Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 756,354 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Goosfraba

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Incidentally, that sticky goo is what I imagine secured the proto-egg into place after it oozed from the queen's abdomen.

It appeared to be a lot more viscous than the slime that Dallas stuck his hand in right before the alien got him.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I've been responsible for lots of goo in my time.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 04, 2019, 04:00:56 AM
Are you responsible for the sticky goo?

According to your previous analysis, I am.

That was from anger management. Goosfraba is the code word Jack Nicholson uses to calm his patients. Supposedly it was descended from some Eskimo meaning.

Stitch

Huggs

Huggs

We already have consensus, some just don't know it.

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 04, 2019, 03:48:46 AM
Spunkmeyer didn't give the goo it's due because he's a james cameron movie trope. They never do their homework and you could sneak up on them in a Mac truck.

In typical movie fashion, it was time for a jumpscare. Cameronisms at their finest.

I'm not convinced. Such cliche, coming from the guy who gave us the most original xenoplanet ever (space furries in fluo jungle, now that's deep)? Such cliche, coming from the guy who astonished us with the Titanic romance (I cried when the lover experienced such a tragic death)? Such cliche, coming from the guy who gave us the perfect Terminator family?

Furthermore, you're failing to notice other meaningful details. In the Marines' introductory scene, it's Ferro who answers Vasquez "She's supposed to be some kinda consultant. Apparently she saw an alien once". The team hasn't been briefed yet. So why does Ferro know that? Who told her? Burke is the obvious answer.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Oasis Nadrama on Mar 04, 2019, 03:42:27 AMWhy did it land right in this dangerous area, if it took off to avoid it?

Because they thought the area was secure, and so Spunkmeyer could deliver equipment to Bishop, which we see happen in the film.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

I'm not convinced. Such cliche, coming from the guy who gave us the most original xenoplanet ever (space furries in fluo jungle, now that's deep)? Such cliche, coming from the guy who astonished us with the Titanic romance (I cried when the lover experienced such a tragic death)? Such cliche, coming from the guy who gave us the perfect Terminator family?

Please say this is all sarcasm!? XD James Cameron is THE most unoriginal guy in the universe! 'Aliens' ? It's just 'Alien' scene for scene with more xenos, marines, a kid thrown into the mix and bluer... 'Terminator 2?' it's 'The Terminator' scene for scene with more terminators, a kid thrown into the mix, and bluer. 'Avatar?' it's Pocahontas.. With marines thrown into the mix and bluer. Yes he makes great blockbusters, yes the visuals are often well done.. But original? Haha.. No.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You'd think the dropship would have had a motion tracking system of its own to detect possible intruders within its perimeter, but I guess not...

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Its_Auto on Mar 04, 2019, 11:54:35 AM

Please say this is all sarcasm!? XD James Cameron is THE most unoriginal guy in the universe! 'Aliens' ? It's just 'Alien' scene for scene with more xenos, marines, a kid thrown into the mix and bluer... 'Terminator 2?' it's 'The Terminator' scene for scene with more terminators, a kid thrown into the mix, and bluer. 'Avatar?' it's Pocahontas.. With marines thrown into the mix and bluer. Yes he makes great blockbusters, yes the visuals are often well done.. But original? Haha.. No.

He rips off everything. That's why avatar has been affectionately known by many as "dances with smurfs". Cameron can makes standard films, they just have bigger budgets and actors than the others, so they seem like more of a big deal. Regardless, they're filled with cliches. He gives the audience every trope in the book.

He had some good ideas with t1 and aliens, but those days are over. I don't expect that kind of quality and originality from him anymore. He's like Michael bay with better press.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Agree 100% on this... This is why I can't think of anything worse than a Blomkamp/Cameron collaboration..

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

How about a Whedon/Jeunet collaboration?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 05, 2019, 11:44:40 PM
How about a Whedon/Jeunet collaboration?

Take it over Shane Black any day.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

No way. The Predator may not have been his best work (although how many of its faults are actually down to him remains to be seen), but the rest of Black's filmography is pretty incredible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed