Female Predators CONFIRMED?!

Started by RakaiThwei, Jul 19, 2018, 11:42:26 PM

Author
Female Predators CONFIRMED?! (Read 12,336 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jul 20, 2018, 11:43:26 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 20, 2018, 07:46:25 PM
Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 20, 2018, 07:26:53 PM
Seems like many people are leery of seeing more predator culture revealed on-screen, or having one as a more prominent and fleshed out character, because it would "humanize" them, but have no problem applying human concepts of gender traits to them...?

But anyone can say that their appearance is more masculine, that doesn't take away  mystery. It's the key word IMO : mystery. As long as enough of it is left, it's all good. There could be predator clowns or predator accountants on their planet. Would i want to see that in a movie : absolutely not. Female preds could exist, there is no definitive reason why it wouldn't be, but i don't want to know. Mystery.

So, in effect, 'No girls allowed'?

"and we don't want none!"  ;)

Seriously, it's not the worst thing that could happen to the franchise.

But different people want different things. When it comes to female predators, some folks are intimidated, some are worried it's merely a political stunt that serves no other purpose but placation, some think it's cool as long as it's sexy, some don't care either way.

Me? We're getting super predators, dogs that look like pitbulls, and comedy. A female predator is waaaay down there on my list of potential issues with this film, should they even be in the movie to begin with. It really seems to be a non-issue. I mean, I don't think predators come from eggs or are grown. Although that would be wild, in a blade runner 2049 sort of way.

SM

SM

But you're saying female Predators (assuming the existing ones are male) is a bad thing.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jul 21, 2018, 03:45:31 AM
But you're saying female Predators (assuming the existing ones are male) is a bad thing.

Nope.

The "and we don't want none" line was a jab at those folks who are truly upset about the idea of a female predator.

I understand why some people can get riled up about it. This being an age with a "rise of the woman" feel. With Aliens, yeah it works great, but some folks out there don't want their "manly predator" to go girly. I empathize, but only to a degree.

Do I think it's necessary that we get a female predator? Not really, the franchise could probably go on indefinitely without one. Would it bother me if we did, no, not really. I can't think of a single reason why it would. Land sakes, Predators spend so much time cloaked, who could even notice? And even if they didn't, so what?

That's why I called it a "potential issue". Because the concept of a female predator can still be handled poorly, and that's when it becomes an actual issue.

SM

SM

But you said "Seriously, it's not the worst thing that could happen to the franchise."

Does this not mean "it's bad, but it's not the worst thing"?  Particularly when you say that female Predators are a "potential issue".

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jul 21, 2018, 04:46:29 AM
But you said "Seriously, it's not the worst thing that could happen to the franchise."

Does this not mean "it's bad, but it's not the worst thing"?  Particularly when you say that female Predators are a "potential issue".

(sigh)

Nope.

If you knew me personally, then you would know that when I say "Seriously, it's not the worst thing that could happen" about anything, it's French for "dude, it's a non-issue". The feeling and intent behind my usage of this phrase is neither negative nor positive, but completely neutral. The word "seriously" is meant to be in immediate reply to the people who do have a problem with it. As in, the people claiming "and we don't want none". It was a playful jab, at those who (I believe) are taking the possibility of a female predator way too hard.

It's just part of how I talk.

I only entered the conversation because I saw you say "So, in effect, 'No girls allowed'?". That got me to thinking about the little rascals, and so I said, in response with quotation marks and a wink "and we don't want none". Why? Because I thought not wanting a female pred for reasons like "no girls allowed" would be silly. It's sexism, and childish.

And so, yet again, I have no issues whatsoever with a female predator being introduced into the franchise. I can't for the life of me, see why anyone else would. But I do try to understand those with differing opinions. Which is why I listed some of the possibilities I thought people might not want one.

And also, yet again, the concept itself is only a "potential issue" for the reasons stated in many of the discussions we've had in the community. Any creature can be done wrong. It could be too feminine, too masculine, it might not even resemble a predator at all. The success of new concepts are always in the execution. Could it be done wrong? Absolutely. Look at the creature suit Van Damme was in.

I think it's quite obvious in both of my previous posts that I have no issue with female predators. I'm just not bothered by the idea. I'm a man who grew up surrounded by strong women, and I have total confidence in my sexuality. I'm dragging no knuckles behind me.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

That's being unduly harsh man.

It's also just a well used phrase that a lot of us use everyday in one way or another.

However if one of the predator were female would that mean a female actor would portray the character or would it still be a male?  :P Yea all the predator actors are male in this movie right? Perhaps that's the enigma of the entire debate over what is male and female in regards to an alien being.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 21, 2018, 05:36:27 AM

It's also just a well used phrase that a lot of us use everyday in one way or another.

He's just nitpickin'. It's alright. God knows we've all done it before.

D88M

D88M

Female predators do not make much sense to me, at least not hunting unless thay plan to change the whole simbolism of the franchise for this movie. It was never even stated in the movies that the predators we saw are male, i know it probably is the case, but there is a metaphor there, if they put a female predator for the sake of it it wonr make much sense. But i do not expect a good Predator movie for a long time so i dont really care.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: D88M on Jul 21, 2018, 05:58:32 AM
It was never even stated in the movies that the predators we saw are male,

"He comes here every two days to feed." - Keyes

They were collecting his DNA by that point.

They're referred to as he. The "Well, hurrr durr maybe they were females all along WE DONT KNOW." Would be a blind, blatant retcon of the intentions of the first two films. Manhood rituals, hunting, masculine forms beating down the most masculine among us. It's all about masculinity. To try and change that would be the brain cell seering EPITOME of post modern horseshit.

SM

SM

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 21, 2018, 05:45:22 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 21, 2018, 05:36:27 AM

He's just nitpickin'. It's alright. God knows we've all done it before.

'Nitpicking' is quoting your own words back to you?  Horseshit.

However, since you actually detailed what you meant, I now understand.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: SM on Jul 20, 2018, 11:43:26 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 20, 2018, 07:46:25 PM
Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 20, 2018, 07:26:53 PM
Seems like many people are leery of seeing more predator culture revealed on-screen, or having one as a more prominent and fleshed out character, because it would "humanize" them, but have no problem applying human concepts of gender traits to them...?

But anyone can say that their appearance is more masculine, that doesn't take away  mystery. It's the key word IMO : mystery. As long as enough of it is left, it's all good. There could be predator clowns or predator accountants on their planet. Would i want to see that in a movie : absolutely not. Female preds could exist, there is no definitive reason why it wouldn't be, but i don't want to know. Mystery.

So, in effect, 'No girls allowed'?

Please don't get sensitive

SiL

SiL

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 21, 2018, 07:51:47 AM
Quote from: D88M on Jul 21, 2018, 05:58:32 AM
It was never even stated in the movies that the predators we saw are male,

"He comes here every two days to feed." - Keyes

They were collecting his DNA by that point.

They're referred to as he. The "Well, hurrr durr maybe they were females all along WE DONT KNOW." Would be a blind, blatant retcon of the intentions of the first two films. Manhood rituals, hunting, masculine forms beating down the most masculine among us. It's all about masculinity. To try and change that would be the brain cell seering EPITOME of post modern horseshit.
How would Keyes know? What would having its DNA help with determining gender unless they had something to compare it to?

YTL_Hunter_H2

YTL_Hunter_H2

Jesus Christ you are all hilarious 😆 only way I want to see a female predator is in the comics or robot chicken. The concept of the predator being a female is just ludacris. I may offend some sensitive millennial in saying so but sorry I'm not sorry one bit a female of any species isnt capable of doing the things predator has done in any film. Keep the predator male fox you've f**ked up enough on the last three films as it is

BishopShouldGo

There's nothing ludicrous about a female predator.

YTL_Hunter_H2

YTL_Hunter_H2

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 21, 2018, 11:58:06 PM
There's nothing ludicrous about a female predator.
from what's been established in film canon yes. It's absolutely ludicrous. Can men have just this one thing without feminist f**king it up? Just leave the predator alone please

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed