Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,810 times)

severen76

severen76

Hotel Dusk on the DS. Cool little game although I'm kinda stuck.

Keg

Keg

Just finished Fear Effect on Hard. When I first played this I didnt have the patience to play it without cheats and now I see why. It's the first time ive beaten it without any and f**k me its a chore. Constantly replaying sections over and over until you eventually get lucky. And using cheap tactics like rolling everywhere (you cant take damage while rolling) is just no fun and ruins the game but I had to do it, especially on the final disc in hell because I had barely any ammo and couldnt take on the enemies.

Superb game though and its such a shame the third game was cancelled for the PS2. I never did finish Fear Effect 2 so i'll give it a whirl.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: King Rathalos on Jan 21, 2012, 04:57:26 PM
Quote from: r888 on Jan 21, 2012, 05:00:52 AM
Resident evil 2 and 3
The best

What a coincidence, that's exactly what I'm playing. :laugh:

Me too ;D I'm up to the part in re2 when Ada finds out what happened to william birkin.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Well I'll be, I'm trying to play Resident Evil 2 as well. First time.

I hate these f**king controls.

I don't think I can do this.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 23, 2012, 06:38:23 PM

Keep moving forward comrade!

I am proud of my first (serious) go at enchantments in Skyrim. My "Shield of Whiterun" (Esquisite) having 27% more protection against damage along wilth my Block skills up to level 50 unlocked. It makes a dragon's breath or the punch of troll look like weak childish slapping. As long as I keep my shield up some of the toughest enemies can only barely put a MM of a dent into my health. I am proud of my creation.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 23, 2012, 06:38:23 PM

Yeah I know that feel. When I went back to the originals after playing RE 4 and 5 for so long it took me forever to get used to the controls again. Hell after being able to run (also walk and shoot no less) by just pushing forward on the 3DS game it felt awkward to not be able to run in RE 5. Don't worry though, you'll make it once you get used to it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

These controls are seriously broken, though. I just don't think I can get used to them. People say they have to be like that, otherwise the game wouldn't be scary. Bullshit. If you need piss-poor controls to get the horror element of your horror game across, you're doing something wrong.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 23, 2012, 10:46:26 PM
People say they have to be like that, otherwise the game wouldn't be scary.

I've always found that to be bullshit as well.

In any case if RE 2's controls feel shit try RE 4 or 5 instead you don't have to deal with that kind shit on those two. You still can't walk and shoot unfortunately.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that, but I always hate coming into a series without having played the previous games.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Part 4 has a quick briefing (maybe 30-60 seconds) about 2 & 3 but that's about it unfortunately. :-\

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Ah, well. That's what this site is for.

I'm gonna give 2 another go. I just hate the limited saves. I don't wanna use them up, so when I die, I go back an annoyingly large amount. :D

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Splinter Cell Conviction which is quite a legit Splinter Cell game. I was surprised.

I still think the first one was the best, it's just a shame the games lighting engine doesn't work quite well with the next gen video cards :-\

Lie

Lie

Heavy Rain, 45 minutes of staring out a window just laughing at the guys pedo smile. :laugh: Followed but ignoring his wife. :laugh:

9/10 of from Eurogamer, well earned! ;D

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

Quote from: Lie on Jan 24, 2012, 02:11:46 PM
Heavy Rain, 45 minutes of staring out a window just laughing at the guys pedo smile. :laugh: Followed but ignoring his wife. :laugh:

9/10 of from Eurogamer, well earned! ;D

Norman Jayden so makes that game worth its money.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Space Marines, the controls in RE before 4 and 5 are kinda the same like in 4 and 5 lol. You see in both styles you have to press a button to be able to shoot, and in both styles the movement is the same - press forward - your char goes forward/press back- your char goes back. You got to get used to the camera if you ask me. The controls are not so different imo. Or at least I feel them the same rofl

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed