Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 77,464 times)

Xenomrph

That's why you stand on the tail with one foot! Think, man! Think!

Perfect-Organism

Damn I almost had him this time!

Still Collating...

In David's voice: You're such a disappointment to me.

Ultramorph

I'm jonesing for those Feb 2019 solicitations! I need more info on this series.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 16, 2018, 06:35:49 PM
The dorsal appendages are out of proportion but the illustration is awesome.

Ive often thought about how the dorsal appendages would affect the Alien in a fight.  Firstly, the lengthy head gives a lot of leverage to twist the alien's neck.  Secondly, the minute the alien tilts his head, he's stuck on the central dorsal fin, or even unable to turn his head.

Sooo.... for me, it's basically one uppercut, and then I reach around to grab the back of the head and keep it stuck among the dorsal arrangement.  Got him!

Arrgh!  The tail!  Between my legs!  Owww!

They're better proportioned actually, than the original. An Isolation enhancement.
And as Isolation and Covenant showed, all the dorsal appendages are flexible and don't effect articulation.

Doubtful you'd get within reach of the head before the inner jaw, tail or claws disemboweled you.

Nostromo

Why can't every Alien just look like big chap, cries.

The Kurgan

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 16, 2018, 08:09:46 PM

Ive often thought about how the dorsal appendages would affect the Alien in a fight.  Firstly, the lengthy head gives a lot of leverage to twist the alien's neck.  Secondly, the minute the alien tilts his head, he's stuck on the central dorsal fin, or even unable to turn his head.

Sooo.... for me, it's basically one uppercut, and then I reach around to grab the back of the head and keep it stuck among the dorsal arrangement.  Got him!

They're better proportioned actually, than the original. An Isolation enhancement.
And as Isolation and Covenant showed, all the dorsal appendages are flexible and don't effect articulation.

Doubtful you'd get within reach of the head before the inner jaw, tail or claws disemboweled you.

Not if it's the AVP:R ones. You just have to grab their neck and they will do absolutly nothing to stop you.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: TheKurgan on Nov 16, 2018, 11:10:38 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Nov 16, 2018, 08:09:46 PM

Not if it's the AVP:R ones. You just have to grab their neck and they will do absolutly nothing to stop you.

AvP:R Aliens against A:CM Aliens. I want to see that fight.

The Old One

The Old One

My brother once jokingly said that the AVPR Aliens are born half-baked because they come from Chet's weird reproduction.
And if Chet is as stupid as he looks, there's no threat worth talking about.

Which makes Wolf all the more embarrassing.
In my head the AVPR Warriors "personality"
is what I imagined the K--Series were as a kid.
Utterly abhorrent useless clones.

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe it wasn't a movie, but gameplay footage for a unreleased video game. Also, it was tested in the easier than easy mode of difficulty.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 17, 2018, 02:27:22 AM
Maybe it wasn't a movie, but gameplay footage for a unreleased video game. Also, it was tested in the easier than easy mode of difficulty.

Ultimate Wuss mode. Opposite of Ultimate Badass.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 17, 2018, 02:28:37 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 17, 2018, 02:27:22 AM

Ultimate Wuss mode. Opposite of Ultimate Badass.

:laugh:

Xenomrph

Quote from: Nostromo on Nov 16, 2018, 09:44:14 PM
Why can't every Alien just look like big chap, cries.
Personally I'm very okay with different artists and creators putting their own spin on the Alien. In my head, the Alien doesn't have one set "shape".

The Old One

The Old One

It does-

H.R Giger defined it.
It's an phallic-headed gaunt- chitinous "man" with a tail, always.
Beautiful and elegant in its own way, as Giger would say.

We've seen some fantastic deviances from the original design, with those basic tenant's in mind.
The Big Chap, Isolation Alien, The Runner, The Labyrinth Alien design, The 'Protomorph" Alien.
And absolute garbage when they aren't adhered to.
The AVPR PredAlien, The AVP & AVPR Alien.
Nearly every "Hybrid" in the comics.

The Neomorph is the one exception, thanks to Carlos Huante.
& That essentially kept the same ideas, swapped the smoke stacks for spikes.
Phallic head for pointed head, biomechanical skin for a translucent humanoid skin.
Inner jaw, for the deep sea- real life equivalent. Pharyngeal jaw.

The fact that it's the stipped down most basic, beastial version of the Alien we know is why-
the design works so well, it reflects what it is functionally. The most basic version of the Alien.

Perfect-Organism

I have to agree with you. Giger's design was a stroke of genius.  Though it looks like it came about through a lifetime of personal torment and bad dreams expressed in art rather than on a whim like the artists that followed him.  You can't top that.

Only James Cameron's queen design comes close to matching Giger's original Alien in its sheer beauty if not its sexual connotations.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed