Am I The Only One Who Thinks The...

Started by PRJ_since1990, May 21, 2016, 01:02:38 AM

Do you like the name "The Predator?"

Yes
No
Indifferent
Author
Am I The Only One Who Thinks The... (Read 6,605 times)

Corporal Hicks

I had to resist adding the tongue face when I was writing that.  :laugh:

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2016, 10:24:14 AM
I had to resist adding the tongue face when I was writing that.  :laugh:
That's too funny.

Black & Dekker... The Predator (You know the Drill)

HuDaFuK

:laugh: Why hasn't the marketing department hired you?!

Deadmeat

:laugh:

I actually kinda like the title. Makes it feel ominous, almost threatening, but in a flashy kinda way... makes me feel nostalgic for the late 80's movies. I get why some of you think it's lazy or uncreative, though. But, then again, I've always been a fan of minimalism. :D

All in all - March 8 will be judgement day. A movie's title alone isn't enough to determine whether it'll be good or not.

blood.

blood.

The Predator

I like it.

EJA

EJA

Just adding "The" doesn't work for me. It needs something more.

whiterabbit

Considering that it is a direct sequel, Predator 3: "subtitle here" would be nicer. Oh hell, just Predator 3. :)

BishopShouldGo

Predator 3? A colon? Lame. No one even knows or cares that there's a Predator 2. A movie that bombed 26 years ago...please. The Predator is a perfect title.

Master

Master

Ok. you don't like Predator 2, we get it. Still Predator 3 is perfect title for direct sequel of first two, plain and simple. Another thing is, in many languages including mine there is no definite articles which makes translation of The Predator awkward.

BishopShouldGo

Woo hoo it's called The Predator!

whiterabbit

Yea I like Predator 3. It's just so easy to know the order in which to watch the movies.

BishopShouldGo

And I'm glad The Predator is the official title. ;D

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 28, 2016, 12:21:16 AMYea I like Predator 3.

But this would be Predator 4.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Master on Jun 27, 2016, 10:17:39 PM
Ok. you don't like Predator 2, we get it. Still Predator 3 is perfect title for direct sequel of first two, plain and simple. Another thing is, in many languages including mine there is no definite articles which makes translation of The Predator awkward.

Wouldn't it come with its own title in that case? Like Alien and things like The 8th Passenger.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 28, 2016, 08:21:50 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 28, 2016, 12:21:16 AMYea I like Predator 3.

But this would be Predator 4.

Chronologically, Black believes it to be Predator 3 and Predators to be 4. I really hope someone corrects him on that.

Master

Master

It'll  probably be titled Predator 3 or 4 here or some dumb subtitle will be made. There is small possibility it just won't be translated, but I hardly believe it.

I was thinking about what Black was saying. It may be the case The Predator is set before Predators. That's why he is saying Predators are set in future.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed