Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 317,755 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Aspie on Apr 09, 2014, 02:07:51 AM
I'd consider that deal.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 09, 2014, 02:08:17 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 09, 2014, 02:06:11 AM
How about you watch what's left of AoS if NA watches some Hannibal?

I do plan to watch that over the summer, actually.

That is my design.

Rong

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Rong on Apr 09, 2014, 02:34:36 AM
Quote from: Aspie on Apr 09, 2014, 02:04:33 AM
NA lol

On par with the films :-*

MFW

Well yeah, if you don't like the movies then the show is guaranteed be shit to you :P

Rong

Rong

Guardians betta be gewd NA or i will loose it.   :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

It's filled to the brim with James Gunn, 50s sci-fi, and a talking raccoon. It's gonna be gewd. 8)

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Rong on Apr 09, 2014, 02:34:36 AM
Quote from: Aspie on Apr 09, 2014, 02:04:33 AM
NA lol

On par with the films :-*

MFW

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT GIF MIMICED MY INITIAL REACTION PERFECTLY

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

:-*

Aspie

Aspie

I know you don't even believe any of this.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I wouldn't call the Marvel movies pieces of art or anything, and they aren't the most original or creative movies or anything like that, but damn it they're insanely fun if you're into that kind of thing and I'm a sucker for the world building :P

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 09, 2014, 03:09:12 AM
I'm a sucker

ooooooooohhhhhhh okay nvm  :-*

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 09, 2014, 03:09:12 AM
I wouldn't call the Marvel movies pieces of art or anything, and they aren't the most original or creative movies or anything like that, but damn it they're insanely fun if you're into that kind of thing and I'm a sucker for the world building :P

Can appreciate the world building definitely, just the tone turns me off sometimes, there just more than a bit forgettable.
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 09, 2014, 02:54:37 AM
It's filled to the brim with James Gunn, 50s sci-fi, and a talking raccoon. It's gonna be gewd. 8)

I'm hoping they go all out with it.   

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 09, 2014, 01:48:33 AM
While I have enjoyed the show from day one, I finally feel 100% comfortable listing it among my favorite television shows after tonight's episode.

Welcome to the list, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 8)

So it's good then? I heard mixed things about it which is why I never bothered with it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Rong on Apr 09, 2014, 04:58:47 AM
Can appreciate the world building definitely, just the tone turns me off sometimes, there just more than a bit forgettable.

See, I happen to love the tone of the movies. Not too serious, but fun and able to deal with some relevant themes in easily accessible ways. But if that style just doesn't do it for you then it's perfectly understandable that you're not going to get into the films.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 09, 2014, 11:34:39 AM
So it's good then? I heard mixed things about it which is why I never bothered with it.

I'd say give it a try and decide for yourself. The first few episodes aren't as strong as some of the more recent ones (and most people that hate it are people that gave up on the show after only a few episodes), but I found it to be really fun all along and the most recent episodes have been pretty damn great if you're into this kind of thing. The fallout from Captain America: The Winter Soldier was dealt with extremely well in last night's episode.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 09, 2014, 12:11:05 PM
Quote from: Rong on Apr 09, 2014, 04:58:47 AM

See, I happen to love the tone of the movies. Not too serious, but fun and able to deal with some relevant themes in easily accessible ways. But if that style just doesn't do it for you then it's perfectly understandable that you're not going to get into the films.

I'm guessing Rong just has issues with anything that chooses to be light hearted and fun instead of bleak and nihilistic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed