AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,233 times)

Daken

Daken

Quote from: Ghostface on Jan 10, 2011, 05:53:50 AM
Quote from: Daken on Jan 10, 2011, 05:46:07 AM
I recently bought the BluRay copy of AvP-R an the picture is not as dark as the DvD. It yet still has a dark picture because it is some what of a Horror movie.

I did read somewhere that the DVD copy was darkened. The brothers had nothing to do with it, not that Im defending them.
When watching on DVD I would just turn the brightness up on the TV.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 10, 2011, 05:59:02 AM
I did read somewhere that the DVD copy was darkened.

Why? ???

To make shit stink even more.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 10, 2011, 05:59:02 AM
I did read somewhere that the DVD copy was darkened.

Why? ???

Id assume the studio were trying to cover up the horrible mess the BS made. Perhaps if its dark, we wont see all the shitty details. Fail.

Daken

Daken

I still would go with AvP-R than AvP. Less human befreinding.  :D

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Daken on Jan 10, 2011, 06:26:49 AM
I still would go with AvP-R than AvP. Less human befreinding.  :D

Well yeh theres that...

bleau

bleau

Quote from: Taxemic on Jan 09, 2011, 11:14:59 PM
If P2 is the Chedder AVP:R = Limburger Cheese.

AvPR = Fromunda cheese

Quote from: Daken on Jan 10, 2011, 05:46:07 AM
I recently bought the BluRay copy of AvP-R an the picture is not as dark as the DvD. It yet still has a dark picture because it is some what of a Horror movie.

I did read somewhere that the DVD copy was darkened. The brothers had nothing to do with it, not that Im defending them.

Got the blu ray myself, and my television and blu ray are properly calibrated and I can say the movie is the darkest movie I ever saw. Even daytime scenes are super dark. I had no idea the dvd was even darker. This has got to be Fox's Biggest F**k up of a movie. Oh and I love how the screen caps on the back of the blu ray case look bright and normal, and not pitch black. Talk about deception.

Valaquen

Valaquen

AVPR's darker than T-Men.

DragonBossk

DragonBossk

AVPR's darker than Pitch Black  ;D

Rated-rsuperstar

Rated-rsuperstar

I'd have to go with AVP. At least it feels more like a science fiction movie with the pyramid in the artic. AVP-R has the worst setting/art design direction for this series ever. The small hick town makes the whole movie look like a scifi channel original. The 15 minutes of Wolf jacking dudes can't save it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DragonBossk on Jan 10, 2011, 01:33:59 PM
AVPR's darker than Pitch Black  ;D
Which is not really that dark... or at least, it is dark, but the clever, clever director (DAVID TWOHY MOTHERf**kERS) makes the lighting go where it can go in a way that you can see the center of attention in each scene. Something that doesn't really happen in AvPR...

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

They're both pretty bad, but I found AVPR more satisfying with all the creature carnage (although you can't see most of it). The first AVP just gets on my nerves. I can't stand Paul WS Anderson.

I still think a good Aliens vs. Predator film can work, but it'll probably never happen now.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Brett on Jan 23, 2011, 04:44:21 AM
I still think a good Aliens vs. Predator film can work, but it'll probably never happen now.

That's what they said a decade ago, never lose hope. ;) :D

Daken

Daken

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 23, 2011, 05:02:02 AM

Time flys doesn't it. I don't think there will ever be an actual Alien film. :-\

Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur

Quote from: Daken on Jan 23, 2011, 06:23:10 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 23, 2011, 05:02:02 AM

Time flys doesn't it. I don't think there will ever be an actual Alien film. :-\

What? You didn't like the Alien films? Or am I mistaken?

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

They're both pretty bad, but I found AVPR more satisfying with all the creature carnage (although you can't see most of it). The first AVP just gets on my nerves. I can't stand Paul WS Anderson.

As much as we have been burned by AVPR I'm always ready for a good AVP film. If they make one, I'd go see it in a heart beat. And as far as people saying there will never be a good AVP film, people probably said the same thing about Batman back when Batman and Robin came out. And don't forget that a 3rd Predator film seemed like it would never happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed