Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 317,839 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Thinking back to shows I used to watch as a kid, I was a Buffy fan. Sarah Michelle Gellar was hot of course but the showed I genuinely enjoyed.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 09, 2013, 05:04:52 AM
Thinking back to shows I used to watch as a kid, I was a Buffy fan. Sarah Michelle Gellar was hot of course but the showed I genuinely enjoyed.

I still think of that as one of the three best shows of all time, alongside The Wire and The Sopranos. They form kind of a triumverate - The Sopranos combines gritty naturalism with a layer of subtext and deeper interpretation, The Wire is virtually all realism, and Buffy is almost entirely metaphor for its first couple of seasons.

But yeah, it's very smart, very watchable, funny, sexy and generally brilliant. Lots of constantly developing characters and long-term writing. I do feel they let it slip starting from the finale of the penultimate season though, and that last year I didn't enjoy much at all. Probably a symptom of Joss Whedon splitting his time between so many different shows at that point, but at least Jane Espenson's episodes remained bright points.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Favorite TV series of this year:

Arrow
Beware the Batman
Futurama
Luther
Primeval: New World
Suits
Supernatural
The Simpsons
Transformers: Prime

Most of the series listed above are either coming to an end or have been cancelled this year. It's a real shame as I was really forward to a second series of Primeval: New World. The CGI was amazing for a TV series.

Transformers: Prime was great whilst it lasted and while it still hasn't quite reached its end, it will be sad to see it go. Though I think Beware the Batman will be a suitable substitute. It's really starting to grow on me.

Suits is by far the best TV series I've ever seen. The third season has kicked off to a great start.

Bloodee Jacob

Bloodee Jacob

The Walking Dead ends up being my favorite show I follow, with the Syfy U.S. version of Being Human not too far behind and Dexter only a little bit after that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 09, 2013, 06:52:53 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 09, 2013, 05:04:52 AM

I still think of that as one of the three best shows of all time, alongside The Wire and The Sopranos. They form kind of a triumverate - The Sopranos combines gritty naturalism with a layer of subtext and deeper interpretation, The Wire is virtually all realism, and Buffy is almost entirely metaphor for its first couple of seasons.

But yeah, it's very smart, very watchable, funny, sexy and generally brilliant. Lots of constantly developing characters and long-term writing. I do feel they let it slip starting from the finale of the penultimate season though, and that last year I didn't enjoy much at all. Probably a symptom of Joss Whedon splitting his time between so many different shows at that point, but at least Jane Espenson's episodes remained bright points.

I was at a friend's house a few weeks ago and she was watching the Buffy musical episode which I found funny. It wasn't bad but to hear everyone singing rather than kicking ass and taking names was different.

Rong

Rong

Jeremiah
Cowboy bebop
Girls
Deadwood
Farscape
The Newsroom
Misfits
The Sopranos
Adventure Time
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Babylon 5
Rome
Game of thrones
Bobs Burgers
Deepspace 9
Black mirror
Macross

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Not all time, but current watchers on TV:

Breaking Bad (we are getting closer to the final new season!!!!)
Mountain Men
Ice Road Truckers
Restaurant Impossible
The Powerpuff Girls
Futurama
WWE RAW (bc I need a laugh every now and then ;) )
The Simpsons
Gold Rush: South America (preview was good, season officially starts Friday)

First Blood

First Blood

Strike Back Season Three is shaping up nicely, eh coolbreeze?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbOvCqPk2NU#ws

Shits unreal. Particularly the guest stars. Liam Cunningham, Iain Glen, Charles Dance and Richard Armitage.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

For me, in no particular order:

The Walking Dead
LOST
Survivor
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
School Rumble
American Horror Story
The Twilight Zone
Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction
Scare Tactics

And I have a feeling Neon Genesis Evangelion will be added to this list once I start watching it.  8)

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: First Blood on Jul 30, 2013, 02:34:24 AM

Shits unreal. Particularly the guest stars. Liam Cunningham, Iain Glen, Charles Dance and Richard Armitage.

You mean I'm not the only one who watches Strike Back?

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I've really come to like the Disney Channel cartoon Gravity Falls recently. Now I know, most of the stuff that Disney Channel spits out is shit, but Gravity Falls is worth at least one shot.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

H2O  :-[

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Amaterasu on Aug 16, 2013, 05:57:09 AM

You mean I'm not the only one who watches Strike Back? http://r15.imgfast.net/users/1516/36/79/76/smiles/3672425788.gif

Nope!  ;)

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: coolbreeze on Aug 28, 2013, 04:46:43 AM
Quote from: Amaterasu on Aug 16, 2013, 05:57:09 AM

You mean I'm not the only one who watches Strike Back? http://r15.imgfast.net/users/1516/36/79/76/smiles/3672425788.gif

Nope!  ;)

YEEEE. It's awesome.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Battlestar Galactica
Firefly
Game of Thrones
Lost
Supernatural
Tremors: The Series
The Walking Dead

Looking forward to the premiere of Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., and I am planning on checking out Breaking Bad as soon as I can.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed