Arnold in Talks!

Started by RakaiThwei, Mar 07, 2016, 01:34:13 AM

Author
Arnold in Talks! (Read 35,123 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Royce was one of the best things about Predators, I thought.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 14, 2016, 08:35:33 AM
Royce was one of the best things about Predators, I thought.

I agree, i thought Adrian Brody did a fine job as the lone mercenary type.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Brody did a fine job at sucking hardcore.With his crappy forced voice a la Batman.
Watching him trying to mimick Dutch with the mud and torch was almost comical despite the pain.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Royce was the best part of the movie for me as well, thought he did a great job.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Mar 14, 2016, 03:34:57 PM
Brody did a fine job at sucking hardcore.With his crappy forced voice a la Batman.
Watching him trying to mimick Dutch with the mud and torch was almost comical despite the pain.

Lol! What 'Batman Voice'? He never once tried a phony baritone voice. As for the mud, he tried it with multiple fires too disrupt the Berserkers Thermal Vision. I don't remember Dutch doing the same.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I loved the fires. I thought it was a smart touch.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 14, 2016, 06:52:17 PM
I loved the fires. I thought it was a smart touch.

So did I, it was a nice spin on the mud idea. It also showed Royce's ingenuity.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 14, 2016, 06:16:44 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Mar 14, 2016, 03:34:57 PM

Lol! What 'Batman Voice'? He never once tried a phony baritone voice. As for the mud, he tried it with multiple fires too disrupt the Berserkers Thermal Vision. I don't remember Dutch doing the same.

You know that forced voice he used to look badass,kinda like Bale when he played Batman.
Dutch sets a fire.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Mar 14, 2016, 07:59:05 PMDutch sets a fire.

Not to hide himself. It's just a signal to let the Predator know he's there.

Royce actually used the flames for concealment. It was one of the few times I thought Predators was genuinely clever.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 14, 2016, 08:02:18 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Mar 14, 2016, 07:59:05 PMDutch sets a fire.

Not to hide himself. It's just a signal to let the Predator know he's there.

Royce actually used the flames for concealment. It was one of the few times I thought Predators was genuinely clever.

That ,but the fire was also used To spot the pred , he had To approach  the fire, making him very visible and
Slow,a perfect target for Dutch.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I for one liked Royce. They set him up as being unlikable but in the end the dude was just trying to survive like everyone else. I also like how he was aware of his surroundings and always thinking one or two steps ahead. Instead of just walking into it like most character do in this movie. It also showed why military training is important in combat vs the average street thug mentality.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I had no beef with Royce.  The actor was perhaps an unusual choice for an action hero, but he played it well.  He had a good arc.  He started on one side of the arc and his value changed completely by the time he was on the other end.  He came out a different person.

overthere

overthere

Royce was an interesting and believable character. Brody did a great job.

I'm not familiar with his previous roles enough to associate him with other roles that are polar opposites from this one. I just knew he was the guy from Pianist and that's it. He's probably the best thing about Predators.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Other than Predators, I only really know him from Splice. Which was a different kind of film. I still think he was good as Royce. I really liked that he was less of an overly muscular guy but someone who had his wits about him.

Original Predator

Original Predator

Arnold should be in this.  Plain and simple.  Anyone who says otherwise you are over-thinking it AND you have a ton of other crappy Pred movies to be your guide.  AVP's, Predators....  They were C-level (Predators you can argue was "B"-level, some cool stuff).  Pred and Pred 2 are legit movies.  You need to bring legitimacy back to this thing.   Not some campy comic-book-like irrationality. 

Arnold being old is no matter, if anything it brings a sense of REALITY back to the screen.  Also Arnold leading a pack of Preds is LOL.  No doubt he LOL'd at Rodriguez on that one and said "no thanks".

Shane Black knows the gameplan that got Pred to be legit and he's gonna get back to that gameplan. AKA Arnold.  And Arnold knows it too.

It's gonna happen and it's looooooooooooooong over due.  Can't wait to add "The Predator" to my movie shelf and finally toss AVP's to the garabage and move "Predators" to the bottom shelf.  It's pretty bad when my 10 year old loll's at the movies after Pred 1 and 2, asking after...."Why didn't Arnold come back?"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed