I meant shark week. Talk about crappy shark-cumentaries. These are way worse because they actually once had credibility and they were trying to pass fictional tales as fact. Disgusting.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Oh my god SHARKNADO THE WORST :o  anyone disagree

The Runner

The Runner

Robo Shark is on right now. It references robo croc! Shared universes indeed! :D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 23, 2015, 09:06:34 PM
I didn't see The Reef but the trailer doesn't bode well. While we're at crappy shark movies how about them last few years of shit week er I meant shark week. Talk about crappy shark-cumentaries. These are way worse because they actually once had credibility and they were trying to pass fictional tales as fact. Disgusting.

If you mean the megalodon dramatised documentary thing? There was no way anyone could mistake it for being real. It's obviously dramatised. The acting was very over-the-top. I don't know why anyone complained about it.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 24, 2015, 07:37:39 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 23, 2015, 09:06:34 PM

If yoou mean the megalodon dramatised documentary thing? There was no way anyone could mistake it for being real. It's obviously dramatised. The acting was very over-the-top. I don't know why anyone complained about it.
Because "kids" watch it and most don't over think the facts presented. Most adults too and no, it was marketed as a reenacted factual documentary. Only at the end did they put in that little disclaimer. It's not just that, nothing is science based, nothing is learned. They just run anyones theories no matter had ridiculous they are. Then there is that air jaws stuff and red neck shark hunt where all we do it watch sharks attack surfboards and red necks act dumb. There was a time when you could learn a lot of things watching shark week and not all just about sharks. Yea I know that time sailed a long time ago.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Here in the UK it wasn't. I could be wrong, but I think there was an introductory cast list at the beginning, too.

In any case, I don't believe you could seriously watch it and not realise it was dramatised. Was way too obvious.

Wasn't any different to stuff like those Nigel Marven-presented things about travelling through time to get specimens for a fictional dinosaur zoo.

ace3g

ace3g

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed