Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 317,777 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ One of, if not THE, greatest written TV series ever.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 13, 2014, 05:06:49 AM
Yep, Breaking Bad has me crazy hooked. It's quite... 8) ...addictive.

It's like crack. You won't be able to stop. It really is the greatest TV show ever.

Rong

Rong

Im putting True detective in my top 5 of all series, such an amazing show, absolutely zero filler (think kill la kill without the Hectic pacing), full of allegories and visual motifs (right down my alley), tight writing, engaging believable dialogue, amazing acting, and it's probably the best shot tv show ever, it rivals the best films, if it doesn't win an Emmy I'll be pissed, also the awesome soundtrack by T Bone Burnet.

I don't rewatch TV series all that often, but I think I'll be sitting through this one again this weekend.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Rong on Mar 13, 2014, 11:48:46 AM
Im putting True detective in my top 5 of all series, such an amazing show, absolutely zero filler (think kill la kill without the Hectic pacing), full of allegories and visual motifs (right down my alley), tight writing, engaging believable dialogue, amazing acting, and it's probably the best shot tv show ever, it rivals the best films, if it doesn't win an Emmy I'll be pissed, also the awesome soundtrack by T Bone Burnet.

I don't rewatch TV series all that often, but I think I'll be sitting through this one again this weekend.

Yeah, I think I'll be giving all the episodes another watch, too.

judge death

judge death

Married with children
Firefly
Sarah connor chronicles
Xena
Transformers G1 if that counts?

Sabby

Sabby

Millenium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URBcmlVhkHs#ws

Underrated as f**k and brutal as hell.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I have the entire series on DVD, should get back on that.

Sabby

Sabby

I gotta say I preferred the first season. The paranormal elements were so subtle and underplayed. It gave you just barely enough info to know that something was at work, but whether it was an Angel, a Demon, or some natural element of reality beyond our understanding. It was really foreboding and mysterious, without creating a huge hole in the story and saying 'ooh, interpret this guys'.

I also really adore the main character. He is one of the most believable and emotionally balanced badasses I've seen in a show. These days all we get are big loud brutes like Commander Shepherd :/

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

While I have enjoyed the show from day one, I finally feel 100% comfortable listing it among my favorite television shows after tonight's episode.

Welcome to the list, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 8)

Aspie

Aspie

lol NA

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Maybe if you kept watching beyond episode 3 or 4 or whenever you gave up on it. :-*

Aspie

Aspie

NA lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

How about you watch what's left of AoS if NA watches some Hannibal?

Aspie

Aspie

I'd consider that deal.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Aspie on Apr 09, 2014, 02:04:33 AM
NA lol

On par with the films :-*

If you don't like Marvel's movies then yeah, I totally understand now liking the show. If you enjoy the films and are invested in the universe, however, I really see no reason to not give it a chance. Especially now.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 09, 2014, 02:06:11 AM
How about you watch what's left of AoS if NA watches some Hannibal?

I do plan to watch that over the summer, actually.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed