Bugs and Exploits

Started by 343, Mar 14, 2015, 04:24:40 PM

Author
Bugs and Exploits (Read 5,161 times)

Now and then i am playing but this JP54 is really getting on my nerves. He is cheating like hell. Why isn't he banned yet and how or who have i got to contact to get rid of this ###hole?

veis

veis

He's an admin and can get away with it. It's one of the reasons I stopped playing the game. Now I just inform people about it and play the 2010 game, which is my favorite anyway.

Thanks for the reply, veis.
Admin...does that mean he is also the owner?

veis

veis

No problem. No one person owns anything really. Admins and server developers for this game to my knowledge are not mutually exclusive. Just because there is a main admin doesn't mean he did most of the work in making the game. It was a collective effort. I will say this, the people who actually made this server did do a good job in their goal. You can find the list of those that helped develop it in the patch readme if I recall correctly.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Cheating admins... what is this world coming to? :-\

DT

DT

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Mar 15, 2015, 01:33:53 AM
Cheating admins... what is this world coming to? :-\
Nah, no worries. His not cheating. :) Just people spreading rumors as usual. Anyway, this topic wasnt about JP. ^^
Theres a vote in avpunknown about 2.1.1 patch - should we add some custom maps in the patch or not. Go and vote! Every vote counts. :)

veis

veis

Leave it to another admin to cover each other's backs. Let's assume all admins never "hack" 100% of the time just for the sake of argument. Abusing a stagger GLITCH is still cheating as it is an exploit. Admins should serve as an example to all other players. I noticed that according to the patch notes in this thread that the sniper rifle stagger is banned but the Pulse Rifle stagger that admins abuse is still there. Hmm, why is that chaps? I'm not saying everyone involved in the MS is guilty, and in general, this server project was well done with good intentions, but people need to be aware of this before playing, and even if they aren't, they'll figure it out while playing like I did.

JP

JP

Monolith had the chance to fix stagger but they didnt and its allowed on almost every server now, so you arrived 10 years late to the argument. If you are outraged by how things are run and you can only complain then you should move to another game, i assure you that you wont be missed.

Thanks again, veis.
Quote from: JP on Mar 15, 2015, 02:50:26 PM
Monolith had the chance to fix stagger but they didnt and its allowed on almost every server now, so you arrived 10 years late to the argument. If you are outraged by how things are run and you can only complain then you should move to another game, i assure you that you wont be missed.
You are a rather pathetic person, JP. How is it fun for you? To cheat on this game? The fun is to compete with other players on equal terms.
This is sick behavior. People would cheer if you would go away.

JP

JP

Everyone can stagger too. If you chose just to walk around with the minigun you can seriously expect for bullets to fly harmlessly next to you.

Well i guess you will have to hold your cheers indefinetely

Quote from: JP on Mar 15, 2015, 04:24:42 PM
Everyone can stagger too. If you chose just to walk around with the minigun you can seriously expect for bullets to fly harmlessly next to you.

Well i guess you will have to hold your cheers indefinetely
I don't want to stagger or whatever. I want to play fair and not this moronic cheating.

I will cheer you are a loser so i will cheer forever.

veis

veis

Can you read? I said I DID stop playing, but I am going to continue to inform others on sites like this. Clearly stagger can be fixed by the MS devs through a patch as they fixed the sniper rifle. You say staggering is justified as everyone can do it. There are some, like 343, who don't know how to stagger or don't want to. Well everyone can rapid sniper too, but that is being fixed. Hell, everyone can learn to hack, but that's considered cheating. Why the double standard? See, this is how some of the admins act, like freaking children. Before someone misinterprets this as an attack on the entire staff, it isn't. Just for the hypocrites like JP. I congratulate the hard word and effort that went into this project by those involved, but the perpetrators on this subject need to take responsibility and change their ways.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: veis on Mar 15, 2015, 10:22:29 PMClearly stagger can be fixed by the MS devs through.

I'll look into that.

veis

veis

Thank you xMX! I appreciate that you acknowledged this issue and maybe this can make the game more friendly to new players who are unaware of what staggering is and perhaps make the game more balanced overall.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: veis on Mar 15, 2015, 11:34:24 PM
Thank you xMX! I appreciate that you acknowledged this issue and maybe this can make the game more friendly to new players who are unaware of what staggering is and perhaps make the game more balanced overall.

This was talked about in 2009/10 we just never got around the 'issue' but thanks for bringing it up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed