Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,307 times)

Ghostface

Ghostface

No matter which way it went in, it's a silly concept. Sure adding MOAR aliens creates a larger threat in theory, but the whole eggbarfing business is rediculous and should be forgotten with the rest of the film.

SM

SM

QuoteI said it, that should be prof enough especially since I see no point in lying in an argument, debate, or flame-fest.

:laugh:

QuoteI do not know who or what it he/she is and I do not care.  I have never heard that name in any videos or that have to do with Aliens or Predators nor seen that name in any books.

This be Doomrulz.  I hope he won't be too hurt.
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 03, 2011, 06:52:02 PM
Why could they not have just been heading in that direction? I don't understand why it's hard to fathom that to get back to the Pred homeworld, they have to keep going in the same direction as the mothership and not towards Earth.

QuoteI do not think Babe was not hugged at the same time even if she was it appears the funereal takes place much sooner in the new version.   

Based on?

After the autopsy, Andrews says the same line about using the furnace and all the prisoners need to be in lockup by 2130 or 2200 (don't remember).  So the funeral takes place at the same time in both cuts.

QuoteThere really isn't anything considered normal, besideds what I wrote above in the Blu-ray version of Alien.  It shows in the disc menu that the recorded gestation period for an Alien is 1-10 hours still it is shown faster in other movies and mediums.

Normal gestation is around 12-16 hours based on Alien.  Alien3 conforms to this timeframe.  Aliens and Resurrection don't provide any extra info that regard.

QuoteIf they put the embryos in the other way it would cause to much embryonic fluid to leave the womb also causing labor.

She was already in labor.  It doesn't matter which way they went in to the womb - it's going to likely kill the host before it can fulfill it's function of being a host.

QuoteIt doesn't matter though I am done with this.

If you can't back your claims - then simply say "I can't back them up".  People do it all the time.

QuoteNo matter which way it went in, it's a silly concept. Sure adding MOAR aliens creates a larger threat in theory, but the whole eggbarfing business is rediculous and should be forgotten with the rest of the film.

Rather.  Prime opportunity to work egg morphing back in - and they royally f**ked it up, like everything else on that flick.

Ghostface

Ghostface

I guess you would get da impact ov pregnant gurlz dying as much with egg morphing. Belly bursters much more sadistic.

SM

SM

Sadly that's all it is.  The purpose is to scare - not revolt.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Do you mean Ripley's gestation period in Alien3 is 12-16 hours? Cause to me, it seems like several days took place in between. At least two days, probably more.

Although, I think you were talking about the dogburster.

As much as I hate Alien3, Ripley's gestation period does make sense, since a Queen is different and could require a longer time.

SM

SM

QuoteAlthough, I think you were talking about the dogburster.

Yes, I was.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2011, 11:14:12 PM
QuoteWhy could they not have just been heading in that direction? I don't understand why it's hard to fathom that to get back to the Pred homeworld, they have to keep going in the same direction as the mothership and not towards Earth.

Because space is unimaginably big that I find it hard to believe they were going anywhere but Earth.  They hadn't even left the solar ecliptic.  On top of that if Wolf was comgin from the homeworld, when he reviews the data about the crash, there's that crash zoom through space that ends on an angle behind the ship.  If that's a straight line back to the Predaplanet - it's a direction the ship was not going.

Well you bring up a valid point and you obviously took your time with it, but for me, it's just a simple plot device.

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Dec 06, 2011, 12:45:38 AM

Great so an ork says so.

That's "mod" to you.

SM

SM

QuoteWell you bring up a valid point and you obviously took your time with it, but for me, it's just a simple plot device.

I like my plot devices less holey.

Ite

Ite

AVP is a masterpiece compared to Requiem.

KingAngel ofthe Outergulf

Quote from: SM on Dec 06, 2011, 02:36:33 AM
Based on?

After the autopsy, Andrews says the same line about using the furnace and all the prisoners need to be in lockup by 2130 or 2200 (don't remember).  So the funeral takes place at the same time in both cuts.

Even if that were true the Ox would have been impregnated way later than when the dog was because they used the Oxs to haul the EEV too were ever it was supposed to go, obviously it couldn't have been impregnated then other wise everyone would have seen it happen.   

Normal gestation is around 12-16 hours based on Alien.  Alien3 conforms to this timeframe.  Aliens and Resurrection don't provide any extra info that regard.

There is no normal gestation time, during the time of the first three movies W.Y. observed that gestation time was in between 1-10 hours as stated in the first blu-ray disc of Alien Anthology, but even then that is before Humans realize there is no normal gestation time.

She was already in labor.  It doesn't matter which way they went in to the womb - it's going to likely kill the host before it can fulfill it's function of being a host.

The other where not, It does matter to the Alien because one way would cause the child to die instantly and the mother to go into labor while the other way doesn't harm the child in the since that they instantly die and the mother goes into labor.

If you can't back your claims - then simply say "I can't back them up".  People do it all the time.

I do back them up 100% but it is pointless to write things that are canon to someone that doesn't want those things to be canon.

Quote from: StayFrosty on Dec 06, 2011, 07:03:42 PM
Do you mean Ripley's gestation period in Alien3 is 12-16 hours? Cause to me, it seems like several days took place in between. At least two days, probably more.

Although, I think you were talking about the dogburster.

As much as I hate Alien3, Ripley's gestation period does make sense, since a Queen is different and could require a longer time.

As revealed in Female Wars the Queens chose when they arrive.  The Queen in Alien 3 more than likely waited till there was a way it could leave Fury 161.

W.Y. at the time of the three movies, shows that aliens gestate 1-10 hours. Aliens Anthology.

SM

SM

QuoteEven if that were true the Ox would have been impregnated way later than when the dog was because they used the Oxs to haul the EEV too were ever it was supposed to go, obviously it couldn't have been impregnated then other wise everyone would have seen it happen. 

If the hugger snuck out of the EEV while it was being transported and then hugged an ox once the EEV was dumped inside the complex, the gestation time would've been similar (within an hour).

QuoteThere is no normal gestation time, during the time of the first three movies W.Y. observed that gestation time was in between 1-10 hours as stated in the first blu-ray disc of Alien Anthology, but even then that is before Humans realize there is no normal gestation time.

The only time WY may have gotten any data during the first three films was from medical logs at Hadley.  Assuming they were sent back to Network by Bishop.  And assuming they were detailed enough.  Other than that they had Ripley's Queen data, which obviously isn't 1-10 hours.

QuoteThe other where not, It does matter to the Alien because one way would cause the child to die instantly and the mother to go into labor while the other way doesn't harm the child in the since that they instantly die and the mother goes into labor.

What?

QuoteI do back them up 100% but it is pointless to write things that are canon to someone that doesn't want those things to be canon.

Citiing some info on a DVD written by someone who had nothing to do with the films - and frequently conflicts with the film, doesn't qualify as 'backing something up'.

QuoteAs revealed in Female Wars the Queens chose when they arrive.  The Queen in Alien 3 more than likely waited till there was a way it could leave Fury 161.

Certainly did a cracking job there eh?  If Queens were so cognizant it simply could've told the adult to hive Ripley to a wall and wait out it's impending birth, which was less than 2 hours away.

QuoteW.Y. at the time of the three movies, shows that aliens gestate 1-10 hours. Aliens Anthology.

Alien and Alien3 show this to be wrong.

Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2012, 06:53:18 AM
If the hugger snuck out of the EEV while it was being transported and then hugged an ox once the EEV was dumped inside the complex, the gestation time would've been similar (within an hour).

Not really especially because of the fact that the two guys that got babe set up to be slaughtered had to leave too be present during the cremation of Hicks and Newt.

As we can see from the body Babe had been dead than less than an hour, you can tell this because rigor hadn't set in.

The only time WY may have gotten any data during the first three films was from medical logs at Hadley.  Assuming they were sent back to Network by Bishop.  And assuming they were detailed enough.  Other than that they had Ripley's Queen data, which obviously isn't 1-10 hours.

No they had more data than that as was shown in Aliens: Colonial Marines technical manual, Aliens: Infestation, and Aliens: Colonial Marine, Aliens Quaddrilogy dvd set and Aliens Anthology.  Oh and the 2 new prequels coming out.

What?

Yeah.

Citiing some info on a DVD written by someone who had nothing to do with the films - and frequently conflicts with the film, doesn't qualify as 'backing something up'.

They do not conflict with the films, it doesn't matter if you like it or not, those blu-ray discs were made by fox and are a canon source.

Certainly did a cracking job there eh?  If Queens were so cognizant it simply could've told the adult to hive Ripley to a wall and wait out it's impending birth, which was less than 2 hours away.

They are as was shown in Aliens Female Wars.

Alien and Alien3 show this to be wrong.

No they do not.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Just rewatched AVP, and I think that they definately put more work into the story telling and suspense than in AVPR.  The fight choreography is a bit better in AVPR though.  So is the music.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

I've rewatch AvP last night and sure is far better AvP-R but I don't like it either. Definitely. This is absolutely not the way I see the concept of Aliens Versus Predator.
Otherwise, I must admit the really good SFX and some interesting shots.

SM

SM

QuoteAs we can see from the body Babe had been dead than less than an hour, you can tell this because rigor hadn't set in.

That has no bearing on when Babe was actually hugged.

QuoteNo they had more data than that as was shown in Aliens: Colonial Marines technical manual, Aliens: Infestation, and Aliens: Colonial Marine, Aliens Quaddrilogy dvd set and Aliens Anthology.  Oh and the 2 new prequels coming out.

There's 2 prequels now?  Either way all that came to light AFTER the first three films.  And don't be surprised if the prequel shoots holes in stuff oncerning space jockies.

QuoteNo they do not.

If you actually pay attention to the timings in the films, both Kane and Spike's gestation are longer than 10 hours.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed