Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Rating Predi...
Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 07:56:42 PM
Re-watching the series with my father recently, Since the new alien movies is coming out. The only movie that I haven't seen recently is aliens, but I think I'll put it in a positive spot.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Ridley Scott
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 07:56:37 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Today at 07:46:25 PMIt's funny - I'm used to thinking that Ridley directed only 4 sci fi movies - Alien, BR, Prometheus and Covenant and completely forget about The Martian

I get that tbh. I really like The Martian, but when I think Ridley Scott sci-fi, I also think more along those four films (plus Raised By Wolves, and even a lot of his commercial work like the 1984 riff for Apple or The Seven Worlds) and their very Metal Hurlant/MÅ“bius-esque influence; those movies are pulp comics treated with utter reverence in their execution on screen.

The Martian is a whole different animal, playing on heightened, but still semi-plausible, NASA tech and ideas that's much more grounded in our current reality. It's drawing from a whole different pool, more comparable to something like For All Mankind or Ad Astra than Ridley's other sci-fi.
Last post by aliens13 - Today at 07:53:32 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Today at 07:46:25 PMIt's funny - I'm used to thinking that Ridley directed only 4 sci fi movies - Alien, BR, Prometheus and Covenant and completely forget about The Martian

Quote from: E. Shaw on May 03, 2024, 07:27:07 PMI wonder how Ridley feels about his masterpiece topping box office again in 2024?

I have a feeling he's pretty upset that many people know him as "the guy who directed Alien"
I also forget about The Martian all the time 😂
Last post by Kradan - Today at 07:46:25 PM
It's funny - I'm used to thinking that Ridley directed only 4 sci fi movies - Alien, BR, Prometheus and Covenant and completely forget about The Martian

Quote from: E. Shaw on May 03, 2024, 07:27:07 PMI wonder how Ridley feels about his masterpiece topping box office again in 2024?

I have a feeling he's pretty upset that many people know him as "the guy who directed Alien"
Last post by aliens13 - Today at 07:44:48 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Today at 07:40:55 PMI do. But I also rank Aliens above Alien so make of that what you want
Everyone has their preferences, nothing bad with that. Has a kid I also ranked Aliens above Alien and Alien 3 but then I changed my mind, now for me it's Alien - Alien 3 - Aliens
Last post by Kradan - Today at 07:40:55 PM
I do. But I also rank Aliens above Alien so make of that what you want
Alien Films / Re: Tom Skerritt only consider...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 07:39:32 PM
 >:(
Last post by aliens13 - Today at 07:16:01 PM
Quote from: solace97 on Today at 06:52:16 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 03:38:08 PMAlien
Alien 3
Aliens
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Covenant
Prometheus
Alien Resurrection

Alien 3 above Aliens, Covenant above Prometheus, wow.
You will be surprised how many people rank Alien 3 above Aliens, I'm one of those
Last post by aliens13 - Today at 07:13:59 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Today at 06:17:29 PMI like The Martian, but I think Alien: Covenant is better. Haven't seen Exodus.
Yes, me too bit I was talking of the people in general
Last post by solace97 - Today at 06:52:16 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 03:38:08 PMAlien
Alien 3
Aliens
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Covenant
Prometheus
Alien Resurrection

Alien 3 above Aliens, Covenant above Prometheus, wow.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed