The AVPR Redux cut is fantastic

Started by TheRenegadeMan, May 23, 2023, 12:08:16 AM

Author
The AVPR Redux cut is fantastic (Read 10,189 times)

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Eal on Oct 06, 2023, 11:20:05 PMOkay, okay, I'll just admit it: Beyond laughing my ass off at the opening scene of the father-son duo getting brutally murdered, I stopped watching the movie. I know that events happen, people do things, fights occur in the dark, a pregnant woman gives birth to aliens from a Rastafarian Alien, and that an APC™ from Aliens™ appears at the end or something.

I don't actually know for sure if AVPR is a terrible, awful movie, but what I have seen is enough to put me off it.

You made the right choice - I wish I could un-see the movie 🤣

[cancerblack]

I quite enjoy it alongside movies like Critters and The Deadly Spawn, but whether or not you want an Alien/Predator movie that's good bedfellows with those, is a different matter.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 07, 2023, 12:40:25 AMI quite enjoy it alongside movies like Critters and The Deadly Spawn, but whether or not you want an Alien/Predator movie that's good bedfellows with those, is a different matter.

An interesting thought.. I too love my fair share of B-movies (side note; the spiritual successor to The Deadly Spawn, 'Metamorphosis: The Alien Factor' is one of my faves!) ...would I have enjoyed AvPR if we removed the Aliens and Predators and replaced them with a pseudo equivalent... 🤔 yes... I probably would have. 😅 Which now has me re-evaluating...is it a terrible movie, or just a terrible Alien/Predator movie? Hmmm... 🤔 ...I've definitely enjoyed worse! 😂

SM

SM

That movie exists. It's called Alien vs Hunter and doesn't even come close to clearing the low bar set by AvPR.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Oct 08, 2023, 05:30:37 PM'Metamorphosis: The Alien Factor'

It's almost the part of spooky month where I watch that yet again.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on May 27, 2023, 10:13:02 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 23, 2023, 12:30:56 PM
Quote from: TheRenegadeMan on May 23, 2023, 12:08:16 AMIt's a shame the movie was tarnished by the teenagers. Without them, you really see the acting effort and love put into the predators and aliens, the lore, etc.
And damn, Wolf is by far the most bad ass predator to date.

Does it suddenly make the Alien designs good?

Does it make Wolf not a complete moron?

Absolute nonsense, it is rotten to the core, lore included. When people come out with stuff like this, it diminishes the credibility of the effect editing can have, but the material needs to be somewhat good in the first place.

No amount of clever editing can save the last Seasons of GoT, the Star Wars Prequels or Sequels, or indeed the AVP films up to now. Sometimes things just fundamentally are what they are.

I never felt Wolf was moron. He takes out the power plant trying to kill the Predalien, which is most dangerious Xenomorph of all. He takes some how do I say.. uncessary risks, but he knows this creature is capable of wiping out the best of prey, humanity.

He takes out the power plant trying to shoot a warrior xenomorph. The Predalien shows up as yellow, what he tried to aim at was green. He does plenty of other moronic stuff too like leaving a skinned body and pretty much allowing the aliens to escape the sewers.

Disregard the first part, someone already brought it up. My fault for not reading further lol

SM

SM

Of all the problems with AvPR, "the teenagers" is well down the list. The Ricky-Jesse-Dale thing takes all of 7 and half minutes run time and that includes the Alien killing Dale's friends.

The Cruentus

Yep, the teenagers were only a tiny part of the problems of that movie. They were simply just irrelevant. Cutting them out doesn't solve the problem of Wolf stupidity, Chet's life-cycle, the lighting, the alien's appearance and behavior. There is probably too much to list  :laugh:

Does the redux at least fix the lighting issue? :laugh:

Hmm do we actually want to see what is going on though?... :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed