Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 754,258 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 18, 2020, 10:35:36 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 18, 2020, 09:47:40 PM
I doubt it, the call sheet just says "SULACO NEW SET". I don't think there was ever a clear idea where it was meant to be.

If so, at least they've seen a full set rather than just a fracture of it that we see in the frame. I think its possible from what they saw to at least say if its a storage room, part of a hangar bay, locker of some sort or a hallway
It's much more likely they didn't build much more than what was seen in the movie to keep costs down.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SiL on Apr 19, 2020, 02:20:09 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 18, 2020, 10:35:36 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 18, 2020, 09:47:40 PM
I doubt it, the call sheet just says "SULACO NEW SET". I don't think there was ever a clear idea where it was meant to be.

If so, at least they've seen a full set rather than just a fracture of it that we see in the frame. I think its possible from what they saw to at least say if its a storage room, part of a hangar bay, locker of some sort or a hallway
It's much more likely they didn't build much more than what was seen in the movie to keep costs down.

I know. Still, there must have been at least a little bit more of it to tell what kind of interior space is it

Drukathi

Drukathi

I still have two options.

1. There is no egg on Sulaсo. Just an unexpected accident. People die, Ripley survive. She received severe stress and depression, leading to hallucinations and psychosis. She began to slash prisoners and staff. Maybe she imagined herself an Alien, or as if thinking that the Alien was killing everyone, and she was observing from the side. Perhaps Golik helped her. He saw a kindred spirit, so to speak.  ;)

This is a very dark and very fincherish story. But I have a light.

2. Cryo-nightmare. Well, you know. Just a bad dream, that Ripley had when she flew back to Earth along with Hicks and Newt. I use this option not only to exclude Alien 3 and AR from continuity. I also use this option to explain all the illogical, mystical inconsistencies and plot holes. :)

SiL

SiL

Or the opening is a fever dream and the rest is what happens after a facehugged was left on board after the previous film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

In my head there is no egg. We just continue from Aliens' facehuggers in the credits, and go from there.

littlesprout

littlesprout

^ There's a facehugger in the credits of Aliens?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sure is! Check it out. https://youtu.be/OqtDVgb-yvQ?t=158

Janek

Janek

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2020, 07:09:32 AM
Sure is! Check it out. https://youtu.be/OqtDVgb-yvQ?t=158

That is mind blowing, just love how this franchise keeps on delivering even after all these years. Always something to discover.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Drukathi on Apr 19, 2020, 10:37:01 AM
2. Cryo-nightmare. Well, you know. Just a bad dream, that Ripley had when she flew back to Earth along with Hicks and Newt. I use this option not only to exclude Alien 3 and AR from continuity. I also use this option to explain all the illogical, mystical inconsistencies and plot holes. :)

Oh, this option is probably the best.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/g4mfgh/just_for_fun_alien_3_was_a_bad_dream/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

No eggs. No facehuggers. Not deaths. Just a bad dream.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is "bad dream" the consensus then?

Janek

Janek

Quote from: Drukathi on Apr 20, 2020, 01:51:33 PM
Quote from: Drukathi on Apr 19, 2020, 10:37:01 AM

Oh, this option is probably the best.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/g4mfgh/just_for_fun_alien_3_was_a_bad_dream/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

No eggs. No facehuggers. Not deaths. Just a bad dream.

This is a horror franchise you know, people will die.  ;)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 20, 2020, 03:42:22 PM

Preposterous.

Janek

Janek

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 20, 2020, 03:42:22 PM

Never.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Janek on Apr 20, 2020, 04:10:21 PM
This is a horror franchise you know, people will die.  ;)

Not an excuse for laziness. The execution was disrespectful and unworthy. Like if the studio just got rid of the burden. And as we know now - it was the stupidest decision. Popular assets need to be maintained and increased.

Earth Hive was the best sequel.

---

Back to the topic. How do you think - what's better? Egg on the ceiling or egg growing from Bishop?

Huggs

Huggs

Most appropriate deaths ever.

Dream sequence is a lazy writer's excuse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed