James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy

Started by Darkoo, Jul 18, 2007, 04:12:35 PM

Author
James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy (Read 714,716 times)

Cellien

Cellien

Yeah, I saw Terminator Salvation in a small town and the theater SUCKED.  I live right outside of Austin, and also work there so it's not too far of a drive.

Alien³

Alien³

I'm really looking forward to this. I just pray the hype doesn't kill it. Sounds like a classic Cameron film so it should be top notch.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

I think theyre trying to create a new Star Wars type of a thing, meaning the entire new detailed and carefully worked up universe with creatures, ecosystem, story etc.

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

I'm shocked I was reply #10 nearly 2 years ago, and I had been following the film since at least late 06 and early 07...we've come a long way, and still have quite a while to go before the release of the film.

The trailer should be just around the corner though...

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Rumors say July. Fox hasnt denied it (yet)

Cellien

Cellien

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Jesus Christ, this is ridiculous. We're getting our first look at the game instead of the goddamn movie!

Cellien

Cellien

For some reason the pictures aren't showing up for me in the forum anymore, so just hit the link if they aren't working for you.

What's crazy is that I'm pretty sure I heard this game is supposed to be stereoscopic 3d.  I have no idea how they plan to achieve that well w/out different hardware (3D TVs, etc).  Hopefully not the blue/red lens treatment.  :\

EDIT:  Oh maybe you do need a new TV... 

http://www.pr-inside.com/ubisoft-supports-the-sensio-r-3d-format-r1293000.htm

"To benefit from this stereoscopic experience, as seen at E3, players of the James Cameron's Avatar: The Game can connect their existing game consoles directly to 3D-enabled TV's with built-in SENSIO® 3D decoding technology. "

That sucks.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The game already looks amazing and I think the movie will too.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

the reason why we see so much from the game is that itll look very different than the movie. they have theiri own designs, not used in the movie and completeyl different storyline, so seeing those screenshots equals to no spoilers at all

Xhan

Xhan

Wrong, and not only wrong but, several weapons designs were directly incorporated FROM the game, particularly on the Na'Vi side.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: Xhan on Jun 18, 2009, 07:17:25 PM
Wrong, and not only wrong but, several weapons designs were directly incorporated FROM the game, particularly on the Na'Vi side.

No, youre wrong. I didnt say the game will have no designs from the movie at all. I said whats been shown so far are original designs. Both Cameron and Landau especially said that they can release all the game stuff because what they released so far are the original designs from the game. Designs from the movie had not been shown yet in any of the game screens (with the exception of Powersuit and CHopper, but both were already revealed before the game). And the story of the game takes place two years before the movie. No Na'vi or actual creatures from the movie had been shown yet. The car revealed earlier is also game-only

Xhan

Xhan

Nope. Cameron already said so in the interview with Viacom's/GT Geoff Keighley.

You'll get both new and old, and there was cross fertilization between both teams in incorporating gear and particularly weapons.

He said it again at e3.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: Xhan on Jun 18, 2009, 08:34:08 PM
Nope. Cameron already said so in the interview with Viacom's/GT Geoff Keighley.

You'll get both new and old, and there was cross fertilization between both teams in incorporating gear and particularly weapons.

He said it again at e3.

I know, I have ALL of the interviews he did for the game, on video and printed, and posted 90% of them. And youre right , I agree with you. But what Im saying is that what were getting in the so far released material, like the screenshots, is not spoilerish in any way. The two things from the actual movie were already released before the game released any info or screenshots. Thats why theyre holding the demo and why there was such a huge security checking everyone at E3 by Avatar demo booth. They dont want anyone to see Na'vi yet

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

There are reports of extended clips playing at Cinexpo today.

So keep your eyes open.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed