Any news on Noomi Rapace?

Started by x-M-x, Dec 18, 2015, 06:56:41 PM

Author
Any news on Noomi Rapace? (Read 50,960 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Ha this is a thread about whether or not Noomi Rapace will be back and all everyone wants to talk about is how the alien isn't alien enough and should in no way be related to humans. Totally agree btw.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You know fans, we're passionate and often go off on tangents!  :laugh:

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2016, 08:33:07 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 06, 2016, 08:53:17 PM
Nah, Prometheus showed the alien in the mural so they couldn't have been made by man or David. Though I can see David sexing them up with a perfect golden blond hair. :P

I still don't think that's an Alien. It looks more like the Deacon to me.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 07, 2016, 05:48:17 AM
I think you had something there until you got all rapy.  The idea that David added the biomechanical aspect to the xenomorphs is quite clever actually.  I mean when androids get cut in half, did you see all the tubing?  The stuff Bishop had inside looks similar to the tubes of the side of the Alien head.  Wrong color, but you get what I mean.  The acid for blood could be like a battery acid mechanism.  The idea of fusing biology with the mechanical only makes perfect sense with Giger's biomechanics.  It also merges Giger's thought's with Ridley's musings on the relationship between man and his androids.

No offence but it's all quite contrived to me. And whilst I like the Engineers, we've lost the otherworldly and Elder Gold style thing that made the Jockey so enigmatic in the first place (something a lot of people hate in the film) and I wouldn't want to see us lose that in the Aliens as well.

No offense taken. It is absolutely contrived but it is also something I could very much see happening since in Prometheus we establish this idea that this goo basically 'evolves' and makes sinister whatever it comes into contact with and then we have these murals that all but guarantee that these deacons have been around. The Alien series suggests that the Alien takes on the forms of its host so, it seems logical enough for them to go in the direction of David using the goo to 'evolve' things. And it only seems logical that he would then decide to use it to 'evolve' his own kind and we already know there are 'multiple' androids in this so... In doing this its like a mid-point between David 'creating' the xenomorph and evolving it and himself. Who knows what will actually happen.

Im not saying I like it as an so much as Im saying I could see it happening. That's all.
I do however, think I would be far more ok with this idea, than some others I can imagine hollywood trying to pull.

The fact is, I never wanted the Alien to have been created. Or at least, I never wanted to see it's evolution. I had devised my own concept for what the Alien was as a fan for so many years and its not an explicit answer and I like it that way.. It's the one I would have gone with as a writer and now Im lucky to be able to use this idea as my own since Prometheus took such a turn.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2016, 02:22:10 PM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jan 07, 2016, 02:14:51 PM
I am genuinely staggered people actually want Shaw to be the fossilised Jockey from the first film and that David has somehow created the Alien.

What an appalling idea that removes everything alien.

Indeed. That's my biggest fear. That they continue to remove the Alien and connect it more to humanity.

Agree 100%.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 07, 2016, 06:42:30 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 07, 2016, 05:48:17 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Jan 07, 2016, 04:25:58 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Jan 07, 2016, 02:21:38 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 07, 2016, 01:57:39 AM
Dude I'll admit it, when it gets late at night I'm bored as f**k and my mind wanders into the strangest places. Which is probably why I'm an alien fan.  ;)

Speaking for pretty much everyone on this forum there, I should imagine.  Well, certainly myself, at any rate.

Actually, I was also thinking something strange like this. The difference bw the Big Chap and the Deacon is the biomechanical aspect, right? So I was thinking, what f David finds a way to use the Black Goo to infect himself? And then the resulting xeno, takes on the biomechanical aspects of the androids.
Its a somewhat logical way to work that in.
Or in my excitably f**ked up mind, a better way to handle this is for David to infect himself and then rape Shaw, and then, pregnant with their baby, she steals the derlict to escape and she crash lands on LV426, trying to get his baby away from him and save us from the doom their baby - the first queen - would inflict upon the earth. That is, until the NOSTROMO finds it!
FIN

I think you had something there until you got all rapy.  The idea that David added the biomechanical aspect to the xenomorphs is quite clever actually.  I mean when androids get cut in half, did you see all the tubing?  The stuff Bishop had inside looks similar to the tubes of the side of the Alien head.  Wrong color, but you get what I mean.  The acid for blood could be like a battery acid mechanism.  The idea of fusing biology with the mechanical only makes perfect sense with Giger's biomechanics.  It also merges Giger's thought's with Ridley's musings on the relationship between man and his androids.
Yea the rapey part is way to Prometheus™ themed. Still a robot-alien hybrid isn't exactly all inspiring either.

I didn't mean it in the sense that there would be an ANdroid-alien-hybrid though. I mean it in the sense that by using the goo on himself David finds a way to introduce the biomechanical aspects to the deacon - thus creating the xenomorph as we already know it. In a larger sense, I also mean to suggest that David discovers how to merge the engineer's tech with the goo altogether and thus create the entire Biomechanical theme and atmosphere which was present in Alien but absent in Prometheus.

Again, Im not entirely into this idea. Its too 'neat' IMO. I like things to be more ambiguous. I had just thought of it at some point.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

This is a problem that plagues all long-running series. The need by both the pros and the fans to "connect the dots" and thus make the strange and wonderful and exciting mythos ever so small.

Not only was I never too keen on the idea of the Jockey's being related to the humans, I actually liked the idea that they weren't related to the aliens, either. That whatever the origin of the alien was, the Jockey was some other thing that entered the fray. A bigger universe. Who knows where either of them comes from.

Astronoë

Astronoë

"big things have small beginnings" he touched the goo...nothing happened..

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Astronoë on Jan 14, 2016, 10:46:20 PM
Give the robot 10 years, and he could conceivably figure something out.

Stolen

Stolen

Noomi Rapace will be there, no worries
and in a much more important role as people think

Astronoë

Astronoë

Quote from: CainsSon on Jan 15, 2016, 06:39:55 AM
Quote from: Astronoë on Jan 14, 2016, 10:46:20 PM
Give the robot 10 years, and he could conceivably figure something out.

Black Goo ignored David, treated him as an object that isn't living, like a rock or piece of plastic, nothing there to work with.

I think Shaw/Lara Croft will go Tomb raiding on Planet-Paradise

David will go after other facilities on the planet, that have more to do with science n industry, to rebuild himself, to contact Weyland Yutani (draw more 'test subjects') n find non-philosophical answers as opposite to Shaw who might find some old timer benevolent clergy-Engineer.

so yeah, Shaw prob won't appear in Alien: Covenant except for maybe first scene or so where she n David split up n go different directions, no point in having Shaw around in the movie when you got so many new people from ship Covenant they will (?) build up..

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Stolen on Jan 15, 2016, 07:57:19 PM

This.  We all know Scott loves throwing red herrings at his audience.  We always gobble them up, too.  Scott likes to mess with his audience - Us.  So until more of 2016 rolls out and we actually start seeing more concrete News, I'm just happy to sit and see what comes along next.

-Windebieste.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 15, 2016, 10:29:47 PM
Quote from: Stolen on Jan 15, 2016, 07:57:19 PM

This.  We all know Scott loves throwing red herrings at his audience.  We always gobble them up, too.  Scott likes to mess with his audience - Us.  So until more of 2016 rolls out and we actually start seeing more concrete News, I'm just happy to sit and see what comes along next.

-Windebieste.
He does? I thought he just babbles on in public and gives up loads of spoilers! All the time!

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

For what it's worth, IMDB still has her listed as part of Alien Covenant.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 16, 2016, 12:17:15 AMFor what it's worth, IMDB still has her listed as part of Alien Covenant.

IMDb reckoned Danny Webb was back as Morse for about six months.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Don't take IMDB for gospel.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Of course, I would never say that IMDB should be taken as gospel.  That's why I said, "For what it's worth".  Just making an observation on topic.  If she get's killed off screen, we'll never hear the end of it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 18, 2016, 03:55:54 PMIf she get's killed off screen, we'll never hear the end of it.

Only from people who can't get over the fact she's gone ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed