Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2

Started by ShadowPred, Oct 27, 2013, 05:03:04 AM

Author
Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2 (Read 56,399 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: RobThom on Oct 31, 2013, 03:09:39 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 31, 2013, 03:06:33 AM
Quote from: RobThom on Oct 31, 2013, 03:00:10 AM

Quote from: Rong on Oct 31, 2013, 02:47:23 AM..., no point getting ocd over what is essentially a piece of fiction.

Interesting.

Would we be discussing this without OCD over a piece of fiction?
What do you mean?

Rong is right, by the way.

(god it felt weird typing that sentence :P )

I'm not sure how I could be more obvious?

There wouldn't be franchises and websites and discussions focused on fictional worlds without "OCD" about it?

(Explaining things seems even more obtuse.)
I see what you mean now.

I guess people's threshold of "OCD" varies from person to person. There's a ton of minutiae I see discussed on this forum that makes me say "wow, who gives a shit, seriously", but instead I just don't get involved in those discussions and let people talk about what they want to talk about.
Seems sensible to me.

RobThom

RobThom

Quote from: Rong link=topic=49329.msg1800692#msg1800692

They are called fan sites not bitch out sites
/quote]

I dont get it?
How do you mean?

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 31, 2013, 03:12:40 AM
I guess people's threshold of "OCD" varies from person to person. There's a ton of minutiae I see discussed on this forum that makes me say "wow, who gives a shit, seriously", ...

But there wouldn't be fan sites without obsessive interest.

Its almost the definition.

Quote from: SM on Oct 31, 2013, 03:05:28 AM

Fox pays him enough to not derail the entire franchise just for shits and giggles. 

The last thing modern ridley would be interested in is derailing a franchise!

SM

I realize I have rather... radical beliefs, all I ask is for people to respect yet not understand these beliefs the same way I respect yet not understand how AVPR is supposedly the worse film in the franchise and how A:CM somehow destroys all continuity with Hicks' forced, yet canon, revival.

Some things - in this case A:CM - don't deserve any respect.

And I think by any measure, AvPR is the worst...

RobThom

RobThom

@ the bloke who was talking about disney and star wars, that been toast for 13 years.

And Ridley,
ironically the same way he made Alien in Star Wars' wake,
is gonna do the same thing if they enable him.

Quote from: SM on Oct 31, 2013, 03:24:31 AM
I realize I have rather... radical beliefs, all I ask is for people to respect yet not understand these beliefs the same way I respect yet not understand how AVPR is supposedly the worse film in the franchise and how A:CM somehow destroys all continuity with Hicks' forced, yet canon, revival.

I dont get it?

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: SM on Oct 31, 2013, 03:24:31 AM

Some things - in this case A:CM - don't deserve any respect.

And I think by any measure, AvPR is the worst...

I'm talking about my views, one step at a time, soldier. ;)

Quote from: RobThom on Oct 31, 2013, 03:28:07 AM
@ the bloke who was talking about disney and star wars, that been toast for 13 years.

That's me, and I'm sorry but you'll have to rephrase your sentence a bit better because I don't quite understand it.  I take it English isn't your first language?

Quote from: RobThom on Oct 31, 2013, 03:28:07 AM

I dont get it?

You're new here so you don't know much about me, but I have... unique tastes in film.  Personally, AVPR is my 3rd favorite film in the franchise, second to Aliens and Predators respectively.  Also, while I detest the single-player aspect of the main campaign for Aliens: Colonial Marines, I don't really see any continuity problems inherent in it that can't eventually be explained away, same goes for the AVP films.  Very few people would publicly state that they share this opinion.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 31, 2013, 03:37:57 AMVery few people would publicly state that they share this opinion.

Isn't that a fancy way of saying, 'no one agrees with me, but I want to make it look like they do'?

predxeno

I prefer to be impartial in my arguments and it is an astronomical impossibility that I'm the only person who likes AVPR and certain aspects of A:CM (though I admit I am in the minority here), but as I'm sure you're all aware very few people would be capable of facing this amount of persecution for one's views.

Mr. Clemens

Well, I am ready and willing to be 'persecuted' for my dislike of AvPR!  :)

predxeno

Don't flatter yourself, you're in the ingroup here, it's only the outgroups that matter. ;)

Rong

To be honest it would be weird with your username to hate avp.

predxeno

Lol, that would create a conflict of interest.  I'm a criminal justice major so that's funny for me. :D

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Darth Vile on Oct 30, 2013, 07:41:23 AM
Anyone who seriously thinks that AVP is, in any way, 'better' or has more technical merit that Prometheus needs a lesson in filmmaking and art appreciation... Promtheus' deleted scenes have more technical merit than AVP :/

I did not say any AVP film is better than Prometheus.
I said, and i repeat, i would rather hear news of a new AVP movie being made that still took place in the present than news about a new Prometheus movie.

In my post there wasnt any discussion about the existing films.

RobThom

RobThom

@ predxeno,
are you being unique?
Or just being weird?

Should I take you like AVP seriously?

Some people do.
And in that case you do have an argument!

Horrible taste?
But an argument.

There are people that like the prometheus, and the star wars sequels.
It seems strange to me, but its fair.

There are.

Lets everybody hold hands and heal PredXeno!

Heal...
HEAL....

Xenopred,
there are people who care about you!

Nobody has a right to force you to like aliens verses predator!

Infected

Well the whole crew is gone only Shaw and David remain and maybe Vickers,
so if they focus only on Shaw and David, then he must come up with a very good story to keep everybody exited.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Quote from: Infected on Oct 31, 2013, 01:36:18 PM
Well the whole crew is gone only Shaw and David remain and maybe Vickers,
so if they focus only on Shaw and David...

Nah, they'll send the Colonial Marines...Gearbox version  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed