ACM Status Update #2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 19, 2010, 11:24:40 AM

Author
ACM Status Update #2 (Read 156,902 times)

predxeno

predxeno

Weren't their rumors and such that Rebellion wants to do a sequel to AVP2010?

Brother

Brother

They said so themselves about a year ago.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jan 08, 2011, 06:29:52 AM
I do realize that Rebellion tried to some degree for our sakes but somewhere Sega does know AvP3 was a failure compared to most of its competition. And being the corporate f**ks they are they sure as hell won't blame it on themselves so it was immediately Rebellion's fault in their eyes.

Warts and all AvP was one of Sega's most successful games last year bad scores or not. So I think in Sega's eyes they see potential for future successes with the Alien and AvP (and possibly Predator) franchises. It was said that Rebellion was rushed into releasing AvP after the license was handed of by Vivendi. I don't know how true that is, but if it was maybe with some time and more funding Rebellion could create something closer to the classic two AvP games.

In any case I think Sega see the possibility for some really great sales from this franchise.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

But I am sure they also see all the hate and flame they got for f**king it up. (Yes I know they never truly replied to our flames but I am sure they saw it)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

We all have our opinions on AVP, but let's keep them on that board and get back to discussing Colonial Marines.

Razz

Razz

If there is anything to discuss apart from debating info from 2008 and the fact its not coming out this year.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

No...  ;)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I have some not so great news.

No Aliens: Colonial Marines in 2011

Brother

Brother

Old news TJ.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

BUT IT WAS NEW TO MEEEEeeeee...  :(

Oh well. Bummer.

Brother

Brother

From Eurogamer, Randy P. says the info from NeoGAF is false.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-10-gearbox-denies-new-aliens-cm-delay

predxeno

predxeno

If that's true; what a relief.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

^If its not true then its a lie about a lie about the truth?

predxeno

predxeno

I miss the good old days of my life; where anytime I found out about this awesome new movie or game, it was thru a TV commercial or trailer.  There were no attempts to dig out info this early on, I just waited and saw what I got, all of it 100% official.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jan 11, 2011, 03:21:21 AM
^If its not true then its a lie about a lie about the truth?

Spoiler
WE NEED TO GO DEEPER
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed