Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 132,787 times)

Adey

Adey

Quote from: WeylandYutaniCorp on Mar 06, 2010, 03:32:17 PM
for real I havnt played since release because there is NO online for PS3.  I had more fun on the demo because there was at least 8 players in a match.

its been almost a month if it doesnt get fixed soon I will be selling the game sadly disappointed.
It must be the time of day or the match type you chose because iv got it for PS3 and it only ever takes 2 mins to get in a match, which is usually 12/18 players. I've never had a problem finding a 12/18 player match. The blu-tooth devices do need a mute function, preferably one that lets you choose who to mute so you can only hear your friends, also they need to fix the host has left the game problem, because that is annoying.

kaljo

kaljo

Quote from: Uncanny Psycho on Mar 06, 2010, 01:10:13 PM
Having a dedicated server problem. When i try launching my dedicated server now it freezes and says my avp_cli.exe stopped working.

Anyone who can please help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

-Uncanny Psycho

i was on the serv earlier, but i got con issues :S

PhoenixSC

PhoenixSC

Quote from: thrown_hammer on Mar 06, 2010, 03:17:37 PM
Easily 75% of the players were Predators in every game. This game is turning into a giant Predator war.

Predator war with 'almost' every players throwing discs and using plasma casters for up-close combat. What ? They never heard of melee before ?

Serious problem with losing xp when suddenly connection is lost to host OR people just quitting the match and cannot continue playing without the appropriate number of players. On the same note, would someone explain how do ranked matches get played as far as what type of server ? Are they Rebellion's ? Someone I talked with said the game, for lack of a better word, assigns the match to random players for hosting ? Is this true ? We also need a few more options as far as host controls for friendly matches.

Matchmaking still an issue in amount of time it takes to get one going although I did notice something, (maybe it's just me.) in that instead of waiting for X amount of players to join, it will stop after so long and automatically put you into another matchmaking process. Anyone else seeing this over the weekend ?

Give CROUCH option already !

I think that covers enough of what I have to post. This is still a good game and when some of these issues are fixed, it will be even better.

PhoenixSC

PhoenixSC

Quote from: FrankO on Mar 03, 2010, 03:50:09 PM
And console users, do you ever feel that multiplayer patch will come?

I am more than a little pissed than it seems as if we are being left 'in the dust' for any multiplayers patches for console, specifically PS3. I mean, WTF ! I will admit that PC players desperately needed patches but don't forget about us, ok Rebellion ?

dude63

dude63

I've been watching some survivor videos and I thin kthis mode could benefit more from a respawn of players after certain waves or something. Some player told me he spent like 20 minutes or something waiting for the player to die. Also I hear the pred disc needs like a charge or something..it seems unbalanced..at least thats what people told me.

Tyranix

Tyranix

Not sure if this has been mentioned, or if this is a problem with the other platforms, but on PS3 once in awhile you can't join a friends game, it ends up giving a 'connection timed out message' It seems related to the mic problem. But the only way to fix this problem is doing a connection test then rejoining the game

stroggificated

stroggificated

When i turn around as alien that fast, that i can see my tail and then do stop, i move or wiggle a short time after that. Very strange. I've could sworn this wasn't the first time i played.
The fact is, it bothers me so that I'm fed up with this game. That was the last drop... >:(

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Quote from: stroggificated on Mar 08, 2010, 11:45:25 PM
When i turn around as alien that fast, that i can see my tail and then do stop, i move or wiggle a short time after that. Very strange. I've could sworn this wasn't the first time i played.
The fact is, it bothers me so that I'm fed up with this game. That was the last drop... >:(

the alien tail is supposed to be there, it`s a full rig (no "floating hands attached to a camera" here, nosir!)

stroggificated

stroggificated

Quote from: S.Y.L on Mar 09, 2010, 07:30:37 AM

the alien tail is supposed to be there, it`s a full rig (no "floating hands attached to a camera" here, nosir!)
No. I'm fine with the tail. It's a lag or wiggle of the camera after i stopped moving.
It's a pity i can't put this on youtube to show it. I haven't seen this issue on another videos so far. 'Reinstalling' doesn't help.  :-\

Kane

Kane

Quote from: stroggificated on Mar 09, 2010, 10:25:02 AM
Quote from: S.Y.L on Mar 09, 2010, 07:30:37 AM

No. I'm fine with the tail. It's a lag or wiggle of the camera after i stopped moving.
It's a pity i can't put this on youtube to show it. I haven't seen this issue on another videos so far. 'Reinstalling' doesn't help.  :-\

I think it's the alien moving his body, so the camera moves slightly to the left/right with the aliens movement.
Try and look down so you can see your legs. When the camera wiggles you should see the legs moving.
It's not an "issue/bug" it's just the alien changing position.

stroggificated

stroggificated

Okay. Then i think i can live with that although i don't like this gimmick very much.  :)

T.L.22

T.L.22

The other night, playing Species Deathmatch on a dedicated server, I tried switching to a team that had available slots to help even out the teams, but the game wasn't registering my attempts. After a couple games, after another dozen clicks it switched to another team, but retained my previous species (predator) graphic. In game I was a marine though. After that game ended, I tried switching to alien, but the same issue occurred.

Basically the bug is not being able to switch to teams on a dedicated STDM server despite available slots. I don't know if this was just a one time thing for me, though, since it only occurred on the last server I played.

newbeing

newbeing

Not a big issues and maybe it was done on purpose, but I hate how when going back to play a singleplayer mission, that I previously beat on a harder diffficulty, on easy difficulty it lowers my singleplayer score and rank. No matter what difficulty I beat it on the score should remain on the highest difficulty I completed the mission at.

Robotchicken

Robotchicken

Im having bad issues with fps....i just built a new pc before the game came out and it ran the demo at like 120 FPS and cod4 at 200. its a 260 overclocked....there is absolutely no reason it should run so horribly. i only get 30 fps outside and 50 inside.
any thoughts?

bobcunk

bobcunk

i noticed the game lagging at points but i kept a steady framrate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed