Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 756,410 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

The prop was made for the insert, because idiot test audience teenagers were confused and now we're here discussing it.

The in-universe answer is by process of elimination, because there couldn't possibly be a Egg in that corner- means there isn't.

The cryotubes mean nothing, we've got our answer for them being the way they are, David Fincher preferred the original Alien version of the design and because of the way AlienĀ³ opens, if he had opted to go with the Aliens design he would've been saddled with them for the rest of the film.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jul 17, 2019, 10:13:35 AMThe in-universe answer is by process of elimination, because there couldn't possibly be a Egg in that corner- means there isn't.

The WYR would seem to indicate otherwise.

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jul 17, 2019, 10:13:35 AMThe cryotubes mean nothing, we've got our answer for them being the way they are, David Fincher preferred the original Alien version of the design and because of the way AlienĀ³ opens, if he had opted to go with the Aliens design he would've been saddled with them for the rest of the film.

That's not an in-universe explanation.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

It doesn't,  it's an outside source and
ultimately irrelevant to the film.
Each film/game whatever, should stand on it's own.

What's the in universe explanation for the various nitpicky changes to the Narcissus between Alien and Aliens?

Or right, there isn't one.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

The whole of Alien 3 being a nightmare is pure fanfiction and undermines the hard work that was put into making this movie by the crew against all odds. Alien 3 is canon by Fox/Disney and it seems it's gonna stay like that for quite some time, as it should IMO.

SM

SM

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jul 17, 2019, 10:26:50 AM
What's the in universe explanation for the various nitpicky changes to the Narcissus between Alien and Aliens?

I never noticed any so why do I need to explain them?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

What about the fact someone completely repainted the outside of the Sulaco between the second and third films?

And were they the same people who switched out all the cryotubes for totally different models?

:P

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Exactly my point, but whether you noticed it or otherwise is completely arbitrary.

It doesn't require a explanation in any case, it's just an aesthetic change.
And just because you don't like the answer doesn't suddenly mean it isn't definitive.
It's kinda hypocritical of you, for instance arguing -David is the creator and no room for interpretation exists but when given an answer you don't like you'll scream and flail your hands and feet like the rest of 'em.

Drukathi

Drukathi

So.
Cryotubes.
Magic Egg.
Sulaco colors.
Ripley's hallucinations.
Ripley's transmission from Nostromo.

Yep. It's cryo-nightmare.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Hallucination?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jul 17, 2019, 11:14:04 AM
It doesn't require a explanation in any case, it's just an aesthetic change.
And just because you don't like the answer doesn't suddenly mean it isn't definitive.
It's kinda hypocritical of you, for instance arguing -David is the creator and no room for interpretation exists but when given an answer you don't like you'll scream and flail your hands and feet like the rest of 'em.
"David is the creator" is something one of the films actively tried to establish through dialogue and action in the movie.

How the egg got onboard is never actively established in the film.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

But it is Ripley directly says she had a nightmare. And Aliens has the credits scuttle. 

SiL

SiL

Film never says her nightmare is what we saw in the opening, though.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jul 17, 2019, 12:59:04 PM
Hallucination?

When Ripley sees Alien, but it's a pipe with lice inside.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Yes, and David never says "I created the Alien" but it heavily implies it through action and dialogue, "I've found perfection here, I've created it." Etcetera.

"I had a terrible nightmare in cryosleep,
I have to be sure what happened."
And I believe as someone else said before both the opening and ending is given a dreamlike quality surrounding the EEV with the transmission.

And that's not a Hallucination Drukathi,
the Alien just moved. Occam's razor. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed