Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 323,512 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 09, 2014, 05:49:04 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Oct 08, 2014, 11:41:58 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 08, 2014, 07:18:11 AM
Me too.

Me not three.

Final episode was balls-to-the-walls awesome, though. Just the long, meandering, laughably over-the-top and silly road to get there left something to be desired.

I didn't feel like Season Two was like that. If anything it felt more dialed back, than Season One. Most of the time was the cat and mouse game between Hannibal and Will. And occasionally there would be a crazy to track down.

How'd you like Randall Tier?

Spoiler
You know, the werewolf. :laugh:
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

That was odd to say the least. :D

I liked the way he was...deposed of, though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Flash is on my list. A-ah.

First Blood

First Blood

Arrow
Constantine
The Flash
The Walking Dead

Still have a love/hate realationship with Gotham.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Recently (not alltime/overall):

Jeopardy!
South Park
The Simpsons
American Dad
Key and Peele

Bloodee Jacob

Bloodee Jacob

I know this thread hasn't been posted in for a few months, but I thought updating my favorite TV shows would be a decent first post in awhile.

Despite what I said of The Walking Dead being my favorite TV series now and of all time, that has changed. I have debated for quite a few years now if the Syfy/U.S. version of Being Human was in fact over TWD (The Walking Dead) for me. And now I can surely say it is. Believe me I still enjoy TWD, but to me starting in certain parts of Season 3-4 it has decreased more noticeably in it's writing, character development,a and the general quality of the show minus the effects. I preferred the older TWD where it was more character driven. It still is, but not the same as it was. Being Human to me was always far more consistent from season to season, and it never felt like it was bleeding the story dry where as the current TWD showrunners want TWD to go 12 or more seasons which I think is a bit much for any show. Not just that though, but Sam Witwer's "Aidan Waite" (main character of Being Human) is pretty much my favorite character of anything of all time. He was very compelling, and Sam Witwer played him so well, and the character has such a rich history and background. His development over the course of the show's four seasons alone were worth it to me. From "people" in his life like Bishop (whose connection to Aidan was so layered and interesting) to Rebecca to Mother and Suren to Suzanna and everything else it was such a well explored evolution/long development from having his normal life stripped away from him to becoming one of the most ruthless vampires possible, to finding a way to sort of regain his humanity and being seen as a very good man despite all his mistakes. Not only those things, but the character was always so relatable and likeable. Witwer had such a range in that role. That and the fact that I enjoyed the other leading characters of Josh, Sally, and Nora. Sally annoyed me a bit during my original viewing of the series, but I have warmed up to her and was glad that Nora became more and more important to the show. It was always so easy to feel bad for Josh, and his friendship with Aidan was so well written, and something to marvel at and pay attention to. All the leads had such a great chemistry on and off the screen together, and it was so obvious they loved working on the show despite a modest budget season to season. The show did something else that a lot of other shows and even movies have trouble doing, and that is mixing in comedy and serious drama/action. Being Human blended the believable comedic banter and awkward situations of our "roomates", while at the same time being able to deliver serious/dark situations, drama and action. It all felt natural and blended well.

Just overall I realized that my love for Being Human was always very close to TWD, and has now exceeded it.

My other favorite shows of all time (excluding Being Human and The Walking Dead obviously) include Dexter, Breaking Bad, among others. Some of my favorites that are still airing include Vikings, Game of Thrones, The Vampire Diaries, Penny Dreadful, and The Strain. I also loved NBC's Dracula, but it was cancelled after one season which of course was upsetting since had it gone on longer it would have gotten a fairly high spot on my all time list I'm sure.

vikingr

vikingr

My favorite TV series are the following:

The Sopranos

long time nothing

Breaking Bad
Shameless
The Office (and the German version: Stromberg)
Hannibal
True Detective
Dexter

There are more I like, but those are the ones I really dig.

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Arrested Development
Arrow
Batman: The Animated Series
Batman Beyond
Battlestar Galactica (2004)
Death Note
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Game of Thrones
The Flash (2014)
The I.T. Crowd (2006)
The Legend of Korra
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
South Park
Stargate: SG-1
Star Trek: The Original Series
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Star Wars: Rebels
The Walking Dead

ace3g

ace3g

since I can't find the thread even though I know it is out there (something is wrong with the search function and/or when you search for threads in google)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yes, there are occasions where the search function doesn't work.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I got into Parks and Rec a few weeks back and I'm on season five already. This show is hilarious.

Alien³

Alien³

Relatively new shows to my radar which I love...

Rick & Morty
The Big Lez Show
Archer
Danger 5
Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I f**king love Archer. So much.

ace3g

ace3g

For Luther fans

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed