Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 751,589 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Which is primarily British and Japanese...

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 26, 2019, 07:58:44 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 26, 2019, 03:24:45 PM
It's funny, general Alien3 annoyances came up, so I mentioned this as one of mine, not realizing it would have triggered such a debate. In retrospect I should have created its own thread for it!

This is the exact type of natural and positive derailment I mentioned the other week! I don't think there's any harm done, and the original topic is so eternal it'll steer itself back on track soon enough.

Ha! Indeed!  Good example!  Very true.  :)

Huggs

Huggs

Frank laid the second egg.

And royal facehuggers can influence regular facehuggers.

SM

SM

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 26, 2019, 08:16:24 PM
Which is primarily British and Japanese...

It was primarily British and Japanese once upon a time based on its founders.  But based on the staff in Alien, Aliens, and Covenant, it's mostly American.

razeak

razeak

I haven't read all the current novels or I may have missed it in the ones I have, but is there any idea of the political makeup of Earth around Alien 3? I may just be having a problem recalling what it is.

My impression is that WY is obviously involved in everything due to crony capitalism. Does the USA or UK exist as we know them today during Alien-Alien 3? I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but the Technical Manual seemed to imply there were still sovereign nations. I need to check that when I get home tonight. Is anything in it considered canon anyway?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The upcoming RPG is probably your best place for that. Without going into the PDF to check the specifics, you can find the different political powers on the galactic map they released.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Earth Hive talks a bit about how Earth works I think. Its suppose to be set after Alien 3 even with the Wilks/Bille thing. WY isn't involved though, its the government and other corporations doing the stuff.

Quote from: razeak on Aug 06, 2019, 12:39:43 PM
Does the USA or UK exist as we know them today during Alien-Alien 3?

The only stuff I remember going as far as mentioning existing countries/factions would Steel Egg, Covenant Origins. Those are meant to be before Alien though. The post-Alien 3 EU that happens to mentions Earth does it in the general sense and very briefly. Oh I think Sea of Sorrows mentions some countries too, that's Post-AR.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The United States Colonial Marines sporting the American flag is a pretty good indicator that the USA still exists as a global power.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 06, 2019, 01:01:38 PM
The upcoming RPG is probably your best place for that. Without going into the PDF to check the specifics, you can find the different political powers on the galactic map they released.

Quite a beautiful map.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 06, 2019, 03:08:02 PM
The United States Colonial Marines sporting the American flag is a pretty good indicator that the USA still exists as a global power.

Well....ummmm....what happened was...derp.

Samhain13

Samhain13

US Space Force is canon.

SM

SM

QuoteDoes the USA or UK exist as we know them today during Alien-Alien 3?

More or less.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

USA just got a lot bigger is all.

SM

SM

Don't think so.

Unless you're talking about space.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The United Americas thing. Or are the original states still a semi-separate entity within that?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed