Action Man Thomas Jane Takes A Kick As Our August/September 2018 Cover Star

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 07, 2018, 12:36:21 PM

Author
Action Man Thomas Jane Takes A Kick As Our August/September 2018 Cover Star (Read 2,384 times)

Tetsujin

QuoteDAMAN: In a couple months or so, we're going to see you in "The Predator." What can fans expect from this new entry in the franchise?

Thomas Jane: Two words: [director] Shane Black and [writer] Fred Dekker. Punchy dialogue, great characters and freaking aliens. We blow a lot of s–t up, crack wise and shoot guns. There's a girl in it, too.

DAMAN: You famously accepted the role without reading the script first. Can you tell us why? Both the part about not reading the script and what made you interested in taking up the role and joining the movie...

Thomas Jane: Me and Shane have tried to work together a couple of times in the past, and for one reason or another it just hadn't worked out. So, when Shane called me about this one, I just asked him to let me know where to be and when to be there. I've been a fan of Shane's since "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang." I've always had a feeling that we would work well together and I was right. He's got a certain blend of hard-boiled and comedy that's very hard to hit. No one can do it like Shane Black. Me and Dekker almost worked together too, on an end-of-the-world movie with giant alien spiders, a girl and a gun. Maybe we'll get to do it one day.

DAMAN: By the way, what is it that you usually look for in potential roles?

Thomas Jane: I look for a tension between opposite forces working inside a character. I look for good writing, great dialogue and a chance to get naked and kill people. Not necessarily at the same time. It doesn't always work out.

DAMAN: What ended up being the biggest surprise for you as you worked on "The Predator"?

Thomas Jane: It surprised me how tender the Predator's nipples are. We had to use a special kind of tape over them, because whenever the wind would blow those things got huge. They looked like breakfast sausages. It was really distracting.

DAMAN: The "Predator" film series is quite a beloved franchise with a solid reputation among sci-fi fans. Do you feel that this adds extra pressure for the new "The Predator" to get things right, so to speak?

Thomas Jane: There's always pressure. Everybody has their own idea about what they want to see. We made sure to not do any of that. I remember it was important to get the Pred into a tutu, for some reason. But pink does not go well with that blue-green skin. Also, certain factions wanted to see the Pred wearing a Michael Myers hockey mask, to bring in the horror crowd. But it looked tiny on that big head. So, fortunately that was scrapped as well. He does have a dog, though. A space dog, I think they call it.

DAMAN: If there's one thing you'll always remember from your time on the set of "The Predator," what would it be?

Thomas Jane: Fortunately, I don't remember any of it. Studios are very wary of leaks, spoilers and the like, what with the Internet and Twitter and all that mind-numbing stuff going on lately. So, we were forced to undergo brainwashing procedures—developed by the CIA during the MK-Ultra days—after work each day. I remember my trigger word was "mayonnaise." The rest is black.

http://daman.co.id/action-man-thomas-jane-takes-a-kick-as-our-august-september-2018-cover-star/

The Old One

The Old One

Mayonnaise.

BigDaddyJohn

Damn that guy is funny and weird ! I like it ! I love how he disses fan ideas  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

YTL_Hunter_H2

Well played you shoeless Bastard

Wysps

I hope they didn't pay him much for that interview  ::)

Corporal Hicks

PredBabe

Wait till CBR catches wind of this. PREDATORS HAVE NIPS.

Xerxész

This man can not be taken seriously. :)
Nobody knows when he thinks something seriously. :P

OpenMaw

Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 07, 2018, 03:20:07 PM

Maple sausage nips.

Quote from: Xerxész on Aug 07, 2018, 03:58:16 PM
This man can not be taken seriously. :)
Nobody knows when he thinks something seriously. :P

He is to be taken incredibly seriously at all times. I will have no snickering!

KiramidHead

Jane really is Da Man. :laugh:

N-Shifter

I highly recommend following the link and reading the rest of the interview, it's gold:

"DAMAN: Besides "The Punisher" back in 2004, movie fans also know you as the lead in popular movies like "The Thin Red Line," "Deep Blue Sea" and "The Mist" just to name a few. That being said, what do you see as your most memorable or personally significant film?

Thomas Jane: My most significant film is a sex tape I did with the Sisters of Everloving Sorrow, back in my college days. They all wore red habits, and my Johnson was covered with blacklight paint. It won't be released until the last sister has died, but they were all pretty old even back then. So, I guess you should look out for it. It was called "The Devil Inside Me," but I think they're changing it."

PredBabe

Quote from: OpenMaw on Aug 07, 2018, 09:25:57 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 07, 2018, 03:20:07 PM

Maple sausage nips.

Those damn delicious maple links.

Huggs

Quote from: N-Shifter on Aug 07, 2018, 11:53:53 PM
I highly recommend following the link and reading the rest of the interview, it's gold:

"DAMAN: Besides "The Punisher" back in 2004, movie fans also know you as the lead in popular movies like "The Thin Red Line," "Deep Blue Sea" and "The Mist" just to name a few. That being said, what do you see as your most memorable or personally significant film?

Thomas Jane: My most significant film is a sex tape I did with the Sisters of Everloving Sorrow, back in my college days. They all wore red habits, and my Johnson was covered with blacklight paint. It won't be released until the last sister has died, but they were all pretty old even back then. So, I guess you should look out for it. It was called "The Devil Inside Me," but I think they're changing it."

Hilarious! A man after my own Johnson. I did something similar back in my heydays, except it was called thanksgiving 98. It was really like 09, but I liked the way 98 sounded better.  ;)

I kid of course. What a guy. I hope he returns as castle someday.

skull-splitter

In character for The Predator I'm just assuming...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed