James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy

Started by Darkoo, Jul 18, 2007, 04:12:35 PM

Author
James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy (Read 714,610 times)

SM

SM

But if it looks fake and cartoony, it'll just be an expensive showreel.

Cellien

Cellien

So don't watch it.

SM

SM

Uh-oh...  Rattled a ball lickers cage again...

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: SM on Nov 23, 2009, 03:13:38 AM
Uh-oh...  Rattled a ball lickers cage again...

No but that post is inappropriate.  Obviously your cage was rattled...

SM

SM

Not at all.

Not everyone who expresses a negative opinion about this is as much of "hater" as you'd like them to be.  Just as everyone who expresses a positive opinion doesn't worship at the Temple of James Cameron's Eternal Scrotum.  Only some.

Don't try and guage what's 'appropriate' when you come into discussion with utterly irrelevant nonsense like "So don't watch it".

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Can't we just reserved judgement for now? It looks like they put effort into it, and soon we will see if it was all worth it.

SM

SM

QuoteCan't we just reserved judgement for now?

All I've been saying all along.

Look I did it again!

Quote from: SM on Nov 23, 2009, 01:24:58 AM
Wait and see.

But by the same token - I'm not going to stop discussing what we've seen so far.  Just because I think the Thundercats don't quite cut it, it isn't a condemnation of the entire film.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: SM on Nov 23, 2009, 03:23:01 AM
Not at all.

Not everyone who expresses a negative opinion about this is as much of "hater" as you'd like them to be.  Just as everyone who expresses a positive opinion doesn't worship at the Temple of James Cameron's Eternal Scrotum.  Only some.

Don't try and guage what's 'appropriate' when you come into discussion with utterly irrelevant nonsense like "So don't watch it".

Obviously you didn't understand that calling me a "ball-licker" is what is inappropriate.  Everything else you said isn't inappropriate, but your last comments just now were far-assumed.  

SM

SM

QuoteObviously you didn't understand that calling me a "ball-licker" is what is inappropriate.

Oh no, I understood that too.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: SM on Nov 23, 2009, 03:32:08 AM
QuoteObviously you didn't understand that calling me a "ball-licker" is what is inappropriate.

Oh no, I understood that too.

So if you understand it's inappropriate, don't do it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The Temple of James Cameron's Eternal Scrotum, eh? I like it. Has a nice ring to it.

SM

SM

The ring's round the back.  Members only.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm sorry, I don't get that joke.

SM

SM

Nevermind.  It was just as puerile as the Eternal Scrotum gag and not terribly funny.

Cellien

Cellien

I saw a segment about the movie on 60-minutes.  The shots they showed were some of the worst I've seen of the movie (in regards to CGI quality), but a lot of it was when they were showing shots of the art team talking about finishing touches and doing the last work on the CGI, so not sure if it was intended to be in-progress shots or what, although some of it was clearly not final as they looked more like animatics. 

Either way, it wasn't the most impressive stuff I've seen (looked like new footage not in the trailers) and that might confuse people seeing the segment.  It also mentioned the Abyss, Terminator, and Titanic (of course) but no mention of Aliens.. :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed