VMP2: PREDATOR 2: Is the City Hunter Predator "bad blood"?

Started by Voodoo Magic, Feb 12, 2019, 05:13:36 PM

Author
VMP2: PREDATOR 2: Is the City Hunter Predator "bad blood"? (Read 21,517 times)

Samhain13

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 13, 2019, 07:35:54 PM
Wait a minute, how do we really know anyone was skinned alive?

Spoiler
Saying skinned dead doesn't have the same impact.
[close]

Well we know that Pussyface killed the criminals before skinning them.

Voodoo Magic

It would, but I never bought they were skinned alive. Or somehow Dutch glancing at their hanging, skinned, disemboweled bodies, that he can somehow tell what they died of. Calling Doctor Dutch! ;D

"Skinned Alive!" It's just a commonly used english trope, used when arguing with Dillon.

Quote from: SM on Feb 13, 2019, 07:30:49 PM
Would skinning a man alive count as sadistic?

To us it is, but to a Predator who views us the same way a hunter would view a bear it probably isn't.

I know right? Let alone multiple people, four I believe. Skinned alive. While all wearing gear. Clothing. They were all captured, without injury, then de-armed, de-geared, de-clothed, and then de-skinned while flailing around.

Or perhaps they were just skinned dead like King Willie's posse in "Predator 2"

Kradan

Sorry for interfering you guys, but it seems for me that here is argument for the sake of argument. There's a lot of facts (no, i'm not gonna name them all) proving that Predators are honorable and a lot of facts proving that they are dishonorable. But what matters is "what you choose to believe" ( this is quote from Prometheus, isn't it? Don't remember actually)

SM

To us it is, but to a Predator who views us the same way a hunter would view a bear it probably isn't.

Ray in AvP-R.

Do game hunters normally skin their targets alive?  Sounds pretty sadistic.

Local Trouble

That's just downright rude.

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 13, 2019, 08:56:55 PM
Sorry for interfering you guys, but it seems for me that here is argument for the sake of argument. There's a lot of facts (no, i'm not gonna name them all) proving that Predators are honorable and a lot of facts proving that they are dishonorable.
There's nothing really saying they're "Honourable", but a lot saying they have guidelines when hunting.

If we can't apply human standards to whether they're honourable or sadistic the argument becomes entirely moot. They're human concepts to begin with.

I really feel like this discussion is going out of its way to try to make everything more ambiguous than it really is. 

Quote from: SM on Feb 13, 2019, 09:13:41 PM
Ray in AvP-R.

Ray was clearly dead after being stabbed, though.

Voodoo Magic

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Feb 13, 2019, 09:50:18 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Feb 13, 2019, 08:56:55 PM
Sorry for interfering you guys, but it seems for me that here is argument for the sake of argument. There's a lot of facts (no, i'm not gonna name them all) proving that Predators are honorable and a lot of facts proving that they are dishonorable.
There's nothing really saying they're "Honourable", but a lot saying they have guidelines when hunting.

If we can't apply human standards to whether they're honourable or sadistic the argument becomes entirely moot. They're human concepts to begin with.

I really feel like this discussion is going out of its way to try to make everything more ambiguous than it really is. 

Ray in AvP-R.

Ray was clearly dead after being stabbed, though.

I'm just going by the dialogue. Morales tells Dallas he was skinned alive after talking to the doctor so it sounds like an informed opinion. Moreso than Dutch saying Hopper was skinned alive to Dillon.

And yeah these conversations always go the same way.

'Predators have honour'
'But x, y and z aren't very honourable'
'Not by humans standards'
' ??? '

Voodoo Magic

That pic up there, is Ray dead. "Skinned alive" is just a trope.

JokersWarPig

Ray in AvP-R.

Not to my knowledge, and I don't think it's possible either. The whole idea behind skinning something is keeping its pelt/skin intact for future use/taxidermy, so if't struggling and fighting you while you do it it would defeat the whole purpose.
Not to mention the fact that you could also get killed by the thing you're trying to skin if it isn't already dead.

SM

Indeed.

Voodoo Magic

It's fair to drawl parallels with Yautja sport hunting morality and human sport hunting morality because they more often than not, mirror each other. Don't hunt the young. Don't hunt the pregnant. Trophy collecting is okay.  Having a great advantage is okay. Camouflage is okay. Advanced weaponry is okay. Bait trickery like duck calls or deer urine is okay. Etc.

SiL

Yeah, they have hunting guidelines. That's not really to do with morality though, even in humans.

I'm also still not seeing what CH does that's remarkably different to the original other than being much more in your face.

SM

SM

Yeah.  Predators shoot you from long range with lasers while they're invisible, and you never know what hit you.  Or that you were even being hunted.

I don't think a bit of trolling with a necklace qualifies them as a bad blood.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Feb 14, 2019, 02:14:01 AM
I don't think a bit trolling with a necklace qualifies them as a bad blood.

That's some high tier of trolling. What an absolute savage Pussyface was. Goddamn Predator troll.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed