A Large Cast of Characters or a Small One???

Started by germanator2, Aug 17, 2016, 03:54:33 AM

Author
A Large Cast of Characters or a Small One??? (Read 1,388 times)

germanator2

I hope it's a relatively small cast. And to make up for it, they could at least get a couple of big name actors in it to help sell it. With a big cast, you'll probably get more Predator kills and blood and gore, but very little character development and story while most of the characters will pretty much be "red shirts" to the Predator. With a small cast tho, while you may have less Predator kills and blood and gore, you can at least have some time with the characters and some development before they die. But they said it will be an "event film". Not a 100% sure what that means, but it sounds like Fox will have a pretty large cast of characters.

BishopShouldGo

Dekker said there's a lot of different characters. And that they all just won't be killed off one by one.

I'd like to think there's more to a Predator film than violence, blood and gore. There's certainly more to a Terminator film. Make this movie like Terminator 2. A quality spectacle with action, adventure, horror, mystery, sci-fi, and some comedy.

Predator 2 set a dangerous precedent in replicating the spine of Predator. Now everyone thinks a Predator movie has to be about a group of specific people getting hunted down one by one.

Predator_Spirit

violence, blood and gore are part of the predator spirit.

BishopShouldGo

Not to me.

Master

Larger cast for me.  But it depends on what is the plot. Violent kills are important part of Predator characteristic.

g2vd

I say a Cast Size of 8 People is pretty much perfect, that size is equal with Predator's 8 and is pretty much perfect for what's needed.

Kaltes

So long as the plot is good and inventive, I'll be fine with a large or small cast of characters.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: g2vd on Aug 17, 2016, 06:48:09 PM
I say a Cast Size of 8 People is pretty much perfect, that size is equal with Predator's 8 and is pretty much perfect for what's needed.

We don't know what's needed yet though. Dekker mentioned it being a bigger global affair, so perhaps it'll be quite a large cast. Though, they may merely be supporting characters. We don't really know enough yet.

Kaltes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2016, 07:53:54 AM
Dekker mentioned it being a bigger global affair.

I like the sound of that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed