Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage

Started by ikarop, Nov 26, 2011, 08:39:19 PM

Author
Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage (Read 160,564 times)

szkoki

szkoki

Already feel sad for the crew...i hope this movie gives that dark atmosphere that only alien movies can give.

Biomechanoid20

Excellent! I am very excited! When the HD trailer comes out, I will be playing it on loop with the volume up!

Mihail

Mihail

I'm dying to see this movie & i don't want to die before i see it

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

i havent stopped watching this trailer since it was posted lol

im really excited for this movie, this is one of the best movie trailers ive ever seen, im absolutely certain that ridley is going to deliver the goods after watching this, it looks like its gonna be a non stop roller coaster of action and thriller story.

my only hope now is that the blade runner and robocop reboots get the same treatment.....

thanks

rich

Gash

Gash

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Nov 27, 2011, 06:57:08 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 27, 2011, 06:39:02 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 27, 2011, 01:42:30 AM
This is from 2010, before it became the "non-Alien" Prometheus movie. Of course, fooling us didn't last long  ;)

Doesn't matter. The quotes should have over-ridden other rumours. There are several points where the director states without ambiguity that it's a very direct prequel.

Ridley Scott later said it wasn't a prequel, that it had evolved into something original.

Probably at Fox's request, because they were nervous about upsetting fan boys who might appear, in their eyes, to want prequels to deliver all the familiar tropes of the ALIEN 'franchise'.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I've had a go at sketching what I could make out of the possible Space Jockey, it was one of the first things I've noticed . The possible space jockey's helmet is much longer down the front than the human's space helmet, but in the end it's just a space suit with a very strange helmet, and a humanoid with a strange posture, which makes it suspicious.
Attempt 1

Attempt 2

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 27, 2011, 11:06:22 AM
Quote from: supperdup on Nov 27, 2011, 01:25:26 AM
This is my first message in this forum because I like aliens and predator movies. This was just too itneresting to not join.
Heres picture I edited about the jumping person. I think he jumps on a space jockey:

I hadn't noticed that. Just been rewatching this and it looks very similar to Richard Daborn's Space Jockey suit concept:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Corpral_Hicks/1265322852_resized.jpg

Just a different type of spacesuit imo. This one in particular:

(Same environment)

(Same helmet)

maddriver

maddriver

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Nov 27, 2011, 01:51:32 PM
i havent stopped watching this trailer since it was posted lol

im really excited for this movie, this is one of the best movie trailers ive ever seen, im absolutely certain that ridley is going to deliver the godds after watching this, it looks like its gonna be anon stop roller coaster of action and thriller story.

my only hope now is that the blade runner and robocop reboots get the same treatment.....

thanks

rich

I don't have too many hopes for Blade Runner or Robocop, but honestly, after watching the trailer for Prometheus I am a bit more optimistic. Of course, trailers are just the product of the marketing department and are supposed to attract viewers, but at the same time I believe that it will be a good movie. The Thing was a disappointment, but Ridley has a 80% chance to pull off a good prequel.

El Diablo

El Diablo

As soon as the derelict ship appeared my heart almost skipped a beat. I cannot wait to see this.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Theres no way the object at 37 is a helmet, its defo organic in nature. if you frame by frame you can see it moving and flexing etc.pretty sure its the head of some alien life-form.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That trailer... so much... sheer... awesomeness.
My God.
Cannot wait to see it in proper quality.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: ikarop on Nov 27, 2011, 02:02:23 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 27, 2011, 11:06:22 AM
Quote from: supperdup on Nov 27, 2011, 01:25:26 AM
This is my first message in this forum because I like aliens and predator movies. This was just too itneresting to not join.
Heres picture I edited about the jumping person. I think he jumps on a space jockey:

I hadn't noticed that. Just been rewatching this and it looks very similar to Richard Daborn's Space Jockey suit concept:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Corpral_Hicks/1265322852_resized.jpg

Just a different type of spacesuit imo. This one in particular:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/prometheus/trailers/comicon17.jpg

(Same environment)

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/prometheus/trailers/comicon28.jpg

(Same helmet)

Thanks for illustrating what i've been saying.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Black on Nov 27, 2011, 02:17:22 PM
Theres no way the object at 37 is a helmet, its defo organic in nature. if you frame by frame you can see it moving and flexing etc.pretty sure its the head of some alien life-form.

I think it's turning around but I can't see movement in the head/helmet itself. It's translucent though and one can see the dark colours of some head or skull or whatever inside at the top of it

T Dog

T Dog

To be honest I was looking at the thing at 37 the wrong way until someone pointed it out.

I was looking at the humped back as a face with 2 eyes. It looks what I'd imagine the Jockey would look like underneath the suit. But yeah I can see the helmet/dome the same way everyone else can now and it's definitely not the same as the flamethrower guy.

By the way, are people certain that it's Rapace on the operating table? Could it not be Kate Dickie or whatever her name is. They both have red hair and we know they are both in the ampule room from the EW article.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 27, 2011, 02:33:54 PM
To be honest I was looking at the thing at 37 the wrong way until someone pointed it out.

I was looking at the humped back as a face with 2 eyes. It looks what I'd imagine the Jockey would look like underneath the suit. But yeah I can see the helmet/dome the same way everyone else can now and it's definitely not the same as the flamethrower guy.

Well, it's a possible humanoid in a curious space suit with a backpack and a curious helmet. Maybe we'll hope to see something more before fully jumping to a conclusion. I did one study of it and then when I attempted again to work it out, there seems to be a lot more to be said about the shape of the helmet or whatever it is

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed