James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy

Started by Darkoo, Jul 18, 2007, 04:12:35 PM

Author
James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy (Read 714,658 times)

Immortan Jonesy

I heard there's a hostile Na'vi faction in this upcoming movie.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 09, 2024, 07:47:31 PMI heard there's a hostile Na'vi faction in this upcoming movie.

We know that the film introduces a new faction of "Ash People" (led by Oona Chaplin's Varang) and in some images that were seen online, it seems like...

Spoiler
...they might be making a pact/alliance of some sort with Quaritch.
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

nanison

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 22, 2024, 10:04:34 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9h4wLJrVXA

I'm sure James is crying himself to sleep everyday, just like I did after watching a mere 3 min of this incredibly annoying youtube video.

Some people seemingly just can't accept that they were wrong about avatar and especially the sequel. It was going to flop, it took too long to release, nobody cared etc. Well the box office told a different story. Not unimportant, the reviews for both films were generally positive too no matter how loud people moan about Avatar it is a resounding success

Sorry BlueMarsalis79 I know you are one of those who hates it with a passion, you're going to have to live through another couple of sequels  :P

BlueMarsalis79

Someone did not bother to actually watch it, it is also about how sweet and endearing the fringe Avatar fandom actually are, as well as the fact that they are designed to be big event pictures; not necessarily cultural touchstones.

If you want an actual critical video about Avatar worth your time, this on the score absolutely rules, but I am biased as I never even liked any of the work of James Horner.

Wweyland

Really hoping for Frontiers of Pandora to reach Steam.

nanison

@BlueMarsalis79

So it is a positive video?! I could not tell for a number of reason. First it was a post of you, 2nd the title and 3rd the opening minutes. The main reason for not watching it was the presentation and irritating humor of the youtuber though.

Immortan Jonesy

I like the Avatar universe, and it's admirable how passionate James Cameron is about his world.

Still, sometimes I wonder if the Avatar fandom exists, like in the case of Star Wars, Star Trek or even our beloved Alien & Predator.

Nightmare Asylum

So long as I'm alive, the Avatar fandom still exists.

Local Trouble

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 25, 2024, 06:55:13 PMSo long as I'm alive, the Avatar fandom still exists.

A thousand generations live in you now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed