Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 565,903 times)

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Just took a good decko at the poll, and I'm surprised the prequels are way behind A3 and Resurrection! They're better movies by far.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I so f**king strongly disagree but... check the age of the thread.

Alien > Aliens > AlienĀ³ > Covenant > Prometheus > Resurrection

SiL

SiL

I'd rather watch Alien 3 but Covenant is the better movie.

SM

SM

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Feb 15, 2024, 08:41:07 AMJust took a good decko at the poll, and I'm surprised the prequels are way behind A3 and Resurrection! They're better movies by far.

They are.  Perhaps not by far - but we only get to pick one favourite, and very few people are going to pick them as a favourite when Alien and Aliens exist.

SiL

SiL

Covenant is a photo finish.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

AlienĀ³ is my Roman Empire

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Prometheus and Covenant have beautiful cinematography, but pretty meh directing IMO.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Feb 15, 2024, 08:41:07 AMJust took a good decko at the poll, and I'm surprised the prequels are way behind A3 and Resurrection! They're better movies by far.
I disagree, as much as I think Alien 3 isn't a good sequel, it's still a good movie on it's own, and it also manages to wrap everything up in a mostly satisfying way too

SiL

SiL

Alien3 shoots itself in the foot by giving the audience all of the answers to Ripley's investigation before she even starts it. We have to wait 45 minutes before we're finally learning anything new.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That being the reason I want the pre test screening pre reshoots cut, I always found it really bizarre in the past when I heard David Fincher submitted it without Chestburster sequence; then through Alien Archive we also found out the notorious Egg at the beginning also got added after the fact. 

You put that together, and that suggests to me, a cut where we only see the evidence of the presence of the Alien in aftermath up until either the candles sequence with Golic or that iconic shot.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 16, 2024, 08:01:30 AMthen through Alien Archive we also found out the notorious Egg at the beginning also got added after the fact. 
We knew that looooooong before. What was new was that it was two eggs.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Ah right.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Would have been so cool to have Fincher's vision without all the studio meddling and stuff. Sad to think we never will.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I still want whatever edit he put together before the mandated changes, that would be good enough frankly.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Clearly I'd love to see that as well. What's also sad is that he still seems to hate it to this day.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed