More plot details.

Started by Shasvre, Feb 24, 2011, 07:46:27 PM

Author
More plot details. (Read 34,786 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Don't think this have been posted before.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/02/24/prometheus-rumours-unbound-how-the-alien-aliens-factor-in/

I know I'm not the only person on the UK blogging and film writing scene to have heard these rumours, and we almost certainly heard them from the same or associated sources, but I've gone on to speak with another party. Despite this individual having to be rather careful about what they were saying, they certainly didn't quash the story.

So. Let's go with it. How does Ridley Scott's Prometheus fit into universe of the Alien films?

Quite simply: it has the Alien aliens in it. The catch, though, is that you might not recognise them – at least, not at first.

Remember how the alien took on canine qualities after gestating in a dog? You may even suppose that the first film's alien was so recognisably humanoid because it had grown in a human. The same applies here: generation by generation, the creature mutates. As Prometheus begins, the xenomorph is not too recognisable. Sure, it has that alien DNA that Scott and Fassbender teasingly referred to, but it's missing... well, it's missing human DNA. Or dog DNA.

All you have to do is imagine how it might look if it were to mix DNA with another alien species... and I think we're starting to work it all out.

I learned that the film's setting is, in part, a planet that has been terraformed to create the perfect environment in which a particular bioweapon would prosper. Terraformed deliberately to farm the weapon? I got no clear answer. Is this bioweapon the alien? I got no clear answer. While there was a lot of wheezing and coughing on my end of the phone, there was a good deal of quiet smirking on the other, it seems.

I did ask if the film is really going to be called Prometheus. The answer? "Maybe not. Though they are calling it that for a reason."

Sadly, I was not able to confirm the rumoured use of an 8-foot animatronic Space Jockey, but the way I was told "there's nothing we're calling a space jockey here" just led me to believe, perhaps erroneously, that it would be the same character, or at least species, but with a new name. On past information, that name would seem to be "The Engineer", but I may be getting ahead of myself to join those particular dots so readily when their sources aren't the same.

Anyway. The only thing I'm completely sure of here is that Prometheus does indeed take place in the same universe as Alien, and in this universe there's a big terraforming operation going on, somehow related to the classic Giger xenomorph.

Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung

i can dig it

as long as none of that was code for ant aliens

Darkoo

Darkoo

aliens without the human DNA? Interesting

Xerxész

Xerxész

Not humanoid aliens...
Maybe aliens like the...PredAlien? ;)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Xerxész on Feb 24, 2011, 08:18:06 PMMaybe aliens like the...PredAlien? ;)

Not a snowballs chance in hell. :laugh:

Mus

Mus

So pretty much what Ridley's been saying since '79. That the original Alien looked like it did, because its predecessor had picked up the look from Jockeys. There you have it, folks. The Alien is a shapeshifting blob. All we need now is that PG-13 rating and we have a challenger for Barbapapa.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I have to say I really like the sounds of this. It all fits in with Ridley's comments about redesigning the Alien and I can honestly see it working. We've got Giger redesigning them. I'm feeling good.

WDB

WDB

I to have found the same news on comic book movie.  Hopefully its true!
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Dustin03Comics/news/?a=30758

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Links back to the original article.

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

This film should have been called Paradox. Many contradictory reports that make this make no sense at all.

eyesofthedemon

eyesofthedemon

I'm really liking the sound of this,sounds interesting indeed,good news imo

emperorjordan

emperorjordan

Finally looks like questions are being answered!  One possible remaining Q: Do we see the 'final' product that is the traditional Alien?  I can't see Ridley repeating the chest-bursting scene of Alien again.  Maybe we'll see the creature, but have to fill in the blanks of how it came to develop from the facehugger.

Snowdog

Snowdog

If this is true  ::) It made my day :P

BISHOP 93

BISHOP 93

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 24, 2011, 09:06:02 PM
I have to say I really like the sounds of this. It all fits in with Ridley's comments about redesigning the Alien and I can honestly see it working. We've got Giger redesigning them. I'm feeling good.

indeed i want a cinema ticket right now hopefully it'll be an 18's none of this 15's crap got nothing against 15's rated films but alien and predator films should be confined to 18's/R ratings

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Alien was re-released as a 15 for the Directors Cut.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed