Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 132,780 times)

Brother

Brother

It's a bug, it happened to a lot of people. We are waiting on a fix.

Agent-Kiwi

Agent-Kiwi

I downloaded a patch last night...What is it doing (Ps3)?

Dude

Dude

Oh thanks... was already freaking out :P though if i now do single player for example and gain score, would that affect the fix?

PhoenixSC

PhoenixSC

Quote from: Agent-Kiwi on Feb 24, 2010, 01:21:28 PM
I downloaded a patch last night...What is it doing (Ps3)?

I'd be interested in knowing if there was a patch on PS3 version, what did it adddress ? Thanks

EatWheat

EatWheat

There is a glitch at the part of the alien campaign when u foight the two preds if u try to TK them but there mask is still on the mandibles will go through and u will see them

Eldritch

Eldritch

Try this bug:

I destroyed the last canister, expected to be getting the "Quite A Specimen" achievement. Did not get it. Thought to myself how this could be. I exit the game and check Steam. Steam is acting up. All my friends were gone. Hrmm.. then Steam says it has updated, could that be it? I restart. Still no achievement, and still no friends in my list.. peculiar.. so I boot up the game. This is what I find:

- I lost ALL audio diaries (got them all), canisters (got them all, just did not get the achievement) and belts (had around 10 left)
- I lost all level progress
- I lost ALL MY RANK!!!! I was 18, now I am 1 (this is what makes me the most upset) I worked hard and long for those XP only to be buttwhacked down to the stone age... NOT cool :P

Result? I uninstalled. I refuse to play a game that effectively robs you of all your hard efforts. Sure, I can use the XP exploit to get my XP back, but it is a matter of principle: I don't cheat.

:( I can haz money back now?

DrHobo

DrHobo

My Rank was resetted 3 times and I don't care. It's not like it would affect anything gameplay-wise..

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: Swizzly64 on Feb 24, 2010, 02:12:15 PM
My Rank was resetted 3 times and I don't care. It's not like it would affect anything gameplay-wise..

Well, I want a particular skin (Celtic), and I had just gotten it. Remove the damn XP system and just let us use whatever skins we like, spank you very much :P

PhoenixSC

PhoenixSC

Quote from: Eldritch on Feb 24, 2010, 02:10:54 PM
Sure, I can use the XP exploit to get my XP back, but it is a matter of principle:

Why would you even bring that up, based on a matter of principle ? I'm just saying  ;D

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: PhoenixSC on Feb 24, 2010, 02:19:45 PM
Quote from: Eldritch on Feb 24, 2010, 02:10:54 PM
Sure, I can use the XP exploit to get my XP back, but it is a matter of principle:

Why would you even bring that up, based on a matter of principle ? I'm just saying  ;D

Because it was suggested to me before..

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Unlockable content can be fun... but forcing us to unlock basic stuff like multiplayer skins is bullsht.  It's a very artificial way of trying to make the game look like it has more content, and give players a sense of accomplishment.  PROTIP REBELLION:  Grinding levels does not give a sense of accomplishment.

The Predator/Alien collectable items are also a crock of shit.  You're collecting them simply for the sake of it, there is no reason to do it except to earn a badge that says "Hey look at me, I was dumb enough to waste my time searching for pointless items!".  At least the marine audio diaries are (sometimes) interesting to listen to but again Rebellion artifically increased the content by making the audio logs ridiculous short.

Another protip for Rebellion:  When you have audio diaries that contain interesting information and backstory, don't split them up into almost 10 logs per level and don't force the player to actively hunt for them.  Condence them down in number to maybe 3 or 4 per level and make them fairly easy to find, so that every player can have their experienced enriched.  Plot and backstory should not be f**king optional.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Also, AvP2's text logs were also great.

There's no reason to stick to just one approach. Some things are better under certain media, and text as a format imbues words with a different context. An audio-log, for instance, is probably meant as a record of something. A text log may be meant as a message for someone else. Piecing these together in AvP2 was fun.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: Brother on Feb 24, 2010, 01:14:05 PM
It's a bug, it happened to a lot of people. We are waiting on a fix.

The fix is too late, I want my rank back  :P

[REB]Trigger

[REB]Trigger

Hi,

The PC patch 1 (which was released on the 16th of Feb) notes have been posted - please accept our apologies for not including this in the Steam update news for the game.  This overrsight has now been corrected.

Additionally, for players experiencing "stuttering" on the PC version of AVP - updated advice and information regarding this issue has also been posted

Thanks,
Eric

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

Quote from: [REB]Trigger on Feb 24, 2010, 04:37:27 PM
Hi,

The PC patch 1 (which was released on the 16th of Feb) notes have been posted - please accept our apologies for not including this in the Steam update news for the game.  This overrsight has now been corrected.

Additionally, for players experiencing "stuttering" on the PC version of AVP - updated advice and information regarding this issue has also been posted

Thanks,
Eric

Thanks for the update Trigger. Thanks for the great game and hopefully ... sequel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed