Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

As if it'd be anything else!

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Darksiders 2

Red Dead Redemption

God do I love going to war in RDR. Armadillo is always our favorite battleground, with El Presidio as a close second.

Nope

Nope

Just beat The Fear in MGS3, and that has got to be the easiest boss in the MGS series so far(i'v been playing all of them on normal.)  Like I defeated him in under 30 seconds, he didn't shoot back, all i did was turn on my thermal goggles and tranquilized him constantly till he died. I DIDN'T EVEN MOVE DURING THE WHOLE BOSS FIGHT. I feel like I cheated somehow but I didn't. Otherwise I am enjoying MGS3 quite a lot.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Keg on Sep 12, 2012, 12:44:21 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 12, 2012, 02:21:59 AM
Quote from: Keg on Sep 11, 2012, 03:06:44 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 11, 2012, 03:52:17 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 11, 2012, 03:50:26 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 11, 2012, 03:28:27 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 11, 2012, 03:27:39 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 09, 2012, 12:56:20 AM
I never had a problem with the big f**king switch that Kojima did in MGS 2. Everything about the game was just as good. Sure, people hated it, but the fact that these same people no doubt loved the f**king game, and continued to play it is proof that something as switching the main character without warning is not going to stop the awesome.

My biggest problem with it wasn't Raiden. It was the supremely convoluted story that became too overblown for its own good. Seriously, what was Kojima thinking with that thing?

After MGS3, it all makes perfect sense. No lie.

I played MGS 3 and still didn't understand the story in the second. The A.I., S3, Arsenal Gear, wtf...

Replay them games a million times!

I have and I agree, alot, and I mean alot, of stuff from MGS2 still never got resolved or it just got brushed under the carpet. If there's anything you don't understand from MGS2, just play MGS4 and be told it was "nanomachines" haha.

MGS 4 made far more sense and was easier to follow than MGS 2. Both had fantastical stories but MGS 2 went off in a direction that I'm not sure Kojima fully understood himself.

Agreed. And that's the point I was making about MGS4. MGS4 was essentially the game that would answer the questions from MGS2 and alot of them were either not touched upon at all or they were just explained away poorly in a single sentence. MGS4's story was great and like MGS and MGS3 was still easy to follow despite all the crazy retcons and twists. But some of the weird shit that Kojima threw into MGS2 he didnt even answer them properly himself in MGS4 probably because as you said he didnt really know what he was trying to do himself. I love MGS2 though (there isnt a MGS game I dont, other than Portable Ops) and I love the feeling of isolation. The whole game is contained in one area at a time, making you feel like youre the last hope, first on the tanker and then on the big shell. If you don't succeed nobody will.

The tanker sequence was a lot of fun. It was quick and easy; albeit too quick, I guess. The Big Shell sequence was weird. I felt like I was running around in a maze.

Nope

Nope

I really dug all of MGS2, the only problem I had with it was the lack of boss fights. I think there were like 4 maybe? I was really excited for a fortune boss fight and have to find an ingenious way to defeat her but alas.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Shobidoo on Sep 13, 2012, 02:26:35 AM
Just beat The Fear in MGS3, and that has got to be the easiest boss in the MGS series so far(i'v been playing all of them on normal.)  Like I defeated him in under 30 seconds, he didn't shoot back, all i did was turn on my thermal goggles and tranquilized him constantly till he died. I DIDN'T EVEN MOVE DURING THE WHOLE BOSS FIGHT. I feel like I cheated somehow but I didn't. Otherwise I am enjoying MGS3 quite a lot.

Lol, yeah this always happens. My first time going through this was insane, because I didn't pick up the thermal goggles at all.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Hmm, let's see.. Okami (avatar, hint hint). I love that game, and their doing a PS3 HD remake. With graphics like that .. holy crap..

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Shobidoo on Sep 13, 2012, 02:43:17 AM
I really dug all of MGS2, the only problem I had with it was the lack of boss fights. I think there were like 4 maybe? I was really excited for a fortune boss fight and have to find an ingenious way to defeat her but alas.

Well there is a Fortune Boss Fight, it's just you can't defeat her. Compared to the first game there are boss fights every 20 minutes it seems, but MGS2 has them scattered much further apart. You've got Olga then a good few hours later it's Fortune and then Fatman in quick succession, then theres a long gap until the Harrier fight and another lengthy period until you fight Vamp. A while later there's a sort of boss fight against Vamp again and then it's Metal Gear Ray and after another hour of cutscenes its Solidus. One of my biggest disapointments was that you never switched back to Snake or fought Ocelot at all. I was totally waiting for the game to switch back to Snake to beat down on Ocelot before taking control of Raiden to take down Solidus but it never happened.

Nope

Nope

It was more like a hide behind a box and cry sequence than a boss battle. I think the boss fights were spread too thin, I thought having boss fights fairly often in MGS was nice and different, because I kept expecting lots of filler between boss fights, but like you said you barely had time to breathe between say Psycho Mantis and the first Sniper Wolf boss fight.
I would've wanted another Vamp boss fight, a fortune boss fight where you can actually defeat her, and like you said an ocelot boss fight.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles

Only doing Leon's South American missions. Next I'll play Umbrella Chronicles and do Chris and Jill's Russian Umbrella base mission; after that it's onwards to RE 4, Revelations and finally 5. 8)

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

In anticipation of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, I started playing this again.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: King Rathalos on Sep 13, 2012, 07:57:52 PM

Only doing Leon's South American missions. Next I'll play Umbrella Chronicles and do Chris and Jill's Russian Umbrella base mission; after that it's onwards to RE 4, Revelations and finally 5. 8)

Omg, me too. Monster hunter forever!

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Left 4 Dead, because I still love Valve.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Sinister Serenity on Sep 13, 2012, 08:48:21 PM

New Game, no awesome armor or weapons. Guess there's only one thing left to do...

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: King Rathalos on Sep 13, 2012, 11:11:18 PM
Quote from: Sinister Serenity on Sep 13, 2012, 08:48:21 PM

New Game, no awesome armor or weapons. Guess there's only one thing left to do...

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/262/a/1/hunt_all_the_monsters_by_daowg-d4acqh9.png

What are the chances my player is wearing Kirin armor.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Star Wars Battlefront 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed