Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 118,797 times)

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Jan 16, 2011, 07:29:08 PM

Not a single one of your six "points" has anything to do with him being a coward. In fact, not one of your six statements even has anything to do with Alien at all. Every single one could be applied to whatever he has been working on.

dude wth are you talking about? are you ok? all these were told by the man himself in an interview when he was asked about the alien prequel...except if avpgalaxy is ''feeding'' us lies instead of real news,which i doubt it...i mean i dont know the site stuff ect but i dont think if all these were just ''fan-driven'' as you say they would post it here and waist our time.

I don't know why you try to defend him.
He was the one who said all that about the alien prequel when he was asked about it.

I hope someone from the site clarifies this..i mean if indeed Ridley said all these referring to the alien prequel or not as you say to your last post.

jimmylace

heartbreaking. effectively, this is "we were doing it, but our script turned out too good to be a mere alien prequel."
The Alien franchise is pretty much dead in the water now, unless someone is daring enough to make a sequel to Resurrection. (or do a lame reboot)

On the plus side, Predators ruled and we're getting another one of those. Maybe just maybe, we'll get an AvP3 that takes Predators sort of into account.  ;D

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: jimmylace on Jan 16, 2011, 08:02:46 PM
heartbreaking. effectively, this is "we were doing it, but our script turned out too good to be a mere alien prequel."
The Alien franchise is pretty much dead in the water now, unless someone is daring enough to make a sequel to Resurrection. (or do a lame reboot)

On the plus side, Predators ruled and we're getting another one of those. Maybe just maybe, we'll get an AvP3 that takes Predators sort of into account.  ;D

Working on it.  ;D

HybridNewborn

I think people are over-reacting a bit. I can't actually find anything in the article that says the plot isn't the same and isn't still about the Space Jockeys. In fact, I can't find anything that says the Aliens won't even be in it. All I can find is the fact that it's no longer being billed as an Alien prequel and that there is some major universe-building going on. For all we know it's the same damn script, just with the Aliens downplayed/removed and the Jockeys even more fleshed out and central to the storyline.

XixPrEdAtOrxiX

XixPrEdAtOrxiX

O.O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STNug-lKeIM#
I'm so angry I can't even kill myself properly.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

...What.

I passed the last months imagining how Scott would've brought to life one of my "movie dreams" since my first viewing of Alien, alas the Space Jockey... what's behind the ginormous skeleton, the mysteries it brings with it, and the immensity that can be out there. I'm really... I don't know, shocked by this news. Especially after reading the promising message Ridley leaves in the portfolio of the Anthology. Shame.
On the positive side, though, we'll have another Sci-Fi with Scott as the director... and Alien will keep its Lovecraftian Vibe I always loved.

chupacabras acheronsis

must... not... troll!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 16, 2011, 09:41:08 PM
must... not... troll!

But...you're chupa. That's what you do :P

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 16, 2011, 09:41:08 PM
must... not... troll!

Don't fight it, gorgeous.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

AHEM.

*warning, this opinion though seemingly honest has been manipulated to anger and frustrate you with intentional ignorance and pedantery for the purpose of trolling*
Spoiler

you are a bunch of f**king babies. "BAAAAAAAAAW RIDLEY IS A JERK HE PROMISED US A NEW ALIEN MOVIE I HATE HIM!"

of course there won't be a f**king prequel. making a prequel to alien is f**king retarded and you should run in front of a bus for considering it. we found out only a year or so about Ridley's involvement and you're talking about this like he visited you when you were a little brat walking out of AVP and promissed your terminally Ill puppy would live to see the movie. HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE SCRIPT HE WAS WORKING? DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING I DON'T ABOUT IT? a guy was going to get anally raped. that is a man humping another man in the middle of your f**king masterpiece of horror. and guess what, if Ridley thought it was for the better to take the alien title of this and not shit over us, i trust him.

"BUT I WANTED ANOTHER ALIEN MOVIE NOW THE FRANCHISE IS DEAAAAD" f**k off. the Alien franchise died with AvP. Alien vs Predator. you must be authistic to not notice how retarded any movie with "vs" on the title is. did you expect this to blend into a wonderful Universe with two of your favorite franchises in one doing cool shit? oh, you did. some of you still do. you deluded motherf**kers. good things don't happen. now grow out of it, pull up your panties and don't act like Fox just f**ked us in the ass for the first time, because it's not.
[close]

Infected

Ridley is from America right? so you can sue him right you can sue anybody there.

btw does this mean no space jockey?

Valaquen

Quote from: Infected on Jan 16, 2011, 10:09:02 PM
Ridley is from America right? so you can sue him right you can sue anybody there.

He's English, and I'm sure he lives there.

It's funny. If they're filming so soon, they would have planned Prometheus a while back, but they kept on the Alien ruse for a while, very close to actual filming in fact [apparently, pre-production started not too long ago, right?]. There's maybe a slim chance that it's a Jockey movie that's distanced from Alien, and a title without 'Alien' in it would be the best move - and would FOX really ditch Alien after trying to get Scott on the project and even paying to have scripts written?
But I wouldn't say that for sure.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: stroggificated on Jan 16, 2011, 12:03:31 PM
Clap.....Clap......Clap

It's a pity i won't never see your reactions here if PREDATORS had met the same fate as the Alien Prequel. Then an Alien Fan comes along and...

Stop...

Before you go on... I would've been ECSTATIC, if PREDATORS had been cancelled... To me the movie was such a let down.

If anything, I think the Alien fans who opposed the prequel are lucky.

Quote from: stroggificated on Jan 16, 2011, 12:03:31 PM
Alien Predator is done. They don't need to do it anymore.

No more. No more. No more.

I actually agree with this... I really do...  I whole heartily agree with this!

Who are you trying to piss of, me? Not working, I'm just envious of the Alien fans who opposed the prequel that someone above listened to them.

-Rakai'Thwei

ShadowPred

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 16, 2011, 10:07:12 PM
AHEM.
Spoiler

you are a bunch of f**king babies. "BAAAAAAAAAW RIDLEY IS A JERK HE PROMISED US A NEW ALIEN MOVIE I HATE HIM!"

of course there won't be a f**king prequel. making a prequel to alien is f**king retarded and you should run in front of a bus for considering it. we found out only a year or so about Ridley's involvement and you're talking about this like he visited you when you were a little brat walking out of AVP and promissed your terminally Ill puppy would live to see the movie. HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE SCRIPT HE WAS WORKING? DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING I DON'T ABOUT IT? a guy was going to get anally raped. that is a man humping another man in the middle of your f**king masterpiece of horror. and guess what, if Ridley thought it was for the better to take the alien title of this and not shit over us, i trust him.

"BUT I WANTED ANOTHER ALIEN MOVIE NOW THE FRANCHISE IS DEAAAAD" f**k off. the Alien franchise died with AvP. Alien vs Predator. you must be authistic to not notice how retarded any movie with "vs" on the title is. did you expect this to blend into a wonderful Universe with two of your favorite franchises in one doing cool shit? oh, you did. some of you still do. you deluded motherf**kers. good things don't happen. now grow out of it, pull up your panties and don't act like Fox just f**ked us in the ass for the first time, because it's not.
[close]

Well said, Chupa.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteAHEM.

Yes sir!

In fact, no...i think most people, like myself, are not "angry" about the fact that the movie ultimately won't get made, it is just how we all found out.

It was even officially announced on the new anthology box set, Ridley was talking about it for over a year now, in fact, he wasnt talking about anything else, it seemed like it was finally going to happen, the originator going back, they even had giger, something fans wished for ever since they saw the first movie, and all the sudden they say "nahh, f**k the prequel, we're making something else completely". Of course fans are going to be disappointed, what were you expecting on an Alien fan site?

Can you hype a movie and then cancel it any day of the week? Of course, it happened before and it will happen again, but people will be pissed, and rightfully so.

If you expect the majority of people to go "Yayy! They canceled another Alien movie, with Ridley f**king Scott directing, how awesome is that!!?" you're clearly in the wrong place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed