Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 317,749 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hubbs on May 13, 2013, 03:25:45 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 13, 2013, 03:19:31 AM
The Office sucked as soon as the U.S. version was announced. It will never best the U.K. version.

Oh I agree there but season 2/3 of the US show was for me its peak of brilliance. After that it just went on for too long and became a farce with episodes about nothing basically.

A different kind of humour though, UK was more subtle with realism and embarrassment. US was a more in your face and spoof-like but still cringeworthy at the same time in places.

Well when Steve Carrell left, that was the end. Can you imagine if Ricky Gervais had left The Office entirely? It wouldn't have gone anywhere.

ace3g

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 13, 2013, 08:15:59 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on May 13, 2013, 03:25:45 PM
The Office sucked as soon as the U.S. version was announced. It will never best the U.K. version.

Oh I agree there but season 2/3 of the US show was for me its peak of brilliance. After that it just went on for too long and became a farce with episodes about nothing basically.

A different kind of humour though, UK was more subtle with realism and embarrassment. US was a more in your face and spoof-like but still cringeworthy at the same time in places.

Well when Steve Carrell left, that was the end. Can you imagine if Ricky Gervais had left The Office entirely? It wouldn't have gone anywhere.

Again I agree, the series went down hill but not entirely, Dwight still managed to keep things fun from time to time.

Did you know about the cameo from Gervais? at one point I thought he was gonna be the new boss of the American series, now that would of been sweet :) The episode where he was interviewing for the job was fantastic...even though it was a video application and very short.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Seriously? Which episode was that?

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 14, 2013, 03:58:40 AM
Seriously? Which episode was that?

Hmmm tricky, not so long ago, about series 7 or 8, series 9 is the last. Its only a short cameo but funny.

ace3g

DoomRulz

Hubbs

Hubbs

Hehe there's more too, in one episode when they are interviewing for Scott's replacement, Brent sends in his video CV or application which is even shorter but possibly funnier ;)

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

I will never and I mean NEVER understand why people like that piece of shit. U cant understand ANYTHING anyone is saying. Gareth is just an ugly guy with no character, not the insane, competitive wreck of awesomeness that our Dwight is. While Brent is funny (when I can understand him) he's got NOTHING on Michael Scott's brilliance. Most of the cast is just there.

The Office is my second favorite show, and while season 2 - 4 were it's peak, it's miles above the original. It took a good idea and made it better.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Sexy Poot on May 17, 2013, 12:30:10 PMU cant understand ANYTHING anyone is saying.

:laugh:

TROUSERS. CRISPS. PACKET OF FAGS. MOIST FANNY. HOW'S YOUR FATHER. AMERICAN FOOTBALL.
Ahhh, that felt good.

In all seriousness though, I've always hated The Office and can't stand Ricky Gervais.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Sexy Poot on May 17, 2013, 12:30:10 PM

I will never and I mean NEVER understand why people like that piece of shit. U cant understand ANYTHING anyone is saying. Gareth is just an ugly guy with no character, not the insane, competitive wreck of awesomeness that our Dwight is. While Brent is funny (when I can understand him) he's got NOTHING on Michael Scott's brilliance. Most of the cast is just there.

The Office is my second favorite show, and while season 2 - 4 were it's peak, it's miles above the original. It took a good idea and made it better.

Oh my...any English fans see this and....hello??

To be honest...are you an American? cos if you are that will pretty much sum up why you hate the original. Plus as I said the British version is a much different comedy style than the US. The British is...dare I say more sophisticated really, the comedy is much more subtle, realistic, sharper, awkward and incredibly embarrassing to native UK viewers, especially those with office experience.

The US show is a more in your face, spoof-like, loud, brash, movie-esque approach that we see in US films more often. All the cast in the US show are great, I especially love 'Creed' and of course 'Dwight' and 'Scott' but you really can't compare the two because both shows are VASTLY different.

I know it doesn't seem like it but they are, many UK fans hate the US show because they think its dumb so...

It depends where you are with you're life/work experiences.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Meh, I just watched it and liked it. I guess I just had an open mind about it; and I'm Canadian.

BANE

BANE

Canada: Halfway between British and American.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Well that's that for 'The Office'. Such a shame that both the finale and the special were pretty poor frankly. The special could of been longer and had more interviews with more of the cast, outtakes, insights, general making of etc...it was really weak, not even much on the Scranton parade thingy.

As for the final show it was terrible! not remotely funny, everyone kept choking up and crying ::) I mean come on! lets at least keep the characters shit together for the plot. It just felt like a wishy washy excuse for everyone to say goodbye with pointless aimless nonsense. Lots of pointless cameos and Carell turns up for no reason other than to show his face, hardly any dialog  :-\ waste.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

I thought the finale was great. Yeah it was more drama based but the whole last season was. Seeing Scott, who is one of my personal heroes, return was awesome. Him being gone for 2 years and returning looking like he aged 15 years was weird but him having a family made the whole episode worth it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed