Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 317,796 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Preacher is one of my favorite comics ever. The first season was enjoyable but the second season lost my interest. They were promising a road trip like season but actually sat in a dirty apartment for 9 episodes. It is just too different from the comic.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 31, 2018, 08:17:25 AM
Any love for Miami Vice? Been planning to rewatch some episodes.
It is a number one of mine and Don Johnson's character is still the coolest one of any characters ever. Too bad Universal Studios botched the job with Blu Ray material and provided it this way to US and European publishers.

Number two of my favourite TV Shows is taken by Robin of Sherwood (1984-1986) broadcasted in US as Robin Hood.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: molasar on Aug 04, 2018, 11:55:25 PMIt is a number one of mine and Don Johnson's character is still the coolest one of any characters ever.

Yeah, DJ was a boss in that show. Even in the slightly silly plot arc where he gets amnesia and actually becomes a drug dealer, his performance as a villain was so freaking awesome he completely sold it to me.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Was the from the season that had aliens in it? ;D BTW, I've not seen a lot of Vice, but I own the first season on DVD.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Lol it started with the final episode of that season and continued over the first few of the last. As dumb as it is on paper, it turned out to be really well done.

That one with the alien (played by James Brown!) would be what I was referring to when I said "I'll be the first to admit some of the episodes were complete shite" :P

Ingwar

Ingwar

True Detective (Season 1), The Expanse, Stranger Things and Black Mirror.

Planning to watch The Terror.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 06, 2018, 11:29:08 AM
Quote from: molasar on Aug 04, 2018, 11:55:25 PMIt is a number one of mine and Don Johnson's character is still the coolest one of any characters ever.

Yeah, DJ was a boss in that show. Even in the slightly silly plot arc where he gets amnesia and actually becomes a drug dealer, his performance as a villain was so freaking awesome he completely sold it to me.
Great compilation of his scenes as Burnett with some awesome synth:

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 14, 2018, 03:40:29 PM
True Detective (Season 1), The Expanse, Stranger Things and Black Mirror.

Planning to watch The Terror.

Great selection.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Watching Narcos and El Chapo lately...I usually don't watch crime shows but damn these 2 are well acted and filmed....very addictive shows.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Watching Fauda with my wife, and we both love it. One of the best series I've ever seen. Very intense.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4565380/

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

BoJack Horseman, just ended season 4. It felt a bit messy compared to the first three but still delivered some clever ideas imo. I enjoyed the more light-hearted approach this time. Can't wait to watch season 5.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Not sure I'd call it light-hearted, but the episodes exploring Beatrice Horseman's earlier life are some of the show's absolute best points in my opinion. Time's Arrow in particular is heartbreaking.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

I agree! Was really interesting to see the effects of different kinds of abuse, not just the physical kind. And I mean light-hearted as in comparison to season 3, which was darker, at least how I remember it. Not sure when I'll get by to watching season 5 though, I tend to binge the entire season in one sitting when I start :D

ace3g

ace3g

The Old One

The Old One

Batman TAS.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed