International Prometheus Launch Trailer

Started by Valaquen, Apr 27, 2012, 01:05:31 AM

Author
International Prometheus Launch Trailer (Read 152,505 times)

e.nygma

Quote from: RoaryUK on Apr 29, 2012, 09:16:18 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2012, 09:12:42 PM
I can't even articulate how f**king amazing this movie is looking.

This shot freaks me the f**k out of me.

Glad to see there'll be some red shirts in the movie, look like deck crewmen. Preeetty sure they're about to be horrifically slaughtered.

I wonder if this is a first look at a suited Space Jockey...!!
maybe Fifield returning to the ship?

Sigglas

Glad to see there'll be some red shirts in the movie, look like deck crewmen. Preeetty sure they're about to be horrifically slaughtered.

Notice that they are wearing different space suits than the Prometheus crew.

Cvalda

Aaaaaaaaaand Holloway continues to irritate like a motherf**ker. And Janek's accent is still really silly.

With this last trailer sort of confirming it for me, I expect this film to be almost completely unlike ALIEN and more like a 50's/60's sci-fi/horror with an inflated budget. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but I was kinda hoping for something more atmospheric and spooky, without any potential for camp or wooden dialogue--"Do you have some kind of agenda in this, Ms. Vickers?" Oh lord. ::)

Expecting this to be a solid blockbuster. Not expecting it to be in the same league as the original trilogy. At any rate, bring on June 8th!

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Sigglas on Apr 29, 2012, 09:18:13 PM

Notice that they are wearing different space suits than the Prometheus crew.

We've seen them before, though.  They've been wielding flamethrowers since the teaser trailer and look like a heavier version of a suit for more industrial work. 

VickersAsh

Quote from: e.nygma on Apr 29, 2012, 09:18:07 PM
maybe Fifield returning to the ship?

i think so too, after Vickers barbecued him /them

Eva

I wonder if the fight among crewmembers we've seen taking place in the hangar bay, happens right after they arrive back with a wounded/infected Fifield. Vickers (with the flamethrower) won't allow him to come onboard and all Hell breaks loose and he goes on a rampage.

I'm thinking Milburn is the one with the total helmet melting, giving him an early and horrible exit from the film

Rick Grimes

Anyone starting to think that somehow all the crew get infected and the xenomorph/facehugger being able to "adapt" to everything it attaches adapts to their helmets and that's why the aliens in the movies later on have those domed shaped skulls as part of their 'mutations'?

OpenMaw

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Apr 29, 2012, 09:19:48 PM
We've seen them before, though.  They've been wielding flamethrowers since the teaser trailer and look like a heavier version of a suit for more industrial work.

Has there been any talk of the actual size of the Prometheus crew in total? Seems like there's about 20 people on board.

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 29, 2012, 09:21:15 PM
Anyone starting to think that somehow all the crew get infected and the xenomorph/facehugger being able to "adapt" to everything it attaches adapts to their helmets and that's why the aliens in the movies later on have those domed shaped skulls as part of their 'mutations'?

Mmno. :) Let the beast rest.

anndrayya

anndrayya

It seems like as time passes that STARBEAST synopsis could be true especially since you can see Vickers transforming in 1 of the shots. She hits 1 of the crew. I actually liked that synopsis that was floating around. at the 2:27 mark something is going on with the left side of her face and her skull looks discolored by her ponytail.

e.nygma

Quote from: Eva on Apr 29, 2012, 09:20:50 PM
I wonder if the fight among crewmembers we've seen taking place in the hangar bay, happens right after they arrive back with a wounded/infected Fifield. Vickers (with the flamethrower) won't allow him to come onboard and all Hell breaks loose and he goes on a rampage.

I'm thinking Milburn is the one with the total helmet melting, giving him an early and horrible exit from the film
Millburn gets the full acid melt and fifield only a partial. SO, fifield would be the first scene(alson present in the very first teaser) and millburn the second. or are they the same shots??? I dont see galsess in any one of them.. ???

Mastes1

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 29, 2012, 09:21:15 PM

No.

Gash

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 09:18:55 PM

With this last trailer sort of confirming it for me, I expect this film to be almost completely unlike ALIEN and more like a 50's/60's sci-fi/horror with an inflated budget.

Pretty much like  A   L   I   E   N   then.

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 09:18:55 PMExpecting this to be a solid blockbuster. Not expecting it to be in the same league as the original trilogy. At any rate, bring on June 8th!

I'm expecting it to be a damn sight finer than 2 of those films.

Bat Chain Puller

Cvalda. You were your apprehensions like armor!

I hope Ridley melts your defenses and assimilates you like it'd 1979!
Spoiler
[close]

But it looks like he's in that wide shot of the survivors returning. On the far left of the picture?

Eva

Quote from: e.nygma on Apr 29, 2012, 09:24:26 PM

Millburn gets the full acid melt and fifield only a partial. SO, fifield would be the first scene(alson present in the very first teaser) and millburn the second. or are they the same shots??? I dont see galsess in any one of them.. ???

Look at Cvaldas screengrabs - the guy whose helmet melts on his face wears glasses (you can make out the rim). I don't believe Milburn makes it back alive - he's toast. Perhaps they bring his body or they leave his remains behind so they can hurry back with the alive victims.

Holloway doesn't look like he's in great shape either. Isn't he the one being supported by Shaw and Ford, screaming in agony, but looking sort of ok... (meaing his face hasn't melted or anything...yet)?

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 29, 2012, 09:22:20 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Apr 29, 2012, 09:19:48 PM

Has there been any talk of the actual size of the Prometheus crew in total? Seems like there's about 20 people on board.

Well, it's not mentioned in any of the ships viral blueprints.  Looks like there is Vickers, Shaw, Holloway, David, pilots Chance and Ravel, cap. Janek, Milburn, Fifield, Ford, 2+ "mercs" and their "cargo," and that's all I can think of.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed