Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 749,975 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

The true answer is that there isn't one. There is no satisfying or logical answer to why the egg is on the Sulaco in Alien 3. That's just the reality of it, nobody making that movie cared about continuity issues.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Another possibility is two eggs were stored in the lab, like the two alive facehuggers. Bishop didn't mention them, leaving the attention on the huggers, why he smuggled the eggs on board. That's actually an ingenious tactic, worthy of David.

SiL

SiL

That's not at all possible. The marines were in there first. The first dropship exploded, after having sat on the tarmac after landing. Bishop obviously did not take eggs with him into the tunnel.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Sweet sassy mollasy  :-\

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on Sep 21, 2021, 10:51:47 PM
That's not at all possible. The marines were in there first. The first dropship exploded, after having sat on the tarmac after landing. Bishop obviously did not take eggs with him into the tunnel.

Your saying its impossible Bishop got the eggs when he went alone to align the dish [the drop-ship that explodes wasn't piloted by Bishop]? I think its plausible.

As for eggs in the lab alternative, the Marines may not have focused on them being distracted by the Face Huggers or the eggs were stored somewhere hidden, perhaps a Weyland employee was given orders to hide them and so Bishop retrieves them.

I mean Ash obviously had orders to retrieve the Xenomorph. Why is it inconceivable to believe Bishop, another Android wasn't programmed by the company?

Plus it would add to religious symbolism, Bishop is the bishop and Ripley is the Host, The Eucharist; she even dies in Alien 3 in the shape of the cross.

426Buddy

426Buddy

It's like we are speaking different languages.

This is why SM left us

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 21, 2021, 11:19:32 PM
It's like we are speaking different languages.

This is why SM left us

Well you are Xeno, and I am Yautja (our avvies). So.. :D

SiL

SiL

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Sep 21, 2021, 11:11:09 PM

Your saying its impossible Bishop got the eggs when he went alone to align the dish [the drop-ship that explodes wasn't piloted by Bishop]? I think its plausible.
It's not. He doesn't have time to get out there and back. It's like ten minutes to fly, let alone crawl.

QuoteAs for eggs in the lab alternative, the Marines may not have focused on them being distracted by the Face Huggers or the eggs were stored somewhere hidden, perhaps a Weyland employee was given orders to hide them and so Bishop retrieves them.
Absolutely none of this is suggested or supported by the film. And, again, he very obviously does not carry eggs into the tunnel.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on Sep 21, 2021, 11:24:38 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Sep 21, 2021, 11:11:09 PM

It's not. He doesn't have time to get out there and back. It's like ten minutes to fly, let alone crawl.

QuoteAs for eggs in the lab alternative, the Marines may not have focused on them being distracted by the Face Huggers or the eggs were stored somewhere hidden, perhaps a Weyland employee was given orders to hide them and so Bishop retrieves them.
Absolutely none of this is suggested or supported by the film. And, again, he very obviously does not carry eggs into the tunnel.

I agree now that he had no time tp get eggs when he went to the dish, he explains how long to crawl there, prep the ship and etc. So you are right.

As for a Weyland employee hiding eggs for Bishop, I think that works, but yes there is no support for it in the film, but I like the theory, it then makes all androids a threat in all Alien films save Ressurection.

Huggs

Huggs

Sometimes it just comes down to the fact that "life finds a way".

SiL

SiL

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Sep 21, 2021, 11:29:50 PM
As for a Weyland employee hiding eggs for Bishop, I think that works, but yes there is no support for it in the film, but I like the theory, it then makes all androids a threat in all Alien films save Ressurection.
Bishop doesn't work for the Company. He doesn't carry any eggs with him. It doesn't work :laugh:

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on Sep 21, 2021, 11:50:41 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Sep 21, 2021, 11:29:50 PM
Bishop doesn't work for the Company. He doesn't carry any eggs with him. It doesn't work :laugh:

He doesn't work for the Company? Gosh I need to rewatch Aliens soon and pay attention to certain parts.

I still say it can work. :p

SiL

SiL

Assuming there are mystery eggs, how does he get them to the dropship without anyone seeing? He doesn't take them in the tunnel, they're not there when Ripley and Hicks arrive.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on Sep 22, 2021, 12:16:25 AM
Assuming there are mystery eggs, how does he get them to the dropship without anyone seeing? He doesn't take them in the tunnel, they're not there when Ripley and Hicks arrive.

Could it be when he left and Ripley w/Newt arrive at the landing pad and she shouts "Bishop! Damn you!"? We know Hicks passed out from hus injury and morphine.

SiL

SiL

So he flew back to the colony, where all the Aliens are, left Hicks unconscious where all the Aliens are, grabbed the eggs, then went back to pick up Ripley?

Then how did he get them off the dropship if he gets town in half when he steps off?

None of it works.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed