Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 317,834 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yes, Caprica is a sequel, but I always recommend people to watch it after they watch BSG.

And, I think I just watched that SG-U trailer 3 times in a row.

Rush looks like he's gonna be my favorite character.  :)
I've always had a thing for the conflicted..

Spoiler

The fact that James Callis never got nominated for an Emmy/Golden Globe makes me want to throw up. ANY of Galactica's cast. In my opinion it is the best cast on TV along with Breaking Bad.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Keg on Nov 21, 2010, 01:26:58 AM
wow Stargate Universe looks awesome. I watched the first 3 episodes and couldnt get into it. Its fair to ask that it gets better then because i might have to go back to it after watching that trailer?

It does get better. The thing about any new show is it takes time for the characters to form their personalities, enemies and friends. Once that's established the show gets going and starts running on all cylinders.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 21, 2010, 01:27:14 AM
And, I think I just watched that SG-U trailer 3 times in a row.

Rush looks like he's gonna be my favorite character.  :)
I've always had a thing for the conflicted..

Season 2 has been really good so far.

And Rush is a heavily conflicted character. He's always butting heads with Young (the military leader of the ship) and there's a great episode in Season 1...regarding his wife and their relationship.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 21, 2010, 01:35:17 AM
The thing about any new show is it takes time for the characters to form their personalities, enemies and friends. Once that's established the show gets going and starts running on all cylinders.
Surprisingly enough, it took Dexter until the episode "Circle of Friends" (Season 1, Episode 7) to really fall in love with it. I still think that is one of the greatest endings to any episode of a TV show ever (not including finales), and it brought so much energy to the show. And in case you're wondering, the ending was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYNzht4h0-k#ws

The line and the reason for the smile made me literally clap. It was the moment the screen went black that I knew I absolutely loved the show.

I still think the best ending of any single episode is "Blood on the Scales" from Battlestar Galactica, Season 4. I had no words after that ending; it was one of the most shocking, brilliant, and tragic moments from the whole show.

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

For the moment my favorite tv serie is Human Target.

-alienhunter14

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 21, 2010, 01:52:44 AMSurprisingly enough, it took Dexter until the episode "Circle of Friends" (Season 1, Episode 7) to really fall in love with it. I still think that is one of the greatest endings to any episode of a TV show ever (not including finales), and it brought so much energy to the show. And in case you're wondering, the ending was this:

The line and the reason for the smile made me literally clap. It was the moment the screen went black that I knew I absolutely loved the show.

My own favorite ending from Dexter would be...

Spoiler

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 21, 2010, 07:29:53 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 21, 2010, 01:52:44 AMSurprisingly enough, it took Dexter until the episode "Circle of Friends" (Season 1, Episode 7) to really fall in love with it. I still think that is one of the greatest endings to any episode of a TV show ever (not including finales), and it brought so much energy to the show. And in case you're wondering, the ending was this:

My own favorite ending from Dexter would be...

Spoiler
Jesus Christ, that was just as intense as the first time I saw it!!
I'd have to put that one up there with the end of Circle of Friends.

DragonBossk

DragonBossk

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 21, 2010, 01:35:17 AM

Season 2 has been really good so far.

And Rush is a heavily conflicted character. He's always butting heads with Young (the military leader of the ship) and there's a great episode in Season 1...regarding his wife and their relationship.

I agree that season 2 of SGU has really picked up the pace when it comes to character arcs and plot elements and I actually look forward to it now, even though SG1 and Atlantis were still better in my opinion.

24 was my favourite show till it ended, now Mad Men is the one that keeps me engrossed in front of the TV.

When it comes to TV I dislike but still watch, Clone Wars takes the cake. Some of those episodes make me want to puke and close my eyes they are that bad (close to the Holiday Special). Not good at all for star wars fans, hopefully The Old Republic will offer some redemption.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

At the moment:

Dexter
Mad Men (can't believe I missed this show for 4 years!)
The Walking Dead

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Nov 24, 2010, 06:08:26 AM
Mad Men (can't believe I missed this show for 4 years!)
I just got two episodes in- it's awesome. And I only just started it.  :D

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

It gets even better. And the acting...oh my the acting. Jon Hamm's performance is amazing.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

You watch Breaking Bad? If not, that one of the AMC trio that you're missing out on; it's pants-shittingly good.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Gonna start soon after I finish season 4 of Mad Men, watched the pilot, was great.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 24, 2010, 06:52:54 AM
You watch Breaking Bad? If not, that one of the AMC trio that you're missing out on; it's pants-shittingly good.

Isn't Dean Norris (Twitchell from Tremros) in that?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

He most certainly is. And he's awesome.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Typing of Breaking Bad, I just finished another episode.

Spoiler
White blew up a floor of a building! I love it when he takes things into his own hands. ;D

Dwayne T. Robinson would be pissed.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed