James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy

Started by Darkoo, Jul 18, 2007, 04:12:35 PM

Author
James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy (Read 714,744 times)

First Blood

First Blood

:D

Well said, good sir!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Keg on Apr 21, 2010, 07:41:41 PM
Sorry to bing it up again but he even came across as a dick at the end of that. It was as if he thought Alice, Clash etc had no right to take away "his" 3D screenings.

I noticed that too. Meh, big ego is big.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Wait, you're faulting him for resenting the fact that movies that didn't do 3D the right way, pushed his movie out of theaters?

Pfffftt   lolololololololol

Keg

Keg

No im faulting him for acting like a spoiled child who thinks the whole movie business should revolve around him and for suggesting he should have priority over others.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I remember being like that; I believe I was 5.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Quote from: Keg on Apr 21, 2010, 09:28:35 PM
No im faulting him for acting like a spoiled child who thinks the whole movie business should revolve around him and for suggesting he should have priority over others.

Why shouldn't he?

You don't make money by being a nice guy. This thread reeks of naivety.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Bill Gates: former richest man in the world. He gives all of his profits to charity. All of them.

Keg

Keg

Thats exactly the way he comes across. A huffy child. In Camerons case....... Waaaah I want my toy back, I dont want to let my brother have a turn......has become Waaaah theyve taken my film off to let OTHERS have their turn.

It made over a Billion dollars, its going to have 2 seperate DVD/Blu Ray releases and its going back to the theaters in the summer with the extra 6 minutes. Why does he still seem bitter? Hes made several of the most succesful films of all time including Avatar (which I loved by the way) and yet he still gets hung up on other films instead of ignoring the other shit thats going on and being proud of his own achievement without belittling others and complaining.

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Apr 21, 2010, 09:35:37 PM
Quote from: Keg on Apr 21, 2010, 09:28:35 PM

Why shouldn't he?

You don't make money by being a nice guy. This thread reeks of naivety.

So Directors like Steven Spielberg havnt made money and been hugely successful without going on the way he does?  I understand your point about being a mr nice guy but even when hes achieved everything he possibly can, and his movie is a resounding success, hes still complaining and whinging. He acts like a greedy spoiled child always wanting more. Its not naivety at all, hes an arrogant prick. End of.

First Blood

First Blood

I think with having the highest grossing movie of all time, he would be less of a narcissist. The mans in love with himself.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Quote from: Keg on Apr 21, 2010, 09:39:24 PM
So Directors like Steven Spielberg havnt made money and been hugely successful without going on the way he does?  Its not naivety at all, hes an arrogant prick. End of.

Enjoy

Keg

Keg

Whats Kingdom of The Crystal Skull got to do with Spielberg as a person?

First Blood

First Blood

???

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Maybe if he was more assertive, or the term that you guys like to throw around, asshole, he may have had the stones to tell George to f**k off when it came to ants, monkeys, and aliens.

Spielberg has weight to throw around, and for some reason, he didn't. 

Keg

Keg

Youre arguing about something completely different that we are speaking of. Films content or what a director chooses to allow in his film has no bearing on Cameron acting like a spoiled child AFTER the film is finished and become massively successful.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

You called Cameron an arrogant prick. As I stated, maybe him being assertive is the KEY TO HIS SUCCESS.

His way or the highway. As I said again, maybe Steve could have been a little more assertive during preproduction. 

We're talking about the supposed attitude of these filmmakers, and that effect on their films. Like I said in an ealier post, I'd be pissed too if some half ass attempt at 3D kicked a worthwhile film out of theaters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed