Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 799,027 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

We already told you Mr. Jones had neither the opportunity nor the motive.

Samhain13

Samhain13

1. Dream theory. Egg we see on Alien 3 is a dream, a facehugger got on board, maybe taking a ride on the Queen's back.

2. Ooze theory. The Queen shoot some alien goo somewhere that after a while "morphed" into an egg. LT can explain this better.

3. Bishop put the egg there.

4. The Queen can lay an emergency egg without her sack. (in this case its a full egg not something that will become an egg)

5. The hermit crab theory. A facehugger carried the egg on its back.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 17, 2019, 09:32:17 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 17, 2019, 06:17:05 PM
As a way to celebrate we could get an poll updated into this thread so we can vote into any of the theories people created over the years. Darkness? Hicks?

:laugh:

Darkness and Hicks ain't gonna read through 200 pages of fan theories. Not going to happen.

They are always watching from the darkness. Besides the theories are listed, just need to edit the OP to include a poll for members to vote.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote2. Ooze theory. The Queen shoot some alien goo somewhere that after a while "morphed" into an egg. LT explains this better.

Was that the one about the egg growing out of Bishop's legs?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 17, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
1. Dream theory. Egg we see on Alien 3 is a dream, a facehugger got on board maybe taking a ride on the Queen's back.

What if the whole movie is a dream?  I suppose that's an entirely separate theory, but it's definitely compelling.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 17, 2019, 09:51:05 PM
Quote2. Ooze theory. The Queen shoot some alien goo somewhere that after a while "morphed" into an egg. LT explains this better.

I think it follows the same idea but instead of on Bishop like we saw on Gibson's Alien 3, she threw the goo into a hidden spot on the ship.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 17, 2019, 09:52:39 PM
1. Dream theory. Egg we see on Alien 3 is a dream, a facehugger got on board maybe taking a ride on the Queen's back.

What if the whole movie is a dream?  I suppose that's an entirely separate theory, but it's definitely compelling.

That's for another thread.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Don't take that seriously. That's a joke theory I did years ago to create a Lighter Side page for my site.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jul 17, 2019, 10:10:26 PM

Don't take that seriously. That's a joke theory I did years ago to create a Lighter Side page for my site.

Too late.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Where can we fit Turk into all this?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Oh yeah Stasis Interrupted. Maybe the egg came from the ship Legato. Another theory for the poll.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 17, 2019, 09:52:55 PM

Wait, where's that thread?  'Cos the 'It doesn't matter about the egg, as the entire movie is merely one big cryo-dream/nightmare' scenario is the one I want to vote for!  ;D

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 17, 2019, 10:10:49 PM
Too late.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If I had any artistic talent at all, I'd storyboard the Ooze Theory and then maybe it'd gain the same level of acceptance as the Hermit Crab Theory.

Drukathi

Drukathi

1. Dream theory. Egg we see on Alien 3 is a dream, a facehugger got on board, maybe taking a ride on the Queen's back.

2. Ooze theory. The Queen shoot some alien goo somewhere that after a while "morphed" into an egg. LT can explain this better.

3. Bishop put the egg there.

4. The Queen can lay an emergency egg without her sack. (in this case its a full egg not something that will become an egg)

1. Good. We can even assume that Ripley was infected on LV-426.
2. Good theory. But if we assume this, we also should assume that facehuggers can infect androids (for another thread). Why not?
3. Good. But I think - Bishop should stay like a good guy.
4. No. In any case - it looks far-fetched. Like facehuggers/egg riding on Queen's back.
5. Good.

What if a joke theory looks better than "serious" theories?

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 17, 2019, 09:52:55 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 17, 2019, 09:51:05 PM

I think it follows the same idea but instead of on Bishop like we saw on Gibson's Alien 3, she threw the goo into a hidden spot on the ship.

It is definitely needed.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Drukathi on Jul 18, 2019, 08:25:51 AM3. Good. But I think - Bishop should stay like a good guy.

The Bishop theory isn't good. He simply wouldn't have had the time to do it.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 17, 2019, 10:11:51 PMWhere can we fit Turk into all this?

:laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Tell you all what, give me the options with links to posts relating to the less known ones so I can see if they're worth adding, and we'll get a V2 thread opened with the poll.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed